Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sarab

sarab

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 12:29am | IP Logged

Do you prefer to have Love marriage or arrange marriage? & why?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Love marriage Vs Arrange marriage" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anniegupta_

Goldie

anniegupta_

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:08am | IP Logged
I'd say a combinaiton of both. I have told my parents that yes they are free to look for a suitable guy for me, but on some conditions: I am free to reject any I don't like, and if there is any of little interest I will date the guy for atleast 1 1/2 year until even thought of marriage, so I get to know how the person is reli like, not just the first impression he makes.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Heart

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:14am | IP Logged
i wud have to go with love with ur parent's approval. i know it sounds like a combination of the two but it isn't really. u meet a guy, u like him and u wanna marry him so u ask ur parents for their approval, not the other way around where they chose a guy and ask u for ur approval. i believe if i was to choose a guy i wud find one who i am compatible with and who understands me and my thoughts and my parents cudn't find someone fits my criteria as well as i can. but yes i definitely believe in the permission thing because no guy is worth leaving ur parents for or making them mad unless he is John Abraham and then all bets r off. Big smile

sarab

sarab

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Going against parents are not right. They have worked hard to grown up you, always fullfill your all demands. when your turns come to give them something, you argue with them. I am not saying to leave your love for your parents. But firstly compare the two sides & then decide.
Its upto you only to have a right decision at right time.

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:24am | IP Logged
I wud go for a love marriage with the approval of my parents... Smile Smile Smile a love marriaged which has to b arranged Tongue

anniegupta_

Goldie

anniegupta_

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:35am | IP Logged
yeah... well i have gaven my parents permission to look out for a guy for me, but they also know that I myself will be looking and they will have to accept my choice or make me understand otherwise. So love with parents approval, and approval with love... its all good. Wink

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Huh! I think this topic has been discussed here before. But again, I would prefer to have a love marriage followed as an arrange marriage (after parent's approval). What I ended with plz don't ask. Wink

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 7:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarab

Going against parents are not right. They have worked hard to grown up you, always fullfill your all demands. when your turns come to give them something, you argue with them. I am not saying to leave your love for your parents. But firstly compare the two sides & then decide.
Its upto you only to have a right decision at right time.

Yes this topic has been discussed before . But as long as every one doesn't mind discussing it again its fine. Smile

Well like i said before i had love marriage ...........but my parents approved !!

As for Sarab, like i said before ...........when you are old enought to marry and mature enough to choose . Older we get , we'll realise PARENTS MAKE MISTAKES TOO Shocked!!!!!!!!  They aren't godShocked.........Although you often thought they were LOL !!! So if you think you are right , and they are possibly wrong . Its possible you are correct !! LOLLOL Go ahead and make a decison on the important aspect of your life . Come on , stop being Daddy's girls and Mama's boys !! If they don't agree , try and make them understand . !! If they still don't understand do as you feel is right !!STATUTORY WARNING : This advice is if for kids over the 18 only !!LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top