Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Pritam lets go of major projects

ALI_Elly Senior Member
ALI_Elly
ALI_Elly

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 2:55pm | IP Logged

Pritam lets go of major projects

Composer says he's overworked. Lets go of big projects in favour of those on his 'wishlist'

Music composer Pritam is so inundated with offers that he has let go of several big projects. One of them is Kunal Kohli's untitled next starring Shahid Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. Sajid-Wajid have replaced him. 

'Real' reason?

The composer cited date problems but our source feels the real reason he opted out so he could accommodate dates for Sanjay Leela Bhansali, who has always been on his wishlist.

The Bhansali film in question is a Prabhudeva film he's producing which stars Akshay Kumar. He had committed to it a long time back.

However, a source close to the composer claims, "He didn't opt out of Kunal's film because of Bhansali. He opted out because he is seriously over worked. 

With too many films on his plate, he is finding it hard to do justice to all of them. Lack of sleep is affecting his health. And so, he has consciously decided to take up lesser work and give them his all."

Adds the source, "With Kunal, there was a mere verbal commitment. He was doing the film only because Shahid (he composed for Jab We Met and he upcoming Mausam) was very keen on it.

Kohli confirms, "Pritam isn't doing the music for my film. He was over committed and had date issues. So I have got Sajid-Wajid on board now. They have already started working on the tracks."

Other projects Pritam axed
Pritam is also not doing Aarakshan, Joker and Dhamaal 2 which were offered to him.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 3:14pm | IP Logged

I am used to Pritam's bhangra, dance tracks...happy he isn't doing the music for Aarakshan! Though I do really like some of his songs..

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top