Chandragupta Maurya

did u know - Page 4

Sinha18 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: rinku4u

We were in BC ... AD mei kaise aagaye?๐Ÿ˜ฒ

ohh๐Ÿ˜ฒ..i seriously forgot it ๐Ÿ˜†BC mein bengalii history ke bare mein knowledge nahi hai isliye socha chalo AD mein hi kuch likhte hai....this is called the effect of half and improper knowledge๐Ÿ˜†....but now i will take care that we r in BC and not in AD๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: rinku4u

toh mai bhi toh half bengali hu๐Ÿ˜†

to karo na discuss....humare sath
shinningstar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: jhum_86

is this helen(may be daughter of selukas) was the mother of bindusar???i dont think so.....coz this marriage happened the last period of cgm's rule....can u give me info abt it??

yes..i had read their story some years back it was among the famous love stories around the world....the name of the book was something like that.

btw. i don't remmeber i guess will hunt out the book. and let you in short . when i read it i too was surprised.

P.S- DID you know even hitler had a love story.

Edited by shinningstar - 13 years ago
Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: shinningstar

yes..i had read their story some years back it was among the famous love stories around the world....the name of the book was something like that.

btw. i don't remmeber i guess will hunt out the book. and let you in short . when i read it i too was surprised.

yes Hitler too ahd a love story.....his Girlfrnd was Eva Brown who attempted suicide with Hitlet when they were hiding them !!! even Nepoleon too had a love story !!!!๐Ÿ˜Š
Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Sinha18

I too respect bengalli's warriors ( i m from Rajasthan) and they contributed a lot in our independence too , the Arm revolution which was first started by bengalii revolutionaries with the name  Jugantar party and who can forget Bagha Jatin and revolutionaries like Surya sen, lives of these bengalii revolutionaries inspired a lot and thereby give rise of the great martyr Shri Chandrashekhar Azad and Bhagat Singh , they led the revolution in North India with the help of Bengalii revolutionaries even their party HSRA was started by them.

So Bengalii people always give a lot of contribution with their courage , there was a time when bengalii people were recognized as born patriots.....but it is true history did not give the much deserved recognition to their great contribution, don't know why๐Ÿ˜•

Guys i know that Bengalis are neglected not only in History but in almost every field...Anyway what i am trying to say....is Shashank that innocent???She eloped Rajyasree without her consent which is against rule...so its inevitable that harshavardhan will attack on him to save his sister !!!!! i guess he is not so tragic hero...may be i am wrong....i have very less knowledge about history ....anyone of you can tell me about the real story i guess...
rinku4u thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shinningstar

๐Ÿ˜Š
yes ... i guess She was His cousin ... name may be Eva
๐Ÿ˜Š
Sinha18 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ankita_88

Guys i know that Bengalis are neglected not only in History but in almost every field...Anyway what i am trying to say....is Shashank that innocent???She eloped Rajyasree without her consent which is against rule...so its inevitable that harshavardhan will attack on him to save his sister !!!!! i guess he is not so tragic hero...may be i am wrong....i have very less knowledge about history ....anyone of you can tell me about the real story i guess...

I too don't know but one thing i am sure that Harshvardhan was a very very noble character , he was a true patriot and he never did any wrong deed in his life as he has devoted himself completely to the nation , and he punished shashanka for his wrong doings

This is what i found in wikipedia:

Sasanka, king of Gauda in Eastern Bengal, entered Magadha as a friend of Rajyavardhana, but in secret alliance with the Malwa king. Accordingly, Sasanka treacherously murdered Rajyavardhana(Brother of Harshavardhana).... so he  betrayed Rajyawardhan in the name of friendship, ...his character seems like that of Mansingh of Rajasthan who was a great warrior too but betrays Maharana Pratap๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ...........this is what i conclude , i may be wrongEdited by Sinha18 - 13 years ago
Sinha18 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ankita_88

@pink:

But one thing is true that they rule the world of literature and they will rule forever in future
too......Art and literature is in their blood ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Sinha18 - 13 years ago
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: Sinha18

I too don't know but one thing i am sure that Harshvardhan was a very very noble character , he was a true patriot and he never did any wrong deed in his life as he has devoted himself completely to the nation , and he punished shashanka for his wrong doings

This is what i found in wikipedia:

Sasanka, king of Gauda in Eastern Bengal, entered Magadha as a friend of Rajyavardhana, but in secret alliance with the Malwa king. Accordingly, Sasanka treacherously murdered Rajyavardhana(Brother of Harshavardhana).... so he  betrayed Rajyawardhan in the name of friendship, ...his character seems like that of Mansingh of Rajasthan who was a great warrior too but betrays Maharana Pratap๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ...........this is what i conclude , i may be wrong

i never said shashanka was innocent and harshwardhan was wrong....yes harshwardhan's brother rajyawardhan was killed by shashanka but it was not betrayal..rajyavardhan did suicide to keep some promise in the presence of shashanka ..friends i am not saying you people are wrong but what people mostly knows abt shashanka is from banbhatta's harshcharit so banbhatta had to be bioused.as he was a poet from harsha's court ..and shashanka never eloped rajyasree..rajyasree's husband was killed by malwa king debbarma when shashanka was way to kanauj...debbarma imprisoned rajyasree....after debbarma's murder in hand of rajyabardhan shashanka freed rajyasree..he didn't have any wrong intention for her..rajyasree left kanauj as she considered shashanka murderer of her husband grahabarman..harsha found rajyasree from bindhyachal....far from shashanka's kingdom..that proves shashanka didn't elope her..harsha attacked shashanka to get revenge of rajyabardhan's death as shashanka was truely responsible for that.and shashanka had to retreat from kanauj .but friends there is no evidence of harsha defeating shashanka...harsha couldn't enter into bengal before shashanka's death...so there is no question of shashanka being punished by harsha..friends history never tells any black and white story..both shashanka and harsh wanted toget control all over north india and they were competitor to each other...harsha was a noble king that doesn't mean shashanka was mean..so friends don't be bious...history has always misinterpreted shashanka..and his bravery was neglected...i have read many books on him..and i know how wrongly he was condemned by his contemporary writer banbhatta and huen sung ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ..he was not totally innocent but yes he was a tragic hero...he gave an identity to bengal..but bengali forgot him

Edited by jhum_86 - 13 years ago
Sinha18 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: jhum_86

i never said shashanka was innocent and harshwardhan was wrong....yes harshwardhan's brother rajyawardhan was killed by shashanka but it was not betrayal..rajyavardhan did suicide to keep some promise in the presence of shashanka ..friends i am not saying you people are wrong but what people mostly knows abt shashanka is from banbhatta's harshcharit so banbhatta had to be bioused.as he was a poet from harsha's court ..and shashanka never eloped rajyasree..rajyasree's husband was killed by malwa king debbarma when shashanka was way to kanauj...debbarma imprisoned rajyasree....after debbarma's murder in hand of rajyabardhan shashanka freed rajyasree..he didn't have any wrong intention for her..rajyasree left kanauj as she considered shashanka murderer of her husband grahabarman..harsha found rajyasree from bindhyachal....far from shashanka's kingdom..that proves shashanka didn't elope her..harsha attacked shashanka to get revenge of rajyabardhan's death as shashanka was truely responsible for that.and shashanka had to retreat from kanauj .but friends there is no evidence of harsha defeating shashanka...harsha couldn't enter into bengal before shashanka's death...so there is no question of shashanka being punished by harsha..friends history never tells any black and white story..both shashanka and harsh wanted toget control all over north india and they were competitor to each other...harsha was a noble king that doesn't mean shashanka was mean..so friends don't be bious...history has always misinterpreted shashanka..and his bravery was neglected...i have read many books on him..and i know how wrongly he was condemned by his contemporary writer banbhatta and huen sung ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ..he was not totally innocent but yes he was a tragic hero...he gave an identity to bengal..but bengali forgot him

Thanks for the info dear , i was unaware of the true fact because even in schools books are misguiding the students , so now from where one can get knowledge ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ thanks to internet through which we can connected by people from all over the world and thereby we can get to know about the truth as it happened today with me๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you very very much, it will really enrich my knowledge ๐Ÿ˜Š and it is very sad that even today true facts are hidden and people like me are misguided by syllabus books which i read in school time and wikipedia ๐Ÿ˜•.....so now i got a glimpse of truth about great shashank๐Ÿ˜Š