Sid: a sponge:Mod's note PG7 - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by CCBM_fan

before sharing my views on dis topic .....i want 2 make lt clear dat I'm not favouring anyone here (be it sid,nivi or viren).......

I want 2 say dat.... as a human .....itz not possible 4 anyone 2 be right everytime.....we all r human so itz inevitable 2 make mistakes......what we should always remember dat we r responsible 4 our actions itself.....whether our actions r r8 or wrong....noone else is responsible 4 outcome of our actions......

so sid made some mistakes....nivi made some mistakes...n viren also made some mistakes in their life.....now  we should leave dem 2 decide .... how will they manage 2 cope up wid their faults.....if someone is suffering itz coz of his/her actions......

n gals.....I always favour healthy disussion in dis forum.....coz we can't agree on each n every issue or topic.....so we should always  respect n enjoy d views shared by a member.....

I also do not post, because I dont feel its worth enough anymore. I speak good about Sid, because I feel, when people try to dig in goodness in a character like Divya, the same people try their best to dig to find fault in Sid in everything and blame Sid. And only one point, he did not support Nivedita. As mush as Nivedita heard on the fight day, Sid also did...he learnt about his father's murder etc etc. Yes, I do agree that he should have done something for Keshav,

But if you look at Sid's sketch, the way he forgave Viren, is it not expected that he will forgive even JW? Sometimes, many things need to be forgotten and forgiven for a broader and better future and peace. Like Nivedita, despite knowing truth of CC and JW was trying to be nice to them. Or Sid, trying to move ahead with Divya, without holding any grudge against DS for fixing him with a girl, whom he did not love.

there are certain qulities which make Sid likeable to me

1. Forgiveness:  he forgave Viren for trying to frame him, and Nivedita for trying to label him "stalker and characterless". he never made an issue

2. Making mistake and seeking apology: he went ahead to apologise to the Sharmas. And as a punishment, and to keep his DS wish, married Divya. Not all guys will do these. Look at Viren only, he kept his anger alive, even abused DS physically by giving him life-threatening medicines.

3.  Dutiful nature: as a son, as a husband.

His weakness is he cannot speak out, but that again is a quality that till now is holding the family. Amid Viren's stalking, if the truth of JW had come out, it would have broken the family into pieces.

@radhat

Liked your response.I wonder when viewes can justify Virens stalking, trying to torture DS etc etc, how come they cannot throw words of appreciation for Sid, when he is not at mistake. Actually, the fear is if Sid is projected nice, it might be a way to romantic moments with Nivi, whcih is so absurd now. Nivedita-Sid is past now.

Nivedita and Viren will unite. But i just cant think of a girl like Divyafor Sid.
Looking at the hatred for Sid in this forum, I feel like sharing some words of Liz Taylor (she passed away some hours back).

"We, as humans, should prove our love outweighs our need to hate, our compassion is more compelling than our need to blame"

This is exactly what Sid's character is: he made a mistake, he openly begged for apology, he was forced into a marriage by his DS's wish, but never asked DS once also, that why DS did that to him? He is always misunderstood by his mother, Nivedita and Divya, but never holds anything against them, exept his good wishes. He bears JW and CC, so that the family does not fall apart. He forgave Viren and tried to be compassionate with his pain. He is trying to find peace and love in an insensitive girl like Divya.

Bani...........A wonderful post for Sid.

And yes i do agree with ur title when its says.........Sid is like a sponge.....who absorbs others pain......n anger.
Its true that there was injustice donw to Sid......but at one time it had been done to Viren....(misunderstanding it might be.....but still).

But i luv the way Sid has been such big-hearted true big brother......i mean he had accepted his life however it may have......with twists n turns.....happiness n sorrows...........n yet he had kept n valaued his family above all.

Its wonderful to see Sid playing a guiding light for Viren......in helping him to understand his own feelings for Nivi............only a true big-brother....n a true friend is capable of such doings.

I'm really touched by his actions in the past few episodes coz earlier then that i thought that he hardly cared for what was going on in Viren n Nivi's life.........but now i realized that he was trying to help them by giving them thier space so that they can work things out.......n when it didnt happen............he stepped forward.

As much as Viren has been appreciated......i also think that Sid shud be........n that will not make him closer to Nivi...(as its what many are afraid of)..........coz i think Sid (apart from the few stupid mistakes).....had been humble n persistent since beginning.

And a very big applause for him .... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

(But i wud rather not say anything about him with Divya (which is one contradicting character.......the less said about her....the more its better).

Originally posted by Omshanti1111

I am wondering what story they tried to start in July and where they landed!πŸ˜†

After 4 months i tried checking on what's going on in what was once my fav serial......n i don't seem to recognize it at all🀒................even i have come to the same conclusion.........the beautiful love story that ccbm began with on 28th June 2010..........is nowhere to be seen...........

Sid n his Putul........Lost forever??? what a shame!!!!
You know I was JUST thinking about this yesterday.

There are wayy too many posts here to go thru and read all of them.

but i agree with those of you who say "What about Sid?" he constantly thinks of other people's happiness. he's never given a proper apology or words of love. it's one thing to be thought of as the "favorite" but quite another to be happy with his own life. being a good son, husband, grandson, nephew...they're all great. but that can be done with the greatest turmoils within. who can HE really talk to? Divya will never understand him. she's too naive. WHO can he really talk to??

maybe now that's he's made peace with his destiny, the only people he can talk to are viren and nivi...but them too he cannot talk to, because it'll cause THEM pain and SID can never do that...so in reality, he has no one to talk to ....except for his mom....but he can't talk to her either...because she'll only cry for his pain and he would not want to give her any pain either.....

he needs a real friend, and one would hope that in your life partner you could find such a friend and find your happiness in that person....

i really hope that they develop a sid-divya track....both deserve their share of happiness.
Originally posted by starz4me

Bani...........A wonderful post for Sid.

And yes i do agree with ur title when its says.........Sid is like a sponge.....who absorbs others pain......n anger.
Its true that there was injustice donw to Sid......but at one time it had been done to Viren....(misunderstanding it might be.....but still).

But i luv the way Sid has been such big-hearted true big brother......i mean he had accepted his life however it may have......with twists n turns.....happiness n sorrows...........n yet he had kept n valaued his family above all.

Its wonderful to see Sid playing a guiding light for Viren......in helping him to understand his own feelings for Nivi............only a true big-brother....n a true friend is capable of such doings.

I'm really touched by his actions in the past few episodes coz earlier then that i thought that he hardly cared for what was going on in Viren n Nivi's life.........but now i realized that he was trying to help them by giving them thier space so that they can work things out.......n when it didnt happen............he stepped forward.

As much as Viren has been appreciated......i also think that Sid shud be........n that will not make him closer to Nivi...(as its what many are afraid of)..........coz i think Sid (apart from the few stupid mistakes).....had been humble n persistent since beginning.

And a very big applause for him .... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

(But i wud rather not say anything about him with Divya (which is one contradicting character.......the less said about her....the more its better).

Thanks for your lovely reply. You know Sonal, when I opened this post, I never tried to find fault with others, but just spoke the truth from Sid's point of view. That everyone has punished him or taken back at Sid, sometime he was at mistake (about Nivedita and Keshav), sometime not (with Viren, CC and JW). Even the mistake he made about Keshav, that particular circumstance was created by CC and JW, and even an experienced person like DS could not keep his faith and misunderstood. But, when both DS and Sid understood, both tried to undo. This undoing is not with the intention that Nivi-Sid reunite (DS went to KS when there was no hope about Sid-Nivi and Sid also bowed down to DS's wish but still tried to apologise to Nivedita and NT dadi, Keshav was missing).
Nivedita blamed Sid for stalking and labelled him "characterless", but never apologised. Viren framed Sid, but never apologised. He just apologised to DS. May be, these days "seeking apology" it out of trend.

Sid deserves a person much better than Divya. I never write in terms of Nivedita-Sid romance, as I care least. They have moved ahead in their life, Nivedita was not forced by anyone to marry Viren, it was her decision,. But in Sid's case, he was literally forced by the family to marry someone against his wish. He could have parted ways with Nivedita, thats ok...but at least down the line, he would have found someone whom he could fall in love.

Sid and Divya are complete mismatches. Divya is no match to Sid's patience. Sid needs a wife, who can understand him just by seeing his face. I am sorry, whatever basic character Divya has, she can never fit into that.
Originally posted by suzi_b

After 4 months i tried checking on what's going on in what was once my fav serial......n i don't seem to recognize it at all🀒................even i have come to the same conclusion.........the beautiful love story that ccbm began with on 28th June 2010..........is nowhere to be seen...........

Sid n his Putul........Lost forever??? what a shame!!!!
actually, a nice love triangle could be sketched with Sid-Nivi-Viren with no negativity. This Divya character needed to be dumped long back.  That would have been worth watching. At the end, it could be Nivi-Viren united, as Viren needs a girl like Nivedita more than Sid.

Its unfortunate that CCBM showed such an example, that people who scheme and plan win, and people who become victims of evil people's schemes, need to adjust and accomodate. whatever is being shown about Divya, HL, CC and JW are forced incorporations. All of a sudden, Divya turns magically self-less, CC and HL turned full villains, after experimenting the same with DS....

People in these days do not like "soft love stories", or it could be the creatives could not make it appealing. These days, when songs like "Munni badnaam and Zandu balm.." become hits in place of soft romantic tunes, one can imagine what audiences want....πŸ˜•
Edited by Omshanti1111 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by kgh212121

You know I was JUST thinking about this yesterday.

There are wayy too many posts here to go thru and read all of them.

but i agree with those of you who say "What about Sid?" he constantly thinks of other people's happiness. he's never given a proper apology or words of love. it's one thing to be thought of as the "favorite" but quite another to be happy with his own life. being a good son, husband, grandson, nephew...they're all great. but that can be done with the greatest turmoils within. who can HE really talk to? Divya will never understand him. she's too naive. WHO can he really talk to??

maybe now that's he's made peace with his destiny, the only people he can talk to are viren and nivi...but them too he cannot talk to, because it'll cause THEM pain and SID can never do that...so in reality, he has no one to talk to ....except for his mom....but he can't talk to her either...because she'll only cry for his pain and he would not want to give her any pain either.....

he needs a real friend, and one would hope that in your life partner you could find such a friend and find your happiness in that person....

i really hope that they develop a sid-divya track....both deserve their share of happiness.

I am sorry but I can never think Divya can fir that "companion" status of Sid. They are complete mismatches. Divya will snatch her share of happiness, by hook and by crook.
Opps looks like I missed this thread somewhere when I was scanning through the forum.

I'm going to try not repeating anything....but I do have a goldfish memory πŸ˜‰

I think your right Bani about Sid being a sponge for many reasons that you (and others) have already stated so I'm not going to repeat them.

But I think Sid character has not been developed properly and there were alot of chances in the storyline to give him more of a role....to make him stand out...especially as a brother but the CV just missed it all together.

Sid was mis treated in lots of ways

Nivi backing out of the engagement without telling him
Getting married to someone he did not want to
Getting accused my Nivi of being the stalker
Trying to be framed by Viren etc

He has also made his mistakes of not backing Nivi and her dad etc...not talking up...
But one can look at it this way...Nivi backing out of the engagement without telling him...will put a mark on Nivi character in his views. The person you love the most decides herself that she's going to sacrifice their love for another? Love that shared by two people sacrificed by one? After she does this...her dads issues comes out? And will all the manipulation done by CC+JW....he fell for it and didnt stand up for Nivi. 

But from what I hear he did go say sorry to Nivi...but she didnt accept it. She was right in her own way for not accepting. And Sid let it go too far when he let Kheshav get physically hurt. But he did have the heart to go say sorry, which is a good thing.

But when it comes to people saying sorry to Sid it just doesnt happen?

Nivi accused him of being a stalker....but never said sorry about that?

Did we get a sorry from Viren for his framing? (I'm not sure about this one)

But he had the heart to give Viren advice on Nivi being his love...(because he went through the same feeling)
I was hoping there he would shine alittle more but nothing much...(but I do like the CV are showing him to be the guide)
Also I was hoping Viren would feel sorry to Sid for kind of stealing Nivi from him....and that for the wrong reason....maybe a little sorry from Viren to Sid? I dunno something?

Would have been a better brother bonding. 

Nivi needed to leave the Soods house....and Viren needed to go through a lot of self regret and improvement....

Wanted to see more of his regret for his family and healing and also for Nivi...

But the way Nivi left the Soods house makes me do wonder as Bani said...is she subconsciously revengeful?  

Edited by peacefulblossom - 13 years ago