Posted: 22 March 2011 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Can wait to watch the episode!!!!!!LOL

bee5 IF-Rockerz
bee5
bee5

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rusha4003

Originally posted by bee5

I'm sure most of you are happy with R's sindoor dialogue. As for me, I'm not impressed. I wish she said she is doing it for "Insaatniyat's" sake. Bcos even that would have had the same effect and that for me would have been sufficient at this jucture. More over she was telling that to K&J. If she had said she is doing that for 'Insaaniyat's sake' also would have been enough for K&J to convince G and talk on behalf of her later-on. This pati-vrata dialogue wasn't required IMO at this jucture, more so, when she herself is not filling her maang with his sindoor. As for us* viewers, we would have still understood the way she is and has been, she would have honored her marriage and there was no need for this dialogue now. It is not like she was telling that to him. Not that I am unhappy, but I would have been satisfied if she said she did it for humanity's sake bcos she doesn't consider him as anything to her, as yet. Okay anyway don't want to spoil all your happinesses, just wanted to state my opinion.  ... Well Bee, I understand what you' re trying to say ! .... @ blue...  precisely becos she was not addressing this to G, I like the 'sindoor' dialog, it was addressed to K & J - who are as far as R is concerned 'outsiders'. And she has steeled herself to keep up appearances, maybe for Amma's sake or just not to disturb the peace. If she was saying this to G she might have said 'insaniyat' as she knows and he knows how things stand betwn them ! 

Usha, just imagine if R said that sindoor dialogue to G (ofcourse in some other circumstances, but with the same level of hatred for each other.) Tell me what do you think would've happened?

Now, to splashing come cold water on all of you - In the ending scene where he holds her pallu, and when she turns around, I have a feeling he is going to say, "how she is a panauti to him" OR, he may just pass-out without saying anything. Not expecting much from that scene. (That seems like a biscuit for the viewers.) ..... LOL LOL LOL ... I know, I know Bee ..... you and your cold water ...... put that bucket away  ! LOL  I know nothing is going to come of this ....... but watching it just by itself was  ... Day Dreaming ..... I too feel like Wafah, he's going to mumble about his Mom in his drunken stupor ,,, maybe he'll apologise again or just call out to her ! 

See! I told you! He didn't say a thing. If he had said something (cursed-her OR called-out-his-mom) that would have been something. In either case, if he had said, he would have opened himself up. Either hate for R or love for his mom, Emotion is more important and not what of kind of emotion at this point (for us viewers). But CVs chose did not open him up for R, probably they thought ek hi din(rather raat) mein sab dikha denge toh zyaada ho jaayega! Bcos there were really lot of things that happened , and all of it done by R:
1. Asked to shift G inside
2. Requested to apply ointment on his neck
3. Took off his shoes
4. Gave him water to drink
5. Puts bedsheet on him (the pink color one!Wink)
So, you see, It is not just 'Strike One' for R, For me, the score stands at 5-Nil (I wish I could write 5-Love as in TennisLOL)
According to me G could've gotten 1 point if he had said something, anything after he held her palluLOL But since he didn't, I will not be giving any points for him, not even for holding the pallu, bcos it just got nullified!LOL

Amma seems to have convinced herself that she did a wrong thing accepting G as R's husband and she wants to break the relation. I am more interested to see what Amma is gonna tell R and what R's reaction to that would be. .... Ah ... now this is interestin ... just a couple of days back Amma lectured R about giving the relationship time .... now she's taken a 360 deg turn, thanks to G's drunken tamasha ...... and now,  I'm thinking R will be the one to refuse to break up with G.  Why ?  Well, I feel she's fed-up with the whole 'get-Runjhun-married'  thing and wishes to be left alone now, with  G & the marriage she was tricked into.  I think she considers herself capable of handling both G & this marriage ! 

I was surprised at how easily CVs evaded this. They didn't make her answer anything. They just gave a twist to that part making Amma ill and R the ever-caring worry abt her Amma. But I liked that sceneThumbs Up, bcos of 3 things -
- CVs smartness (bcos they don't have to make their characters answer to every question the viewer has)
- R's caring nature 
- N's acting, very realistic.Clap

Agree, R had already made up her mind that she will handle this marriage. I liked that kitchen scene where Amma is trying to tell her about Ram Vs. Guddu and the way R is listening quietly and also thinking. She slightly shakes her head thinking to herself. There it just showed that she HAD made-up her mind and she knew how to deal with this guy, whom she has been tied in a marriage for life! 

-------------------

*us -> I am hoping there might be someone out there who has the same feeling, so including them :-) :-) 

Love your takes Bee ... very stimulating, makes me to look at the other side of the story too ! 
Oh! Thanks Usha. Needed that assurance very badly. You know, it is not easy to disagree and justify from where I bring them.

Edit: Updated the score! Had only 4 earlier Smile, its actually 5-0.Big smile

Edited by bee5 - 22 March 2011 at 11:57pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rusha4003UmIbrahim

bee5 IF-Rockerz
bee5
bee5

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gardes

Originally posted by Wafah

Originally posted by rusha4003

... I know, I know Bee ..... you and your cold water ...... put that bucket away  ! LOL  I know nothing is going to come of this ....... but watching it just by itself was  ... Day Dreaming ..... I too feel like Wafah, he's going to mumble about his Mom in his drunken stupor ,,, maybe he'll apologise again or just call out to her !

Love your takes Bee ... very stimulating, makes me to look at the other side of the story too ! 

She does love her cold water buckets....LOL I think it keeps us from going of the deep end....We go to the clouds and she brings us back to earth...but yeah I agree it's good to hear all perspectives after all different people conceive different things differently. We paint it colorful and Bee keeps it simple and to the point (well most of the time).

Wafah, Bee is a prgamatist and watches serials accordingly,  Count on the filled buckets of cold water at hand at all times!  Big smile

Usha, Wafah:

Whatever gardes meant by that!LOL

But no, I do like this show very much. Otherwise I wouldn't have urged gardes to watch the show (as per her own admittance). No, I didn't really ask her to watch the show as in watch, but I did share my liking for this show. And definitely that seems to have rubbed on her.Wink

So, it is not like I do not like the show and hence I do not agree to you guys, it is just that, I think, I watch the show from its outside rather being inside.

And I am not here with cold buckets of water to throw on you all to spoil your happy feelings, I just have watched enough shows to understand how they take their tracks.

Like I said, it is not easy to come out and say I disagree. I hesitate a lot before I say something like that or throw-cold-water(s)! LOL

Like for e.g.: I didn't think the "pallu" scene was anything great, not breath-taking in any way (for me). I have watched that in several Indian movies with boy-girl hate-turning-into-love stories. There wasn't anything novel in that scene. 

I wasn't ecstatic about the temple bell scene either, but I did like it better than the 'pallu' scene just bcos I didn't expect that to happen at that time. So, it was good.

The best scene for me in this show till date was the carrom-scene. ClapThat left me simply awe-struck. Now, again that is not an very original scene. Similar scene was there in 'Munnabhai M.B.B.S', but here they improvised the scene and it fit perfectly well with the concept of the show. It fit so well bcos the guy was a carrom shop owner, the girl was a Bhagonwali and they tried to show the effect of a Bhagonwali using the carrom game! That scene fits perfectly in this show, than in the film, where, originally it was taken from. It shows the intelligence of the writer.Thumbs Up

So, in summary, it doesn't have to be a romantic scene for me to like, it just have to be well written, well presented and the idea should come across. It shouldn't be added for the sake of adding.

Okay, enough said on my defense! Big smile

Cheers.

---------------
Edit: 
  All said and done, what I am saying is, it is not like I'm "unhappy" with those scenes, all I am saying is I am not impressed. I do understand some things have to be done for the masses sake and am "okay" with that.Big smile

Edited by bee5 - 23 March 2011 at 12:00am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gardesrusha4003UmIbrahim

bee5 IF-Rockerz
bee5
bee5

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gardes

Usha, nice to meet you too.  Enjoy reading the posts and Wafah's updates.  I was exclusively in CB forum for the longest time but for obvious reasons have strayed to other serials now, this being one of them.

I was turned off by the show until I started reading Bees' posts and she urged me to watch.  Now her comments have made me get more interested than before.  I still hate the extremes shown here, but the M & M's have grown on me, and I am a fan of Amma from the CB days.   Don't mind watching Guddu either (blush, blush!)!!  Known him from the AKA days.

Extremes!!! Gardes,Watch today's episode. Just look how the M&Ms think and come up with ideas! Each one is trying to out-do the other! 

My liking for this show is also bcos of how the writers write such well-defined characters, even though they are evil! 

The husbands are describing the thrashings the other got from G. The wifes are so happy to hear their BIL getting thrashed! The husbands are just gloating on and on while tending to the thrashes they got. Then comes the most funny part - the wives are only interested in the MONEY and nothing else!Shocked LOLAnd the ullu husbands think that no-one else is as intelligent as their wives! No wonder they treat their wives like Gods! LOLThen follows their adventurous money-stealing scene. Hilarious in just one word!

gardesrusha4003UmIbrahim

UmIbrahim IF-Rockerz
UmIbrahim
UmIbrahim

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Bee,Wafah,Usha......u guys make this forum really liveiy ,funfilled and entertaining....Bee with ur thoughts u prompt us to see the show in a different light ....dont hesitate to say ur views yaar.......it just makes the discussion more lively.........i read all your posts and enjoy them very much....you guys have made this forum one of my toppriority ones......

rusha4003bee5

bee5 IF-Rockerz
bee5
bee5

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nidhsara

Bee,Wafah,Usha......u guys make this forum really liveiy ,funfilled and entertaining....Bee with ur thoughts u prompt us to see the show in a different light ....dont hesitate to say ur views yaar.......it just makes the discussion more lively.........i read all your posts and enjoy them very much....you guys have made this forum one of my toppriority ones......

Glad to hear that, Nidhsara!!!Big smile

I was just worried Wafah and Usha are gonna come behind me with sticks and brooms! ShockedLOL

gardesrusha4003

Wafah IF-Dazzler
Wafah
Wafah

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 6:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bee5

Glad to hear that, Nidhsara!!!Big smile

I was just worried Wafah and Usha are gonna come behind me with sticks and brooms! ShockedLOL

Just for that I might just come after you...with a big stick...LOL

Thanks Nidha, we try to keep it lively and fun, so we're glad you enjoy reading our posts.

Bee,
I know how much you like this show, so I know any time you pick have any bones to pick with the show it's not because you don't like it. I'm going to make a small generalization to keep it simple...but I think when you have a show, you get three kinds of people. The ones that love it no matter what. The smallest touches the eye-locks and romances are all. They can't bear to hear negative about the show at all (I'm not specifically talking about Bhagonwali) Then there's the other extreme, who for some reason watch the show even though they like nothing about it. Maybe they are masochists, who knows, but all they do is call the show stupid, that's not criticizing the show, that's bashing it. There's a thin line between criticism and downright bashing.
Then there's the middle ground, the one who like the show but don't hesitate to pick out faults with it. They give credit where it is due and take away credit when it isn't deserved.

Again this is three general categories, people often lie in between these three categories... not in any one specific.

So Bee you're always welcome to strike against us...with us or away from us...its like a parent scolding a kid...they wouldn't scold a kid if they didn't love/like them. My friend who picks on me all the time, tells me if he didn't like me he wouldn't pick on me. I think the same concept applies here. If we didn't like the show would we waste out time analyzing it so much...?

After all we don't want the CVs to think that we are complacent that just because they give us such small scenes, and use it as an excuse for having a story. While I love the subtle potential for romance ( I know you do too) I'm not going to be happy having a relationship develop with no basis just for the heck of romance. I love the Guddu & Runjhun interactions but  that's because they've always been meaningful in my opinion so I don't want some cheap cliched romance tactic either. I want the same meaningful dynamics throughout.

gardesrusha4003bee5

Wafah IF-Dazzler
Wafah
Wafah

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 6:50am | IP Logged
Gardes,
It is good to see you back in the forum, and I'm glad you've given the show a second chance :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gardes

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index