Page   of 23
Page 3 Page 23

Sinha18

IF-Dazzler

Sinha18

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 12:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jhum_86

Originally posted by rinku4u

hii dear .... yes CGM's wife's name was  Helen rather one of the wives .. Smile & i think lovestory was famous of " helen of troy" not this helen Smile I am sorry if i am wrong Smile. but i think it isBig smile

is this helen(may be daughter of selukas) was the mother of bindusar???i dont think so.....coz this marriage happened the last period of cgm's rule....can u give me info abt it??

No she was not the mother of bindusaar as i know Smile

Another interesting fact i want to share as you mentioned the name of great Bindusar that bindusar mother died after giving birth to bindusar as she had given poison by some one and to save the future prince of Magadh chanakya ordered to cut the stomach of queen before poison reached to the baby and they did it so bindusaar and he became a great king but some of his minister being jealous from chanakya misguided bindusar to that chankaya was responsible for her mother death and bindusar then ordered to give death sentence to chanakya with out going into the real truth though chanakya ran away and when bindusar came to knoew the real truth , the reason he searched chanakya and asked for his forgiveness but chanakya refused to return to his post again and he took "Sanyas" and became a saint till his deathSmile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rinku4utiny15Badtameez_Dil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "did u know (Page 2)" in Chandragupta Maurya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RoseFairy

IF-Dazzler

RoseFairy

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sinha18

hii dear .... yes CGM's wife's name was  Helen rather one of the wives .. Smile & i think lovestory was famous of " helen of troy" not this helen Smile I am sorry if i am wrong Smile. but i think it isBig smile

is this helen(may be daughter of selukas) was the mother of bindusar???i dont think so.....coz this marriage happened the last period of cgm's rule....can u give me info abt it??

Another interesting fact i want to share as you mentioned the name of great Bindusar that bindusar mother died after giving birth to bindusar as she had given poison by some one and to save the future prince of Magadh chanakya ordered to cut the stomach of queen before poison reached to the baby and they did it so bindusaar and he became a great king but some of his minister being jealous from chanakya misguided bindusar to that chankaya was responsible for her mother death and bindusar then ordered to give death sentence to chanakya with out going into the real truth though chanakya ran away and when bindusar came to knoew the real truth , the reason he searched chanakya and asked for his forgiveness but chanakya refused to return to his post again and he took "Sanyas" and became a saint till his deathSmile

thanks for the info.....

charmyshah001

Groupbie

charmyshah001

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 9:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Sinha18

thanks for the info.....

the guy who gve the poison was chanakya. he wanted to make CGM immune to the poison, but CMG unknowingly fed the food to his queen.

rinku4u

IF-Dazzler

rinku4u

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged

Bindusara was d son of  Durdhara.  i gave info abt it ... SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile bhool gayi?

RoseFairy

IF-Dazzler

RoseFairy

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 10:48am | IP Logged
nahi bhuli yar mai helen k bare me confirm hona chahti thi

rinku4u

IF-Dazzler

rinku4u

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged

she was a greek princessSmile

RoseFairy

IF-Dazzler

RoseFairy

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:10am | IP Logged

she was a greek princessSmile

cgm ke kitne wife the yar??

cjs369

IF-Rockerz

cjs369

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged

Chandragupta Maurya succeeded to the Nanda throne in 321 B.C
Once the Ganges valley was under his control,  Chandragupta moved to the north-west to exploit the power vacuum created by Alexander's departure. The areas of the north-west fell to him rapidly until he reached the Indus. Here he paused for the moment, as the Greek Seleucid dynasty had fortified itself in Persia and was determined to hold the trans Indus region.

305 B.C. saw CGM back in the north-west involved in a campaign against Seleucus Nikator, which Chandragupta finally won in 303 B.C.
The treaty of 303 B.C. also included a marriage between Seleucus's daughter Helen with Chandragupta Maurya.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sss8080tiny15Badtameez_Dil

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Chandragupta Maurya Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.