Page 6 of 8

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 8
Page 7 Page 8

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 07 February 2005 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Well, What can I say!! I have been on this IF for some time now, but todays the first time, i took the time out to see what all this site contains.  Sure, I have checked a few forums but realised only today what this site is all about.

Like others, I came across this site thru google.. everyone's life saver. 

I was in a rough patch in my life and well....... having nothing to look forward to, just got onto google and out of lack of anything better to search of, searched for jassi and landed up here.  read a bit, looked a bit, felt a lil hesitant to join becos everyone seemed very young, in school and i thought i would not fit in.  thought i would be too old for the forum and went on.  But something about the forum caught my eye and I suddenly realised i was coming back for more.  

Time went on and one day, i said, why not join the forum, after all, not everyone needs to contribute, it would be nice to be a part of this big group and I just got hooked. 
I must say thanks to all on this forum, it has helped to heal my wounds,  I dont hurt so much these days becos everytime I would think of my past, i would just log in and participate in the discussions and slowly, as time passed, i have outgrown my hurt, I have healed myself and lifes looking a lot better.

Thanks Vijay for the wonderful site that you have put and for the wonderful community that you have built here.  Its the best.  I have been reading on the Valentine Forum that Jazmine has posted and its very cute.  All the best to IF.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My Journey with India Forums (Page 6)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

BHAVNA SINGH

BHAVNA SINGH

Posted: 07 February 2005 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
great story kanchi.by the way i am bhavna singh kewal from usa and i am a nepali tooooooooo,unfourtunatly i really dont know how to talk in nepali.

nulz

nulz

Posted: 10 February 2005 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
hey i landed up here through google as well..Smile

mere_pyaar

Goldie

mere_pyaar

Posted: 13 February 2005 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
i was trying to get some info on kth..thats when i landed up here through google...for a long time i was a silent reader actually i was a bit nervous to start posting...but i soon found out that all members are really friendly. so i took the courage to join and express my views in the forums.

kripawgr

Goldie

kripawgr

Posted: 26 February 2005 at 2:57pm | IP Logged

i went to google to get some info on KTH and i found iF

i was amazed by the site ..

i joined in and eversince i love to be on INDIAFORUMS

GREAT FRIENDS , GREAT INFO

WHEREELSE WILL I GET

jazmine

IF-Dazzler

jazmine

Posted: 12 March 2005 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Thanks greatmaratha for the compliment. I found I-F when i was on setindia.com message boards and someone posted the site of I-F there so I thought why dont I take a little visit there to check out KDMH forum n when I realized there was a KTH one i WAS WHOPPING MAD!! I never posted an Intro of my self in the New member section coz I didnt know abt it until Megha told.She was the the first person I pmed n talked with from I-F n first friend here.

alien_visitor

alien_visitor

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 4:44am | IP Logged

Anyone can post here right???

Well one fine day I received a friendship band from Jassi saying 'I love Jassi' from setindia, and I happily posted a message there and asked whoever got that? No reply...

I had infact thought i would be sent a picture of Armaan and Jassi together, so hit google for picture of Armaan Suri, bas, paunchgai yahan...And have been logging on three times daily. End of story.

Rumi

Goldie

Rumi

Posted: 02 April 2005 at 7:48am | IP Logged

I was never a regular watcher of TV serials! Being a lecturer I am an out- and out academic person. . I occasionally used to watch some good programmes in TV. As Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin was not like other melodramatic serials I started watching it. There was something special in it, which attracted me towards it. It was the story of an ugly girl who does not care about her outer beauty and who is trying to win everybody's heart with her beautiful personality and intelligence. This story seemed to me to be strikingly different from the other saas-bahu stories showing same female stereotypes imposed by the society.  Somewhere in Jassi I identified myself, a working girl always trying to establish herself in the male-dominated society on the basis of her intelligence and never on the basis of outer beauty (I hate women to utilize physical beauty to establish themselves and hope that women should use their intelligence in the way as men do! I have watched everywhere, either in cinemas or in serials or in advertisements, women are either shown as housewives, or they are shown working as models or airhostesses or any thing in which they will depend mainly upon their physical beauties and they are seldom shown in such positions which require intelligence and brilliance like those occupied by men .I always feel that this is a re-imposition of domination of society upon women in this modern age. ) . Jassi was the girl who was intelligent, brilliant and was tryiing to establish herself in the male-dominated outer world in a very manly ( not womanly) way. That attracted me. At that time I had not even heard the name of Betty La Fea. I watched only JJKN and was very happy with it. I had not heard the name of India-forums then.

When Purab came in the story and the story was being streached and I was losing interest in it slowly. At this point of time I read an article and came to know that the original story on which it is based is Betty La Fea and Purab was nowhere there. I started searching for the information about BLF and I got it. I downloaded the entire script and in these days I also came in touch with India-Forums through Google.

These days were wonderful .I was reading the story blf madly. I forgot my daily routine. The research work that I was doing was hampered for this. But I didn't care. I went on and on. I was amazed; I was gradually falling in love with the wonderful story. I was also dying to share my experiences with some people. Most of the sites discussing about jjkn/blf were not satisfactory. I found no interest in registering myself there. India-Forums was such a place where I found people with whom I can share my feelings and continue some discussions about it. So I became a member. I found people coming from almost every part of the world and discussions are really wonderful. I feel proud to be a member of such a forum. Here I got some very close friends. There is one person whose name I must mention; she is Daisy. I am extremely grateful to IF for being that place where I met Daisy, my dearest Friend. I think IF is extremely balanced forum. Here moderators do wonderful job to check each and every message. It is the place where nobody can use dirty language and healthy discussions continue in free and smooth way. Here I found some extremely fun-loving people without whom I just cannot live now, (QB and JP!!).Recently as Daisy has left the forum for her studies, QB and me have been assigned to write updates, I don't know whether I will be able to maintain the standard of the updates( I know, QB is a wonderful writer and very popular personality in this forum, but what about me?), as all the past updaters were really terrific in their jobs. But I will try my best. Lastly I want to thank a person whom I never talked personally but always felt a strange kind of closeness towards him. I always considered him as my brother, a boy-next-door. He is Vijay. I feel like that as he lives in my city, Kolkata. I always felt proud thinking that a man of my own Kolkata has created such a wonderful forum! Thank You Vijay!

This was what I wanted to say.

I am extremely sorry for such a long message. Thank you for tolerating me for such a long time.I love you India-Forums!!!!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed!!!

Edited by Rumi - 15 April 2005 at 12:30pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top