India-Forums

Pratigya
Pratigya

Adarsh - 180 degrees about turn?

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 4:21pm | IP Logged

Maybe it's just me, but I find this complete change in Adarsh to be a bit unbelievable. I find it hard to believe that anyone can change so much so soon.

In Psychiatry, there's a phenomena called Splitting, where you tend to think of people as either wholly good (God-like) or wholly bad (like the devil)... there's usually no in-between. Now, such kind of people are very rare in real life, everyones has aspects of good and bad in them... but I've noticed that the TV World, particularly these daily soaps, utilize this a lot. Eg. The epitome of perfectness the Saxenas, and the depths of evil the Thakurs.... no ifs, buts and in-betweens.

Back to the point I was making..... Adarsh used to be the epitome of goodness right? The dutiful son, loving brother, a law-abiding citizen, no grey shades. But when he changed, he crossed over COMPLETELY to the other side, now he's corrupt, he takes bribes, eats non-veg (not that I consider it wrong, but he used to think it's very wrong right?), he feels stifled by his law-abiding parents, he doesn't even care that someone's fondling his sister in a public place Dead 

But is it realistically possible to have such a 180 degrees about turn? Fine, he started taking bribes and all, but does that also change your morals, your values or your culture? If you're becoming corrupt, you forget that your sister's honor is important? Your parent's respect is important, your traditions (like eating only veg food) become zero?

I've seen character transformations like these in other serials as well. Usually some extremely positive character is suddenly changed into an out-and-out negative one, where not only do they do small bad things, they don't even stop at murder! So, is that how low Adarsh can stoop now?

We saw such a transformation in Arushi too recently, she went from "100% pure and innocent", to "100% evil and witchy"..... then she switched back to "100% pure-of-heart" again.

So again, it might be just me thinking this way, but I don't like such character transformations where the "Splitting" theory is used. I would have liked it if Adarsh was shown partially bad only, like real people are. Why do Telly serials classify people into only good and evil, when in reality everyone is partially grey-shaded?

---Yemi--- IF-Rockerz
---Yemi---
---Yemi---

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
Adarsh hasn't been totally good since the begining........

in one of his earliest scenes, he was shown making some sneaky money deal with someone on the phone then lied to his mum when she inquired..........

then there was the the time he went looking for K at the Adda with a knife

Then the whole Angad thingy........

some could argue that with K & Angad it was him trying to protect his family but still, if you've been brough up with such morals & lawful upbringing you dont go looking for your enemies with weapons that could harm or kill

I always felt Adarsh is a character who has had to supress his own basic nature for the good of the family, and it took the taunts from Jai to trigger that dormant nature

ofcourse being under the influence of bhaang made him loose all inhibition and spill his guts on the restrictions imposed on him by his straight-laced upbringing ... which he's now glad to be free of

lets see what he will say / do after he's sober

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hussainramso

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top