Book Talk

|| BBC's Pride and Prejudice Corner || (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 9

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 9
Page 5 Page 9

missy6892

Goldie

missy6892

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 10 April 2011 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Fine eyes indeed :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| BBC's Pride and Prejudice Corner || (Page 4)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 10 April 2011 at 7:24am | IP Logged
Classics, all of these! Thanks so much for sharing these picture, Janaki. Approve

You know, way back in the last summer break I had - I was watching the series for the first time and dint get the part wherein Darcy jumps into the lake thing in his estate. But the scenes that follow are my favorites. And the bit in which Elizabeth receives a letter from Jane, getting informed bout Lydia's elopement - uh, I kind of adore that. 

Wonder why some parts of the episodes are missing in YM! Ermm

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 April 2011 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Kanky-

Classics, all of these! Thanks so much for sharing these picture, Janaki. Approve

You know, way back in the last summer break I had - I was watching the series for the first time and dint get the part wherein Darcy jumps into the lake thing in his estate. But the scenes that follow are my favorites. And the bit in which Elizabeth receives a letter from Jane, getting informed bout Lydia's elopement - uh, I kind of adore that. 

Wonder why some parts of the episodes are missing in YM! Ermm

Yeah, the part where Darcy jumps into the lake was the only scene in the entire series that wasn't in the book, but it wasn't that far-fetched and I can imagine the real Mr. Darcy doing that to relieve his feelings, so I guess it made sense.

And yeah, the part where Lizzie receives the letter from Jane and Darcy comforts her....it is exactly how I imagined the scene when reading the book.Day Dreaming God, everything about the BBC series was just so perfect, I can never imagine a more faithful adaptation to Jane Austen's most beloved novel.Day Dreaming

Really? YM doesn't have the full episodes? That really sucks.Ouch Oh well, there are sites out there that have the whole movie since it was taken way back in 1995, so it doesn't matter so much.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 10 April 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Hey, can you please PM me the links to those sites? I am dying to watch the whole thing again, and I can't punch a whole through my pocket buying the DVDs. Ouch

The series is kind of perfect. I am not typical as far as romances are concerned, I am like the no nonsense kid - but this whole thing gives me five good soothing minutes. I am left with an intolerably enchanting feeling for the rest of the day.

I find myself reading bits of the book and searching YT for the same scenes from this series when I am the cheesy kind of low. What's your favorite bit? I think the first proposal stands totally out, it's a classic! 

Edited by -Kanky- - 10 April 2011 at 11:18am

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 April 2011 at 7:16pm | IP Logged

Hey, can you please PM me the links to those sites? I am dying to watch the whole thing again, and I can't punch a whole through my pocket buying the DVDs. Ouch

The series is kind of perfect. I am not typical as far as romances are concerned, I am like the no nonsense kid - but this whole thing gives me five good soothing minutes. I am left with an intolerably enchanting feeling for the rest of the day.

I find myself reading bits of the book and searching YT for the same scenes from this series when I am the cheesy kind of low. What's your favorite bit? I think the first proposal stands totally out, it's a classic! 

I'll def look some up and PM you....you can also check youtube for different uploaders, because my sis and I once watched all of P&P on youtube and the entire series was there. It's a pretty old series, so I'm sure many people uploaded it since it's an all time fav.

I know what you mean, the romance in P&P is not the girly, everday cliche kind. It's really unique and subtle, and the characters are so natural too. You can really connect and relate with them, esp Lizzie and Jane. And of course, no other Jane Austen hero is as desperately desired for as Mr. Darcy. He's truly one of a kind.Smile I read other Jane Austen books, and my fav after P&P is Mansfield Park....the plot's really interesting and the characters really vivd too, but even Edmund Bertram, the sweet and innocent hero of Mansfield Park, isn't as sought-after as Mr. Darcy.

You should def finish the book if you find the time. It really helps you understand the series better, and the series in turn helps you understand the book better. My High School AP English teacher made us read the book and see this series side-by-side, and it really helped a lot.

Yeah, the first proposal is def one of a kind, I can never stop laughing at poor Mr. Darcy in that scene.ROFL God, if a guy ever proposed to me like that, I'd slap him across the face, but Mr. Darcy...we just have to sympathize with him.Wink My favorite scene is the one where Darcy sees Lizzie at Pemberley and shows his true personality to her. Lizzie first realizes her feelings for him there, and the whole scene is really sweet and makes us wish for a guy like Mr. Darcy in our own lives.Day Dreaming

epiphany.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 April 2011 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Btw guys, here are some P&P creations I made....they're free for use!

the image

the image

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 10 April 2011 at 7:18pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nanditasinghepiphany.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Here is a request Sano made me today....isn't it gorgeous?Day Dreaming It's free for use, so if anyone wants to use it, go ahead!Thumbs Up

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nanditasinghepiphany.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 12 April 2011 at 11:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

I'll def look some up and PM you....you can also check youtube for different uploaders, because my sis and I once watched all of P&P on youtube and the entire series was there. It's a pretty old series, so I'm sure many people uploaded it since it's an all time fav.

I know what you mean, the romance in P&P is not the girly, everday cliche kind. It's really unique and subtle, and the characters are so natural too. You can really connect and relate with them, esp Lizzie and Jane. And of course, no other Jane Austen hero is as desperately desired for as Mr. Darcy. He's truly one of a kind.Smile I read other Jane Austen books, and my fav after P&P is Mansfield Park....the plot's really interesting and the characters really vivd too, but even Edmund Bertram, the sweet and innocent hero of Mansfield Park, isn't as sought-after as Mr. Darcy.

You should def finish the book if you find the time. It really helps you understand the series better, and the series in turn helps you understand the book better. My High School AP English teacher made us read the book and see this series side-by-side, and it really helped a lot.

Yeah, the first proposal is def one of a kind, I can never stop laughing at poor Mr. Darcy in that scene.ROFL God, if a guy ever proposed to me like that, I'd slap him across the face, but Mr. Darcy...we just have to sympathize with him.Wink My favorite scene is the one where Darcy sees Lizzie at Pemberley and shows his true personality to her. Lizzie first realizes her feelings for him there, and the whole scene is really sweet and makes us wish for a guy like Mr. Darcy in our own lives.Day Dreaming

Even I watched the entire series on YT. But some scenes are really missing, some parts went gayab out of nowhere. And hey, I have read the whole novel bout four times. I am a maniac, like a P & P maniac. I keep reading my fave bits every now and then. 

The first proposal is heavy, love. I dun laugh, I am busy calculating the magnitude of passion that the scene showcases. Mr. Darcy is hopeless and uh, if somebody proposes to me like that - I would punch him in the chest and even if I dun like him, I would still ask me to give me some time off to think. This man isn't pampering, his endeavor is written allover his face - I like Darcy. I like him way too much. The scene in which he pens down the letter to Elizabeth is also extremely powerful. 

Wish Mister Darcy was in our lives? Naw, real men dun stand a chance to be anybody like him. And why would I be crazy bout the novel, anyway if I have such men rounc me, you know? Fictional fiction is always good, it shouldn't get real. Uh! 

I have read half of Emma and the first chapter of Sense and Sensibilities. The latter is very slow, and the former I am going to finish soon. 

Edited by -Kanky- - 12 April 2011 at 11:52am

..RamKiJanaki..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top