India-Forums

Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam
Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

* TRPs = Serial Killers * (Page 3)

kiran255 IF-Dazzler
kiran255
kiran255

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 1:18am | IP Logged
well i agree to u , but here with us as an LTLian , the cvs are the serial killers ,
but i agree to u , they sometimes didnt give a chance to a serial to prove itself and end it before it starts !

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12ssroomani-GredForge---Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92

sur001 IF-Dazzler
sur001
sur001

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 1:27am | IP Logged
yeah! its really disgusting when a small number of people decides the trps especially when it comes to a populated country like India neglacting the other fraction.....
   Its really annoying when a show with strong story gets chopped because of TRPs ....on other side a story having no proper storyline gets high TRPs

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

pbtghoshregularinfossroomani--Ratna--NeerjaaPutijaChalhovmisti73LimitLessFanFaraan92

ShiningStar18 IF-Rockerz
ShiningStar18
ShiningStar18

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Completely agree with you. TRPs have become the backbone of shows. As a viewer, i have seen many shows. Some from the beginning while joined some halfway. And i have to say that i have always been disappointed by what i saw. Unnecessary twists and turns lose the flavour they once promise, particularly in the beginning.

I can recall a show called Kasturi (Ekta Kapoor's production) which i started watching out of pure boredom. As i started from the beginning, i have to admit i did get hooked for a while but then the story went so downhill ! This example can be used for many shows out there which struggle to produce something new, but failing badly in the attempt. People come, die, are reborn, all the unrealistic things mixed with an ounce of reality are shown in the so-called "daily soaps".

The television industry really needs to change their attitude on this issue. TRPs although have influence over show but they should not be made the sole reason for the running of the show.

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

Shaily.GauravsDbestregularinfoNeebaAmiiishfj08Enigma.ssroomanismartc--Ratna--NeerjaaPutijaChalhovmisti73LimitLessFanFaraan92nikita_88

-Ramya- IF-Sizzlerz
-Ramya-
-Ramya-

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 1:58am | IP Logged
nice post!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Shaily.regularinfossroomani--Ratna--Faraan92

PristineSoul IF-Sizzlerz
PristineSoul
PristineSoul

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 2:01am | IP Logged
hey friend... I just love the way you wrote...

well done.. totally agree with you.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfossroomanifj08--Ratna--Faraan92

Amiiish IF-Dazzler
Amiiish
Amiiish

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 2:09am | IP Logged
I totally agree with you, the TRPs just kill the main storry. I mean when a show start the CVs has their own vision, like the writer, mostly a clear vision, but what happens, later on the writer is told make a new vision, creativity comes natuarlly, but when the team is forced to think from the other way, then the whole show becomes a KHICHDI.

I dont get it, why cant they give the team a freedom of thinkin, and show what they originally thought of, rather than pushing/forcing them to add masala, at times masala isnt needed at that current time when the TRPs are low, but the channels are always so impatient and cant wait for the strory to unfold, and the end product is raw they never let it grow, its halfbaked. 

In a long run or at the end, NO show can be called as a good show, cuz it has already been ruined many times in its journey.
I want shows where I can say this show was so awesome, throughout, from beginning till the end.

Great post dear/amu

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Shaily.pbtghoshGauravsDbestregularinfoNeebaEnigma.ssroomanisam.fj08ShiningStar18--Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92nikita_88

Mystique_Raven Goldie

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Shaily.regularinfoNeebasmartc--Ratna--Neerjaa

--Pooja-- IF-Dazzler
--Pooja--
--Pooja--

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 2:47am | IP Logged
@TM  Great post...u hav summed up d whole situation so aptly....

Its horrifying how stories hav taken for a ride....not only is d story sacrificed but d characters tat we  like in d beginning do strange things n behave in strange ways which is irritating not to mention irrational.. eventually leads to lack of interest.....
There should a limit to how much a track can b stretched instead of carrying it on n on endlessly for months beyond tolerance.....

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

khalida4upbtghoshregularinfoNeebassroomanisam.smartcfj08--Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92

Go to top