Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 23

Ankita_88

IF-Rockerz

Ankita_88

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cjs369

Chandragupta Maurya succeeded to the Nanda throne in 321 B.C
Once the Ganges valley was under his control,  Chandragupta moved to the north-west to exploit the power vacuum created by Alexander's departure. The areas of the north-west fell to him rapidly until he reached the Indus. Here he paused for the moment, as the Greek Seleucid dynasty had fortified itself in Persia and was determined to hold the trans Indus region.

305 B.C. saw CGM back in the north-west involved in a campaign against Seleucus Nikator, which Chandragupta finally won in 303 B.C.
The treaty of 303 B.C. also included a marriage between Seleucus's daughter Helen with Chandragupta Maurya.

well that was the system yaar....ladies were trated like that....they could not voice their intention over anything....CGM had many wives so is prithviraj chauhan so is Maan Singha so is others...no change yaar !!! ladies were treated like that.....its soo pathetic !!!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cjs369tiny15

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "did u know (Page 3)" in Chandragupta Maurya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Amor.

Coolbie

Amor.

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Hey guyz as u r discussion 
i would love to share this with all of u 

2007 ya 2008 me koi survey hua tha usme nikla tha ye i read in a magazine on history long time back so pc me save kiya tha

Ten great historical leaders who are known as dashveers

they are-
chandragupta maurya
,ashoka
,samudragupt
,vikramaditya
,harshavardhan.
bappa rawal,
prithviraj chauhan
,rana kumbha-rana sanga,
maharana pratap,
shivaji.
thy r in correct sequence 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sss8080vik rocksrinku4uSinha18cjs369Ankita_88tiny15Badtameez_Dil

Ankita_88

IF-Rockerz

Ankita_88

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BhartiKhushi909

Hey guyz as u r discussion 
i would love to share this with all of u 

2007 ya 2008 me koi survey hua tha usme nikla tha ye i read in a magazine on history long time back so pc me save kiya tha

Ten great historical leaders who are known as dashveers

they are-
chandragupta maurya
,ashoka
,samudragupt
,vikramaditya
,harshavardhan.
bappa rawal,
prithviraj chauhan
,rana kumbha-rana sanga,
maharana pratap,
shivaji.
thy r in correct sequence 

i am a huge fan of Maharana Pratap , Prithviraj Chauhan , Shivaji and Vikramidtya.....how much i adored them but kanishka was a good king too..i dont know why the magaxine did not mention...may be because he was not actually from Indian Origin...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15

RoseFairy

IF-Dazzler

RoseFairy

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged
but rana kumbha and rana sanga r not same to eksath unke nam q likhe gaye?

tiny15

rinku4u

IF-Dazzler

rinku4u

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:29am | IP Logged
thanks 4 d infoClapClapClapClapClapClap

Ankita_88

IF-Rockerz

Ankita_88

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jhum_86

but rana kumbha and rana sanga r not same to eksath unke nam q likhe gaye?

may be because both of them from rana family....!!!ROFLROFL

Waise can anyone tell me how many wives did rana pratap ahd??as much as i know he had onle one wife...Smilesome history student can confirm it...

tiny15

RoseFairy

IF-Dazzler

RoseFairy

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:31am | IP Logged
i don't knw there is no mention abt dharampal-debpal of bengal..and rajendra chol of chola dynasty they were great rulers and brave warriors....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankita_88tiny15

Ankita_88

IF-Rockerz

Ankita_88

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jhum_86

i don't knw there is no mention abt dharampal-debpal of bengal..and rajendra chol of chola dynasty they were great rulers and brave warriors....

i know in fact that tym vikramsheela vishwavidyalaya in bengal was toooooooo famous....love my bengal...jeeyo jeeyo...LOLand besides rajendra chol, there is not mention about dwitiya pulakeshi too !!!!Confused
Confused

tiny15

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Chandragupta Maurya Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.