Sasural Genda Phool

India-Forums

Sasural Genda Phool
Sasural Genda Phool

Which century are we living in? (Page 34)

Keenu.G IF-Rockerz
Keenu.G
Keenu.G

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 6:55am | IP Logged
ok feefi! here you go again Wink

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:01am | IP Logged
No sweetie, not making fun of you guys just saying that we already got our Tom and Jerry , which means you guys so no need for another ine. Lets stick to the post as we would be told off. Yes my question is the same , Which century are we living in !!!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FeefiiViews

Keenu.G IF-Rockerz
Keenu.G
Keenu.G

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:09am | IP Logged
ok bak to topic! i we are living in 20th century where Modernity prevails however, indian traditions are still very much dominating most of Indian families in India as well as outside.. We are meant to accept the modernity at the level which meets or does not cross the level allowed by Indian traditions....People are believed or said to view things differently however they are still very much influenced by their native cultural customs and rituals.. 

What they showed in SGP, faint and vomiting is typical signs of pregnancy for our culture women i guess which I find to OTT since it was jus weird that how they related little faint and headache to pregnancy since most diseases often have them as side effects as well..  
But then Other things dont realli pop up of them .... [ i m not very good at explainin] 

Edited by --Keenu.Gill--- - 23 March 2011 at 7:49am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FeefiiViews

mjtruelegend IF-Rockerz
mjtruelegend
mjtruelegend

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Aww don't say that Keenu, you are good, keep going and you'll get even better. Clap
Yes I agree with what you have said. Sometimes I feel although alot is being modernised, its the thinking and the attitude that still keeps us behind. If only media could learn and move along with the time regarding issues like this. Its so sad how they presume something without knowing facts and they don't realise how much damage they cause when its not true. The consequences of jumping to conclusion due to ignorance is devastating.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Keenu.G

Bronze. Goldie
Bronze.
Bronze.

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Good topic...and further good to see... ppl do find the behavior strange.

My 2 cents...

What was shown on SGP in the last 2 days, was expected in most hindi movies & tv shows, but I expected SGP to handle it in a realistic way.

I dont think fainting is that common during preg, as shown in our movies,

Nausea and dizziness is still heard of, i experienced it too  later, but never fainted. 

Dadiji reaction didnt bother me...ppl of that gen are set in their own ways and dont really trust modern science (cant blame them, considering the no of side effects of modern medicine)

But Rajni, Disha were total disappointments, I mean a home pregnancy test kit cost 50 bucks and available in all medical stores... why jump into conclusions? 

Edited by Bronze. - 23 March 2011 at 7:45am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

munni_sgpFeefimjtruelegendiViews

Keenu.G IF-Rockerz
Keenu.G
Keenu.G

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Thanks sheemu! I will try Tongue
I agree with you tht how our attitude and thinking is wht keeps us lagging behind in modern world.. 
I also think that indian media contributes to the development of this viewpoint in people's mind.. since indian women are most accustomed to watching the daily shows to pass their times.. Instead of taking it all as fiction, most of them take it as real life situation and tend to believe in it. 
I think if it wasn't for Media than mayb the typical indian mindset would have been long gone... its because of their repetitive exposure to such situations which awaken those thoughts again.. 

mjtruelegend IF-Rockerz
mjtruelegend
mjtruelegend

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Keenu.Gill---

Thanks sheemu! I will try Tongue
I agree with you tht how our attitude and thinking is wht keeps us lagging behind in modern world.. 
I also think that indian media contributes to the development of this viewpoint in people's mind.. since indian women are most accustomed to watching the daily shows to pass their times.. Instead of taking it all as fiction, most of them take it as real life situation and tend to believe in it. 
I think if it wasn't for Media than mayb the typical indian mindset would have been long gone... its because of their repetitive exposure to such situations which awaken those thoughts again.. 

See! You explained that very well. I agree with you 100%. This is why I thought that as SGP is the most "normal" show I have ever seen, they would avoid such cleched views, but no. Hey ho...they too had to repeat the centuries old myth. Also yes the media does influence people and the way they think, so I would have loved it if they could have taken a more realistic approach to this matter. Never mind! Who are we to say anything?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Keenu.G

iViews IF-Sizzlerz
iViews
iViews

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bronze.

Good topic...and further good to see... ppl do find the behavior strange.

My 2 cents...

What was shown on SGP in the last 2 days, was expected in most hindi movies & tv shows, but I expected SGP to handle it in a realistic way.

I dont think fainting is that common during preg, as shown in our movies,

Nausea and dizziness is still heard of, i experienced it too  later, but never fainted. 

Dadiji reaction didnt bother me...ppl of that gen are set in their own ways and dont really trust modern science (cant blame them, considering the no of side effects of modern medicine)

But Rajni, Disha were total disappointments, I mean a home pregnancy test kit cost 50 bucks and available in all medical stores... why jump into conclusions? 
Clap  Good one... If Only they know how rediculous they all sound..   LOL

Go to top