India-Forums

Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam
Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

* TRPs = Serial Killers * (Page 15)

Thinker_Belle IF-Rockerz
Thinker_Belle
Thinker_Belle

Posted: 01 April 2011 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
My friend Hina put this article on the facebook.. people with facebook account can share it with your friends who aren't on IF...

Hopefully, some of the showmakers/production houses/channes might get a hold of it, and think about what people want....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ssroomaniFaraan92-Swetha-

poetic IF-Stunnerz
poetic
poetic

Posted: 02 April 2011 at 6:39pm | IP Logged

@Aadaa

The onus of making a good show rests not only on the PH but also on the Channels as well. It's true that Channels would want to highlight prominent shows with higher TRPs (irrsespective of their content), but they have an important say in the content when the story moves ahead. And in the name of poetic justice, shouldn't they at least try to go ahead and start and make some changes and provide some wholesome entertainment?

To sustain a daily soap, there has to be twists and turns and some tracks may be extended more than necessary, but if we really look at the content, then we fall short of the standards set by some of the erstwhile serials, who did not have access to so much resources, like the present times.

Question is not only about a Show shutting down. Even if a CH and PH has to decide to shut down a show, why is such a crass treatment delivered at the end? Some member has written in this very thread about the stupid ending they gave to a serial just because it closed shop. Doesn't the story deserve a chance at least?

And what about the repeat value of these Shows? Many would catch up with a particular Show or some episodes where their favourite actors are there, but how many would actually go through the entire serial again? Maybe there would be a few restrictive shows like that but it's a miniscule if we consider the number of shows that start in a year or so. Basically there's no shelf life, no value addition, no creativity involved. it's more like writing some stuff and getting them enacted so that the story moves on for the day.

People around the world still watch re-runs and re-re-runs of FRIENDS. Happenings in the life of six friends. Why should that get the attention of the people? It's probably the way it has been handled, the outcome it has yielded and the flexibility it had accorded to the script writers to manage those characters and more and not kill off someone in a lewd fashion, or take leaps into oblivion or so.

This is just an example and my personal view.

Apart from making money by the Channels, there should be more at play for them, since they derive decisive fun by being part of the entertainment industry. If its only about money, then there are more ways to earn them, and am sure that the CHs are very well aware of that.

This is not meant to offend anyone. My views only.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Praves--jiya--Thinker_BellessroomaniNeerjaaFaraan92

ssroomani IF-Rockerz
ssroomani
ssroomani

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by 10on10

My friend Hina put this article on the facebook.. people with facebook account can share it with your friends who aren't on IF...

Hopefully, some of the showmakers/production houses/channes might get a hold of it, and think about what people want....

Thanks Hina Hug   and thanks Tanu for posting the link here...........let us hope for some positive reactions............would enjoy a good debate there!  Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Thinker_BellepoeticFaraan92-Swetha-

ssroomani IF-Rockerz
ssroomani
ssroomani

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 9:37am | IP Logged
@aadaa:   I agree that the people who invest in a show need some kind of measuring scale to know how the show is doing and how popular it is.......TRPs are the standard used now but the way TRPs are measured is illogical!

Just 8000 households in a country of billions......and not counting the viewers abroad where all these channels air their shows........how could that be really representative of the popularity of a show?

We need something better and more tangible........so my title for this topic....that TRPs really kill the shows!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Praves--jiya--Thinker_BelleNeerjaaFaraan92

-SweetGirl- IF-Rockerz
-SweetGirl-
-SweetGirl-

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
What a Post..Really..Perfect..So as Title

I feel the Same for  This Unbelievable TRP system in India and Its Impact on show's Fate on Indian Televison..I lost My Most ever Favorire show due to this so called Rating drop in it once Which was ruling It ..But due to Lake of same Ratings Its Nomore now even thoght show was going well...

Not Just than But I dont Understand how come just 8000 to 20000 home Decide choice of whole India....Another question on likes of Audiance...I simply fails to understand the Mass Choices of Drama...which Kind of Show Rules This TRP chart makes you Ouch..

Everyone has choice & they watches what they likes...Does it necessary Everyone 's choice should top on Rating chart and If not so Channel axe shows...Indian Television had many Good Decent shows But they never touched that Hight Like some Soap touches ..Does It mean they were not Good...I Dont think..

This is so Sad...The much long /Many  Shaadi Drama - The Maha shows - Much Heavy make up & Jewellaries - Unbelieveable story lines - Simply unbelievable Lead Charcacters Who are Totaly out of World =TRPS...Ouch

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PravesThinker_BellessroomanipoeticFaraan92

fj08 IF-Rockerz
fj08
fj08

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
did anyone here blame the channels for ruining our shows? i think we all agree that they are driven by TRPs, bcos TRPs are the criteria that decide where advertisers would pay more money to run their ads ....

the discussion of this post is the effectivness of how the TRPs are calculated and how they can be made more effective so they match the thoughts of a wide range of audience and not a select few

Thinker_BellessroomaniNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:06pm | IP Logged

Why to blame only channels and Production house for the TRP game ? some where we viewers are also responsible for this going on crap in the soaps ..High gainerTRP ,s serials are having the same kind of crap where positive female characters are crying at the drop of hat and negative characters are making weird , vicious faces,busy in snatching or running after the the guy as if does not have anything to do in life, without any dignity or self respect, both sets are attired in heavy jewellery and sarees as if going for some party.. ...Starts with good issue based story but in the race of TRP issue disappears with illogical turns and twists midway of the story and so disappears the essence..If TRP of some show is going down then copy the track of some other soap and at the end of day almost most of them appear to be copy cat of each other....Some good soaps with fresh story are introduced recently but i think they have fewer takers....End of the day its demand and supply with Quick money interests , because of that viewers suffer...What kind of message these soaps give massage to overseas viewers about our women-folk...Have to find some change in this going on TRP system which kills a soap midway leaving the viewers as well as actors betrayed....

ssroomanipoeticFaraan92

poetic IF-Stunnerz
poetic
poetic

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 7:17am | IP Logged
We viewers are to blame as well, even when we think that we are unable to bear a show any longer, we still stick to it, hoping that miracles would happen - there would be a change in heart, and whatever bad we were wishing to go away would simply vanish.

But yes, we do need an effective TRP measuring system where more tahn these 8,000 odd viewers are considered and which would be a just representation of the viewers pan India as well as abroad.

pbtghoshssroomaniFaraan92

Go to top