Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam
Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

* TRPs = Serial Killers * (Page 7)

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 3:18am | IP Logged
WORD Clap

Really awesome thread and every word was bang-on. TRPs equals serial killers. As a viewer of LTL, it's immensely frustrating to me to watch a great show losing its essence, characters being butchered - all to the satisfaction of the channel.

In the end, we're paying customers as well as fans of whichever show. Our demands/wishes should be considered and taken care of. Forget the treatment that we, as viewers, are given in terms of drastic changes to shows that we don't want - the actors, too, are often treated like they aren't worth much and easily replacable.

Nice to know when as an actor you put 12+ hours every day, a lot of hard work and sweat, into giving life to your character Confused 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.LaTuLaregularinfossroomanisam.--Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 4:09am | IP Logged
today all the Hindi channel are in to the rat race..daily they are churning the soaps with new social issue tag.....mainly related to village..starts with good story but later on all start looking same , same tracks, run of the mill kind....nothing seems different...if you are talking about old soaps they had story with substance as ...well as the writers.....i do not think we lack stories....yes have to work on the stories and not midway bring twist turns to ape other soaps...no doubt everybody miss the old soaps whether Zee tv,s or DD,s.....they were more progressive with substance..... now they are pushing people backward.....woman folk always crying attired in heavy jewelery and finery with little self respect , dignity if in a negative role then loud and making vicious, weird faces.....how long these soaps can hold the viewers interest with stupid tracks........may be this is the reason want to see the season 2 of the some good soaps...As for Chhoti Bahu 1  , liked this soap ,not saas bahu saga...simple love story with presence of Lord Krishna here and there....it was special because of innocence ,purity of love and the feel of old time....it had freshness with new , unique, storyline ,mainly the lead pair has the charm and old time values which are gone ...later on story also went down hill even then it was good.....How the channels can blame audience if they will go in running in the rat race..they should look in to the archive and see what they have missed.....Your are right about actors being easily replacable, leap time or plastic surgerry comes handy.,so the  insecurity...Thanks for opening this thread....

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

--AROMAL--regularinfossroomani--Ratna--PutijaChalhovpoeticFaraan92

.effervescent. IF-Sizzlerz
.effervescent.
.effervescent.

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 4:19am | IP Logged
I agree Shobs

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ssroomani--Ratna--

Neeba IF-Dazzler
Neeba
Neeba

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 4:29am | IP Logged
Whenever they try to change the actor in a show someone else, keeping the character alive, by introducing a twist with plastic surgery, I feel the Creatives think that the audience is some 2 yr old who can be cajoled into believing any BS that they churn out in the name of the story and staying true to the character.

I'm so glad to see so many responses to this article. This just goes on to show how the audience feels and what we really want. 

They have to start thinking in terms of thinking audience who have had enough of these twists in tale and bring in some really good stories. They can even have serials which have been adapted from novels, like 'Trshna' which was telecast in DD was adapted from 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen. They have to give us something that's worthwhile.

Edited by Neeba - 23 March 2011 at 11:03am

pbtghoshGauravsDbestregularinfossroomanisam.--Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92

poetic IF-Stunnerz
poetic
poetic

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for your insightful post. I agree with your words, regarding the menace that the wrd TRPs instill in the mind of the viewers. A good show is just not about TRPs - The PH and CH should understand that. Almost all the Shows have been butchered, on account of TRP, on one pretext or other. It's almost as if we can't even think of watching a good show anymore, never mind its TRPs.

I recently have had a very bad experience with a Show I was watching - NAIDL. Though much positivity was not shown, yet the different tracks at least had some meaning. Suddenlt one day we heard that there is to be a Leap. The Show was doing very well before the leap, after the Leap it's doing good - the TRPs are more or less the same. Then what was the big issue about having a Leap and on what grounds? The content is nothing great, just going on 'cos a bunch of people have been introduced to makeup for the loss of the Leads (they were killed off mercilessly).

All in all, a very bad experience. Will have to think twice or thrice before deciding to watch another Show and ultimately heading for nothing.

- A disgusted viewer

GauravsDbestregularinfoNeebassroomanisam.--Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92

poetic IF-Stunnerz
poetic
poetic

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Meghna very well defined the TRP,influencing the story-line....Many shows which most of the people criticize because of illogical twists or violence are on the top...Viewers are also responsible for this to some extent., because of them channels are churning out same kind of stuff....If some thing different is shown then have very less viewership....

So do you all think that we all can strive and do somethign to stop these Chs and Phs from dishing out rubbish to us all?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfoNeeba--Ratna--Neerjaa

fj08 IF-Rockerz
fj08
fj08

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged
@poetic - well at least we are airing our views... if we dont speak up how will they know how they are hurting us?
they have the voice of the a fraction of people through the TRPs and we should be able to get heard over that smaller number... its a try

shobha (topic maker) has done a great job of putting her opinion with good reasoning, this is what we all discussed as we watched first Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam start off as a wonderful and interesting story and later get hijacked to something that just did not make sense and then Dil Se Diya Vachan.. which again was inspired by a truly heart touching tale but they completely lost track of that in trying to create the drama that TRPs required...we have talked about all this stuff repeatedly in our forum episode discussions, it is nice to have the same discussion in a central place to have others with the same opinion

with both the shows i mentioned, the collection of actors was so phenomenal, it was sad to see them not used to their potential... the mix of senior artists and junior ones should have been an awesome experience... sadly it was not

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfoNeebassroomanisam.--Ratna--poeticFaraan92

ssroomani IF-Rockerz
ssroomani
ssroomani

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 8:54am | IP Logged
@ poetic:   I used to watch NAIDL too until the leap........when the leads were killed, I stopped watching.   I liked that show because it was different, not because it was happy......it was quite sordid but I identify with abuse against women and so I enjoyed watching it..........but as you said the totally unnecessary leap killed it for me!   I have no idea what is going on in it anymore.......Cry

Another show that TRPs killed but in another way is Uttaran........I loved it when the girls were kids and even after they grew up..........until Tapasya took a turn to become psychotic and married Veer in Ichcha's place............that killed it for me..........actually that I felt was the right point to end the story........the Thakur should have explained the truth about Ichcha's father's death to Tapasya and she should have repented and Veer and Ichcha married and then the end!   But no, the TRPs were too good, so they brought in a lot of unnecessary characters and turned Tapasya into an evil person...she was jealous but not evil......and I stopped watching that too............Crybut it still goes on with its twists and turns...Dead

Everyone has a bad experience to share...........I wish the PH and channels would read this thread and listen to voice of the viewers!  

raheeluregularinfoNeebasam.--Ratna--NeerjaapoeticFaraan92

Go to top