India-Forums

Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam
Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

* TRPs = Serial Killers * (Page 2)

Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged

Very well written post and awesome title..so true..because of TRPs, very good stories get wrecked..now I am just hoping theat two really good shows, DLMH and Mukti Bandhan don't get wrecked because of this whole TRP thing...yrf shows are good too, they only run for like two months, and leave very nice memories..

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

pbtghoshAmiiishregularinfoNeebassroomaniMelodiousDreamssam.PutijaChalhovmisti73--Ratna--NeerjaaFaraan92

ParulRatiShivi IF-Rockerz
ParulRatiShivi
ParulRatiShivi

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Very Well Written Awesome It So True Because Of This My Favorite Going To End

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfoNeebassroomani-GredForge---Ratna--Neerjaa

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 12:10am | IP Logged
very well written post ,

I have nothing to say other than to see simple , neat , clean shows pulled off or not making in top list  just because audience love to see Scheming , plotting 24/7 along with crying and weak female lead

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

RBO_AddictNeebaAmiiishregularinfossroomanisam.--Ratna--PutijaChalhovmisti73Faraan92

maris08 IF-Rockerz
maris08
maris08

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Excellent post and a must see for all viewers not only of this forum, but  for those CVs and channel people enmasse..

The TRPs are the boon and bane of many a serials; whether drag-on-dramas or good short lived shows..
The extrapolation of a few thousand respondants to the billions of people watching TV can never be justified..

Just like our five fingers are not one and the same size, how can all the serials be judged by these rotten TRPs..In fact I suspect the rating agencies themselves are rigged to spew these kinds of TRPs...

Unless and until there is a credible way to monitor and rate the serials and leave everything to the billions of viewers(People can vote for their fav serials , whether they can be continued or not), nothing much can be hoped or changed in this Indian  Television Industry..

Edited by maris08 - 22 March 2011 at 12:26am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

RBO_Addictsavan_fanpbtghosh-sia-mnx12..yajnaseni..regularinfoNeebaAmiiishfj08Angie12sam.smartcinfinity00Enigma.ssroomani--Ratna--NeerjaaPutijaChalhovmisti73Faraan92LimitLessFan

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 12:41am | IP Logged

Very well put, but there is an exception in case of LTL, where trp's are good , but the channel is interested in ruining it by removing the lead hero,inspite of hundreds of posts send to the concerned responsible people in the channel, with no official reply from their side. Here viewers are taken for granted just to satisfy their ego. Resaons can vary but the serial does get killed.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfo-GredForge---Ratna--Neerjaa

Neeba IF-Dazzler
Neeba
Neeba

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged
As I wrote earlier, am back with my two cents...

I did not really know much about TRPs and the havoc they wreck till I started watching 'Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam' which was aired on Colors at 9pm. The story started well. Simple love story set in city of Lucknow. The star cast was great and the lead pair of Gaurav Khanna and Yami Gautam were amazing. Even the sets that were erected to show the lanes of Lucknow were very real.

Then, the TRPs took over the whole story. Which left all of us who were initially attracted to the storyline of a very believable story with a bad taste in the mouth. They made the female lead cry to no end and negative characters were introduced for no reason or rhyme. And it all wen into a tailspin which led into more drop of so called TRPs and our beloved show was pulled off air.

If they only started with a bound script and a known number of episodes which would run a duration of a few months, I think, that would do justice to the story and the actors. I feel , they would give out even more stellar performances when they know that the story that they started with and signed on the show in the first place, will not be tampered with and the end result would be a beautiful serial.
Or even having different number of seasons wherein new characters enter and leave at the beginning and the end of the season would be nice too...

The Indian television Industry should take some steps to streamline these measuring systems or just do away with them..rather than play spoilsport with the audiences.

Edited by Neeba - 22 March 2011 at 12:56am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

RBO_AddictGauravsDbestAmiiishregularinfofj08Enigma.ssroomanisam.smartc--Ratna--NeerjaaPutijaChalhovFaraan92

ozzyie IF-Rockerz
ozzyie
ozzyie

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 1:04am | IP Logged
very much agreed.
Thanks for the post.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

regularinfossroomani--Ratna--

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ssroomani

TRPs = Serial Killers 

Because the TRPs are low and the channel sends warnings to the producers and creatives of the show to add masala to increase TRPs or else!  But does it really do any good?  No, because the original fans are disgusted and give up on the show and it fails to attract new viewers half way through the story!  The TRPs dip even lower and finally the show is laid to rest... It is high time that entertainment industry thought of entertaining all kinds of viewers, not just the kinds who want melodrama and bloodshed and twisted story lines,  a hotch-potch ending which leaves many a fan in tears! 

Considering TRPs as a measure of success ,  many a good story bites the dust without making an impact.  The best way to beat this system would be to change the strategy altogether

( QUOTE )

Shobha i am very happy when i read your article and every one who is fed up of this current  situations of the soaps ,  feel the same way.....Very  well and timey written article....Because of this TRP factor  Originality of the story go for a toss and mid way new turns and twist introduced....Soaps have become  kind of experimental, if this idea is not working then lets try this track , that is working for the other soaps...Starts with good story , if not getting good TRP then starts aping others running soaps and in the end starts looking copy of each other......Because of this creativity suffers.. I do not understand when DD and new channels were started that time,stories were progressive with good contents, some of them from literature.....You never felt as if there is race is going on to out do the other one, moving with steady pace, maybe because of no TRP funda....There is no dearth of good stories as we are lucky to have so many languages and so have  the literature...Perhaps to earn the quick buck, creativity suffers.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

GauravsDbestregularinfoNeebassroomani--jiya--PutijaChalhovmisti73--Ratna--Faraan92

Go to top