India-Forums

Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam
Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

* TRPs = Serial Killers * (Page 12)

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
 Hope Production house and channels should go through this thread .....

Edited by neerjashingla - 26 March 2011 at 12:42pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ibrahim192ssroomanifj08Faraan92

mjtruelegend IF-Rockerz
mjtruelegend
mjtruelegend

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
What a brilliant post. Thankyou friend for voicing what many of us think. I do know why a show's shelflife is so dependent on TRPS. I fail to uderstand its relevance. If the programme does well, then does anything else matter? Soooo many good shows started and finished within short period of time just because they didn't have enough masala to garner high TRP's and yet ridculous and atrocious shows keep going for 500 plus epsides. Makes no sense.Confused How stupid. You're right they need to make some serious changes.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ibrahim192ssroomanifj08NeerjaaFaraan92

mjtruelegend IF-Rockerz
mjtruelegend
mjtruelegend

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Hope Production house and channels should go through this thread .....

Thats a good ideaBig smile. All of them should be reading this. They need to read and learn.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

fj08ssroomaniNeerjaaFaraan92

...PARiNA... IF-Rockerz
...PARiNA...
...PARiNA...

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
nice thoughts expressed ..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ssroomani

elle45 Goldie
elle45
elle45

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by neerjashingla

Elle you have written exactly about  the current situation of  running soaps....Some time i was reading in some magazine that its not only channels interference , even advertisers  also have their say in the  turns and twists.....I really feel very strongly about the effect of TRPs  on the soaps and in result of that  hotch potch of the story-line....People are getting fed up with this going on trend where all of a sudden new track is inserted..

Thank you Neerja Smile. I was not aware that even advertisers have a say in altering the story of a serial Shocked You are right, this continuous introduction of new tracks is really disturbing. As a result, the previous track is usually left midway, completely forgotten about, or either ended abruptly.

There's a very vicious cycle involved in this......I feel that this constand demand for TRPS and long running serials not only degrades the quality of a serial but eventually also pretty much destroys the actor's career. What I mean by this is that suppose, 2 fresh actors join a serial as the leads, they work on it a few months, maybe a year or two. Then, due to continuous distortion of the story and introduction of ridiculous tracks due to TRP demand..... the TRPs eventually fall. The show is given a week or two to shut down, and suddenly all the actors are out of a job. Given that they are so overworked due to continuous 5-day serials, they have never had time to take up another serial alongwith it.

Now, when the lead actors are free, they look for new roles. But since they were the "Lead" actors, they want to come back as leads again, so they refuse other offers. They dont get lead roles because of the many many aspiring newcomers waiting to take their places. They either sit at home for months on end, or they take up some reality show, or just disappear. Ultimately, most of these "once very popular" actors are reduced to just being "one-hit" wonders. Even though many of them are so talented, and young and hard-working, very few get 2nd chances.

I've noticed this for many serials. I'm still waiting for the leads of my show, Na Anna is des Lado, to comeback, though it's been months. There are ppl on IF waiting for the Bairi piya sequel, there are ppl waiting for Leher of YPNHK to return. Then, there were the very talented actors a few years ago, Karan/Nandini of KSBKBT, Kumkum/Sumit of Kumkum etc. Granted, these people are still very famous, but how often do we see them coming regularly on TV? And they're all very young, they could still come as the leads.  

This is what I meant by TRPs eventually destroying an actors career. Sorry for my rambling, but I just feel very disappointed with this system.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ibrahim192Neebassroomanismartcfj08NeerjaaFaraan92

SimplyAparajita IF-Dazzler
SimplyAparajita
SimplyAparajita

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
I agree with you yar... So true...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ssroomaniNeerjaa

ssroomani IF-Rockerz
ssroomani
ssroomani

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged
@elle45:   Agree with you that even actors' careers are affected by the current system of TRPs............I am one of those waiting for Leher of YPNHK to come back on screen! Cry

And what about Gaurav Khanna?  He is one of the most talented actors around but has had bad luck in that his shows, both YPNHK and DSDV, both of which started with very different kind of themes with a charm of their own ended so soon and without fulfilling what they claimed to do when it started!   YPNHK went haywire in its story and ended so abruptly with a lot of loose ends hanging.........and DSDV is ending with what they claim is a happy ending but is really a crappy ending!

I am glad to see so many agree that the system needs to change.....please, can IF admin do something to get this thread to reach the channels and production houses?   Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

elle45NeebaEnigma.fj08NeerjaaFaraan92

lostmymusic. IF-Stunnerz
lostmymusic.
lostmymusic.

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Amazing post! Would've said more but when it comes to shows ending cuz of the dreaded "TRP!", I am reminded on Rishta.Com..

AMAZING SHOW!!!! Great story, great cast, unforgettable characters, UNDENIABLE chemistry and an end which only had us begging for more...Season 1 had such a cliff-hanger ending and yet YRF is not bringing it back! WHY!?!??! Cuz some silly people did not watch a show which was different than the whole saas-bahu, salwar-kameez, kitchen conspiracy BS and was wholly based upon friends cum business partners dressed in clothes which totally set a new trend and were y living a life which people live in a city like Mumbai in REALITY!!! Uggggh....!!!

TRP has killed the joys and dreams of MANY TV watchers...they made many of us lose faith in good TV, no wonder people are switching to watching American shows because they know that the show they fall in love with in the first few months would eventually turn out to be utter crap leading only to abusing the CV behind it and cursing the day the show became like a drug to them...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

--AROMAL--NeebassroomanismartcNeerjaaFaraan92

Go to top