Debate Mansion

Women safety in India

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sarab

sarab

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 12:51am | IP Logged

Women is not safe in any place. She is not allowed to go out after sunset.

Murders due to dowry, eve-teasing, rapes, are increasing day by day. Is only man are responsible for it or it is the influence of western culture. Whether Vulgar scenes in Movies, ads, songs are the reasons for these risings. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Women safety in India" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anniegupta_

Goldie

anniegupta_

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Well yeah... women are getting more in danger everyday, but I stand to disagree that all this is because of men. I know men should control themselves and where their eyes are roaming but if a women walks up half naked what is the person looking suppose to do. Whether the person looking be man or woman, they are gonna look, and if it is took in the wrong way then they persons thinking is messed up.

And as for in India, the influence of western culture causing all this, I really doubt it. Atleast here, I'm able to walk around without being stared at. Wen I visited India, people would stare at me frum top to bottom till I was tottaly out of sight as if they hadn't seen a female before!

sarab

sarab

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Actually who is responsible for these ill-happenings?

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anniegupta_

Well yeah... women are getting more in danger everyday, but I stand to disagree that all this is because of men. I know men should control themselves and where their eyes are roaming but if a women walks up half naked what is the person looking suppose to do. Whether the person looking be man or woman, they are gonna look, and if it is took in the wrong way then they persons thinking is messed up.

And as for in India, the influence of western culture causing all this, I really doubt it. Atleast here, I'm able to walk around without being stared at. Wen I visited India, people would stare at me frum top to bottom till I was tottaly out of sight as if they hadn't seen a female before!

AnnieGupta , although men are going to look if a woman dresses provocatively . Fine !! It gives no man the reason to grab her and maul/ rape / attack her . He/Man has no business in blaming his shortcoming on the way women are dressed . If he can't keep his pants zipped up..........he can't blame a woman for it !! Rape happen , whether its to a woman dressed in salwar kameez or short skirt . Often rape happens by a man familiar to the woman .

Sarab- your question as to who is responsible for it is ALWAYS THE PERPETRATOR OF THE CRIME ...........THE RAPIST . Its the most sick , repulsive and disgusting thing to blame a woman for her own rape !!!!

Edited by Aparna_BD - 30 December 2005 at 8:06am

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 8:10am | IP Logged
I totally agree with aparna. Men are responsible for dowry, rape, eve-teasing. As i said in some other thread, you cannot blame someone else for your behaviour. Blaming western culture is just easy way to get out of your guilt. Your culture and your instict should be powerful enough to lead you to your decision or raping or not raping someone.

Men are responsible for thier beast like behaviour and their sick mind.

rebelqueen

rebelqueen

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 8:44am | IP Logged
yeah...i agree with most of u here.....
i think it wud b crazy 2 blame a woman 4 her own rape....
besides i think,the security measures taken r not enuf....no proper punishments so men feel more @ liberty 2 do as they like....sooo something more needs 2 me done on that front

Post Reply New Post

Go to top