Members Lounge

Salutes to Shaheed Bhagat Singh--Lest We Forget

sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Today in early hours of Twilight a great Indian revolutionary was martyred by then British govt in Lahore jail in Undivided India in year 1931 
He was accompanied by two other  Freedom fighters Rajguru and Sukhdev

His Diary says..

" My  strength is the strength of

oppressed , my courage is the courage of desperation "

Kureh Khak hai Gardish main Tapash sai Meri

Main Voh majnu hun Jo Jindan main Bhee Azad Raha

(my being has  heated every single particle of dust....such is my fervor that i am free even in chains)

He Remains a symbol to youth of today
His vision even at Time of his death was as vast as horizon

People magazine wrote..

Bhagat Singh is not only one more martyr, for thousands
to-day he is The Martyr

The hangings on 23rd March, 1931 were so splendidly fitted with the innermost desires of Sardar Bhagat Singh that we can not but admire the strategy by which he was able to score over the Government even in the matter of his death.

The subsequent events also fully justified the keen political judgment of the Bhagat Singh

In a last letter to his younger brother Kultar Singh, whom he dearly loved, he wrote

" In the light of dawn, who can withstand destiny ? What harm even if the whole world stands against us ? ...Dear friends, the days of my life have? come to an end.

Like a flame of candle in the morning, I disappear before the light of the dawn. Our faith and our ideas will stir the whole world like a .spark of lightning. What harm, if this handful of dust is destroyed !"

From the moment of his arrest till the twilight on the evening of 23rd March, when Bhagat Singh stepped out of his cell to commence his glorious and final journey,there was not a moment in his life when any gloomy thought ever entered into his mind.

When pressed by his relatives and even Government Officials to submit a petition for mercy, Bhagat Singh not only refused to do anything of the sort but in a dignified letter to the Local Government, maintained that he was a revolutionary soldier fighting for the emancipation of his country,

(The infamous pen used to write death sentence of 3 Martyrs)

He wrote "If the Government thought that a truce had been effected between itself and the people of India,then it is legitimate that the soldiers of freedom should be set free. But if it thought that the state of war continued, then they may easily kill us."

His only request was that instead of being hang­ed, they might be shot dead by a squad of soldiers, as was only befitting Soldiers of war.

As Pt. Jawahar Lal so beautifully ex­pressed

".........But there will also be pride in him who is no more. And when England speaks to us and talks of settle­ment, there will be the corpse of Bhagat Singh between us, lest we forget, lest we forget !"

Today Lets remember Him ,as Today we need his teachings the most,The nation which he fought for ,people he fought for still need his fervor.
Lets take this pledge to  Make the world a better place for everyone

Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev were cremated in secret at Hari ke Pattan on Sangam of River satluej and beas ,their half burnt bodies were emersed into Satluej.Thus Bharat Ma's devoted sons returned back to her..forever..

A Remembrance posted by

Edited by sami01 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@sami...great post ....πŸ‘

wat a grand tribute to shaheed bhagat singh..

he was one of the most prominent faces of indian freedom struggle..he was a revolutionary ahead of his times..

Bhagat singh  the epitome of heroism was a revolutionist and well known for his  admiration for martyrdom....

he truly deserves salutes for his fight for freedom.

thank you  so much for this inspirational  post ...

Edited by savee_k - 13 years ago
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks a lottttt...for making this wonderful post for this great man BHAGAT SINGH πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
i adore this man πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
his life is so inspiring πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
i hv watched the movie The Legend of BHAGAT Singh atleast 10 time 😊
a very well made and inspiring movie β­οΈπŸ‘
he is an IDOL for all the youths πŸ‘β­οΈ
just at the age of 23 this man sacrificed his life for our mother land India πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
i salute this man from the bottom of my heart πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
JAI HIND !!πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by sita11 - 13 years ago
Mini17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wat a tribute to these 3 great warriors......
I hav watched 'THE LEGEND OF BHAGATH SINGH' movie so many times n tears roll frm my eyes every time😭
Its a pity dat still so many people don knw dat dey were hanged on this dayπŸ˜”
I SALUTE Bhagath Singh, Rajguru and SukhdevπŸ‘
JAI HIND
Edited by padminir - 13 years ago
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Very beautiful Post Sammy !!πŸ‘

Indeed out freedom fighters  will always be saluted !! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Bhagat Singh one of the greatest person who stood to fight for our country !
pari_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sami.... Great post... Very inspiringπŸ‘

Indeed he is not only one more martyr, for thousands to-day he is THE martyr....
My salute goes to the man who willingly sacrificed not only his life but also his youth, and thought of his nation before himself at such a young age when life had only started... My salute to the man who taught us not only how to live, but how to die for our mother Earth, and willingly give away our lives if our Earth asks us to... My salute to the one, who will be remembered by the centuries to come as the selfless soul, who never bowed down both in his life and after his death to those who tried to enslave India and remained free even in chains....
VANDE MATARAM!
JAI HIND!
-.Shriya.- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thnxx 4 lovely posttt i never knw k aaj bhagat singhs dayy πŸ˜›
thnx to bhagat singh who contrubute himself 4 INDIA 😊
--Saavi-- thumbnail

Thank u for starting the post

Salute to them and all those unsung Heroes who sacrificed their lives for our Country
Jai Hind...................
Mehek25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by Sami

Originally posted by Padminir

Wat a tribute to these 3 great warriors......
I hav watched 'THE LEGEND OF BHAGATH SINGH' movie so many times n tears roll frm my eyes every time😭
Its a pity dat still so many people don knw dat dey were hanged on this dayπŸ˜”
I SALUTE Bhagath Singh, Rajguru and SukhdevπŸ‘
JAI HIND

Like u I too have cried every time I have watched the movie....

Sami that was a beautiful post.....this is a great reminder to all us Indians how we got our freedom....after reading this i am sure all Indians on IF wherever they may be will be proud to call themselves Indians......I only regret that the freedom we got at the expense of so many lives has not been cherished over the decades.....it is now upto the youth of today to see that the freedom is cherished....."badalte desh ki badalti nishaniyan dekhni hum hume"

JAI HIND

danno thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
very beautiful postt
dear
inquallab jindabaad