Book Talk

|| BBC's Pride and Prejudice Corner || (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 9

Page 1 Page 8
Page   of 9

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 November 2011 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelirebelli

I am in complete agreement with your view on PnP 2005.. it sucked big time.. Mathew Macfayden?!!?  what were they thinking... >sigh< 

Colin Firth has cast such a long shadow with his portrayal of Darcy that measuring up would be almost impossible nee impossible.. 

There wasn't one scene I liked in the movie.. it didn't show class, sophistication et al.. seemed to me they made it for the heck of making it.. I hated the last scene by the lake/fountain.. that was utter crapp...they took too many liberties with the screenplay and the locations were so shabby...I could go on but. .. i hope you get the picture...I was massively disappointed in it...

Yeah, I know, exactly! I don't mean to criticize an adaptation of P&P, since I love the story so much, but the 2005 movie made such a mockery of the story that my blood was boiling while I watching, lol! My AP English teacher in high school hated it too. She threatened to fail anyone who watched it.LOL

Did you watch any other adaptations?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelirebelli

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| BBC's Pride and Prejudice Corner || (Page 9)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Originally posted by angelirebelli

I am in complete agreement with your view on PnP 2005.. it sucked big time.. Mathew Macfayden?!!?  what were they thinking... >sigh< 

Colin Firth has cast such a long shadow with his portrayal of Darcy that measuring up would be almost impossible nee impossible.. 

There wasn't one scene I liked in the movie.. it didn't show class, sophistication et al.. seemed to me they made it for the heck of making it.. I hated the last scene by the lake/fountain.. that was utter crapp...they took too many liberties with the screenplay and the locations were so shabby...I could go on but. .. i hope you get the picture...I was massively disappointed in it...

Yeah, I know, exactly! I don't mean to criticize an adaptation of P&P, since I love the story so much, but the 2005 movie made such a mockery of the story that my blood was boiling while I watching, lol! My AP English teacher in high school hated it too. She threatened to fail anyone who watched it.LOL

Did you watch any other adaptations?

I did .. the 1980 version with Elizabeth Garvie n David Rintoul...it was a good adaptation...but my fav still has to be PnP 1995...

..RamKiJanaki..

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 20 November 2011 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Oh wow!! Thanks so much for all the pics, Lily! What a treat!!

I haven't read the book but BBC's mini-series surely made me a fan. Fantastic series. Lizzie and Mr. Darcy.. sigh.. so awesome. Embarrassed Though it's a very sad scene, I still love it when Lizzie refuses him. The lines, the expressions were flawless. Both the actors are fantastic! Also love the lake scene and towards the end when Lizzie finally accepts his proposal. 

And you gotta love Lizzie's father, "Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do" LOLLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

angelirebellilola610..RamKiJanaki..

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 23 November 2011 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
@ Janu - thanks for liking and using the sigs hun, really happy you thought they turned out good Blushing I've skimmed the book but as you know I'm not good at reading classics for pleasure, more into contemporary and even more into nonfiction... but when I do give it a proper read I'll let you know. Anyway this series was long enough and seemed authentic enough that I couldn't have missed much ;)

@ Mahi ve - youuu Shocked thought you disappeared on us again, so glad you didn't! now that Janu got me into this series I have a brand new appreciation for the sigs and avis you had made on it way back, they were brilliant... and love the line you quoted as well as everything else Mr. Bennet says, his sarcasm is pure gold LOL

..RamKiJanaki..

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 27 November 2011 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

@ Mahi ve - youuu Shocked thought you disappeared on us again, so glad you didn't! now that Janu got me into this series I have a brand new appreciation for the sigs and avis you had made on it way back, they were brilliant... and love the line you quoted as well as everything else Mr. Bennet says, his sarcasm is pure gold LOL

I had kind of disappeared, Lols, due to tons of work that demanded my attention but had to be here too :) Aww. thanks Embarrassed Actually it was Lily and the avis she asked me to make that got me into this too. And I loved watching the series.  Ahh yes, Mr. Bennet, as much as Mrs. Bennet got on my nerves, Mr. Bennet's responses were just aweesome LOL

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 3:37pm | IP Logged
Hey Guys,

Good news! I got the P&P DVD recently, so I can finally take pic updates at my leisure!Dancing Will try to post something new really some, maybe the scene at Lambton when Lizzie receives news about Lydia's elopement and Darcy comforts her...or attempts to.LOL

-Mystery-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top