India-Forums

Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam
Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam

* TRPs = Serial Killers * (Page 11)

malluangel IF-Rockerz
malluangel
malluangel

Posted: 25 March 2011 at 3:21pm | IP Logged

Let us have stories which are drawn up and fixed right at the beginning of the show.  Let us have short serials, which run only for a few months – the shelf life of a serial should not be greater than 6 months.  This would avoid a lot of heartache for the fans, as the story is fixed and so are the characters, and the Damocles sword of TRPs need not be hanging over the show deciding its fate. Big smile New characters and twists and turns need not be added midway through the show for garnering TRPs.  Once it is known that the show is for a fixed period of time, TRPs would lose their importance,  and good stories can be shown without worries.   All kinds of stories can also be shown and audience can pick and choose what they want to see.  This way all kinds of viewers would find something to satisfy them and the popularity of TV as a media would only go up and so would its importance in influencing the society! Smile

i completely agree with that. i mean, if the story is fixed, then you cant screw up like all these long running seriels do. sure everyone wants to see their favorite couple for a long time, but seriously, after a while you start to realize as an audience that the couple's dynamics have changed. not just in a new angle of their relationship, but as in the people themselves have changed. short and sweet seriels, which pretty much recently debuted in this industry, manage to garner a huge fan base and it doesnt take them years.

i actually think, that even if it wasnt a set time frame, or if it wasnt a set story line. atleast take a break. i for one, think that the breaks do the writers, producers, actors, and other workers a huge favor. they wont be overworked that way.

the industry needs to change.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

hinzNeebarusha4003Enigma.ssroomanifj08NeerjaaFaraan92

norani Senior Member
norani
norani

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 9:11am | IP Logged
The serials aired are said to have good concept and some are even said to be true stories. In the early stages, the storyline seems to go according to the concept but later on deviates from it.
CVs always give us extreme sacrificing from one character in order to satisfy the needs of another character, create sick storylines and in most stories they are potraying woman to be a weak individual, crying most of the time. Looks like CVs have stories for a few episodes and try to lenghtened one track longer than it should be because they are running out of ideas for a new track. This is because CVs have the concept only but the storyline will appear in their creative minds as the episodes moves.
TRPs are calculated in a 'controversial' way. Serials that have high TRPs does not necessarily mean that they are liked by the audience and vice versa.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

NeebaEnigma.ssroomanifj08NeerjaaFaraan92

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Excellent post along with some great replies, I wish this thought reflected in the serials but its not. I started watching Sasural Genda Phool, the very fist serial for me as I am not a great fan of Indian serials for obveious reasons ( I prefered sitocms) SGP is great , covering a lot of real family life with out much over dramatization, a remake of a bengali version which was done in very simple form, being on Star Plus it has got more masala then the original, but just recently we the crazy fans of SGP is realizing that channel is messing up the story line to get the TRP!!!! and if this serial would be gobbeled up by the TRP Bhoot then I would be very sorry as I love the old family values shown with much needed light hearted comedy.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

NeebaEnigma.ssroomanifj08NeerjaaFaraan92

ibrahim192 Senior Member
ibrahim192
ibrahim192

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Faraan_4_Shweta

Totally agree with da topic maker..Thumbs Up

Very well written.ClapClapClap

"Jaane kya baat hui" was also 1 of da best show on Indian television bt da Cv's changed its storyline nd den it shifted to a new timeslot (just coz of Trp's) nd abruptly ended..AngryOuchCry

totally agree with you
jaane kyaa baat hui was an awesome show and i too know how the show met with a bad fate because of the so called "Trps"

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ssroomaniFaraan92

BElieveYOUrself IF-Sizzlerz
BElieveYOUrself
BElieveYOUrself

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
its absolutely perfect

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ssroomani

-BreezyGirl- IF-Rockerz

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ssroomani

BElieveYOUrself IF-Sizzlerz
BElieveYOUrself
BElieveYOUrself

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 12:09pm | IP Logged
bcoz of  these trps i lost my fav show. it has spolied it all. n on fighting to get it back. the storyline was changed from love romance masti fun laugh to sacrifice marriage melodrama rona dhaona  i hope it never happens before

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ssroomaniFaraan92

Faraan92 IF-Stunnerz
Faraan92
Faraan92

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ibrahim192

Originally posted by Faraan_4_Shweta

Totally agree with da topic maker..Thumbs Up

Very well written.ClapClapClap

"Jaane kya baat hui" was also 1 of da best show on Indian television bt da Cv's changed its storyline nd den it shifted to a new timeslot (just coz of Trp's) nd abruptly ended..AngryOuchCry

totally agree with you
jaane kyaa baat hui was an awesome show and i too know how the show met with a bad fate because of the so called "Trps"
Exactly ibrahim.. It was 1 of da best serial i've ever seen.. every chracter was given importance in dat show.. it was really not like other shows.. bt just coz of Trp's they changed its timeslot nd after dat they changed its storyline too nd completely ruined it..!!!Ouch
I really cant forget dis serial coz it was really 1 of da best serials in da 1st 4 months at 10:30 Pm slot bt after da timeslot they completely ruined it..!!!Dead
If da Cv's would hav worked with da same storyline which was at da beginiing dis serial could hav worked..!!!Ouch
This TRP thing really Sucks..!!!Thumbs Down
In dis case pakistani serials r much better den Indian shows nowadays coz they r not dependent on TRP's..Thumbs Down nd hav fix episodes nd story..!!!Embarrassed
Edit: i just realized nowdays Indian serials hav jodi nd Pakistani serials hav story..!!!LOL

Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 26 March 2011 at 1:34pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maddymaddyibrahim192ssroomaniNeerjaa

Go to top