Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Epi Discussion Thread | 21st Mar-25th Mar | LU Pg 102 (Page 93)

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
OMG Zahra, you're watching Malaal?? Now THERE'S a damn good show! I loveddddddddd it!

Did you watch yesterday's LTL finally?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-sourire-Pyari_Zahra-Srushti-kabeeraspeakingincandescence

neets_ltl Goldie
neets_ltl
neets_ltl

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pyari_Zahra

Originally posted by neets_ltl

@ fatty: Novak Djokovic?! Like the eyebrow raise, but he has been beating Murray Angry LOL

Anyway, some people think it's silly of Naku to lose her mental balance, but why can't it work, why would it not be logical forgetting the implications of MR leaving? Is it not possible for a young girl madly in love, who has gone through so much to actually BREAK DOWN? Who knows in what mysterious circumstances Dutta disappears? Also, we don't know exactly know how long Tasha will spend together after getting 'rid' of Kala, if anything will happen between them, if you know what I mean ( I know I'm thinking A LOT here). So in that space of time, Naku's attachment with Dutta may be very strong? This is pure justification for her mental instability- otherwise I myself really don't like a track where Dutta played by MR goes poof in the air....and Naku goes mad....

Exactly! It's a logical route to go down. I'm quite looking forward to how Mahhi pulls it off! It would be an eye-opener to those who believe she is just a pretty face and no actress LOL x

Bold: I would have finished off that discussion in that thread by saying the following: a pretty face- isn't that the whole point of LTL? A pretty face that had to be hidden away Ermm LOL I think she's justified her ability to FIT in that role in the first place by being pretty! But besides that, her acting has been absolutely fine. Yes she is not MR and AG standard but her character sketch is such that it doesn't really require a groundshaking intensity or some melodramatic tone- she's soft, jovial and innocent. Reunion week- fab. Other instances too. Mehhh....she's done her best.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

komal_w25-sourire-AbhiAniPooja_219Pyari_ZahraMelodiousDreamskabeeraspeakingincandescence-Srushti-

-sourire- Goldie
-sourire-
-sourire-

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Originally posted by nureat01

Is LTL just a juvenile show with horrible writing, direction, etc. etc??

No one denies that MR is the heart and soul of this show but is it so easy to dismiss the great writing on this show otherwise?? It IS a well written show......some ppl may choose to blind themselves to that fact but it remains.....the dialogues are so well written many times.....exceptional....and EVERY actor in the lead cast has done justice to their role.....yes MR is the best of the lot but why dismiss everyone else??? I find that very narrow-minded and I wonder if ppl have even fully watched this show as a whole to understand all its nuances and what it's essence is.

LTL is unique in that it has melodrama but of the GOOD kind.....even melodrama requires a flair in presentation and I can't say the same for most shows on TV today.....at the same time, there is an art in the way they write, envision some scenes.....is it so easy to forget an 'ambar pe milte hain'?? That wasn't JUST MR....someone ENVISIONED that first too....MR lifted it to another level, but why dismiss the entire creative thought process behind it also?

To those who consider this show a joke overall....I say it's their loss and their tunnel vision that prevents them fully understanding the dimensions of this show and all the characters that come with it.

Totally agree with this post Clap Anu, time and again you and I have discussed how lucky MR was to bag the role of DUTTA, just as the show was lucky to bag him...a character so well-written, so complex, so intricate...this writing was what gave him the avenue to display the AMAZING range we have seen from him in the past year...so the people who sketched it, put words in its mouth and created all those situations to put him in...they deserve all the credit where it is due. They've had some absolutely brilliant writing on this show in terms of rhetoric and philosophy; in fact, I would say that they took something that could have been terribly below par, which actually would have been sacked within a few months (with the kind of premise they had and the way Indian telly works - on the basis of chemistry between good-looking leads), IF not for the tremendous writing they were able to do for this show in terms of character development...they made us love koyel Nakku, they made us root for her, feel for her. They made us love Dutta, so much that I doubt I even need to say it. They even made us love an ANNA! An actor can be absolutely great, but the MATERIAL has to give him or her something to tap into...and with LTL, that has been there...they've had hiccups, HUGE hiccups many times too, yet compare this show with ANY other that ran for the same time as yet and give me an example where the characters weren't totally butchered or there wasn't at least one leap to totally change their personality make up. There's not too many in the last decade that can boast of that, I think. Relatively, LTL has still managed to keep true to its essential characters and their inherent personalities despite all the glitches and problems...

Like you so wonderfully said...there is an art in the way they have envisioned and then executed some scenes in this story...and while there is that art, it is all done with the utmost sincerity and simplicity...they haven't needed jazzy glitter and glamour and high-handedness to create it...that, those scenes and moments, is what I hang on to LTL for. There's always phases when we've said the show has dragged and fizzed and tested patience immensely, but to call it a joke over all --- it'd be forgetting the highs in the midst of what we perceive to be lows...which is not fair at all to the entire team which has worked flesh and blood - writers, actors, technicians, all of them - into making this show...and it's not fair to something which you yourself loved as well, IMO, something that entertained you and kept you engaged and got you so invested -  to turn around and kick it down as all rubbish from beginning to end just because some things didn't pan out well or the show gradually declined, which is what happens with all things in life really...

Awww man.....Love how you two write Clap.....Since Fatty has done the honors...I'll skip it for tonight Embarrassed ....sorry.... just have so much work to finish Unhappy but I'l def. put in my input by this weekend LOL 

Edited by LuvPremeer4ever - 23 March 2011 at 7:40pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

komal_w25AbhiAniPooja_219MelodiousDreamskabeeraspeaking-Srushti-AreYaar

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:38pm | IP Logged

You know I was just watching your Kala-Dutta VM again.....and no matter how awesome the epi was, it can't live up to your VMTongueLOL....anyways so that ending shot you've put in of Kala falling to the floor and Dutta pointing a gun at her?? Deja vu! The way Dutta pushed her and she fell to the ground in today's epi......ditto same! Bas ek gun ki kami thiLOL

Dude you gotta make another VM on them after this week's done....we're getting amazing epicness on this front.....in fact Kala deserves a solo VM after this....her interactions with everyone....Dutta, Baaji.....CHAASKARLOL

Like Neets was saying, there just seems to be so much work suddenly and the evenings have gotten so short that time is flying...I'm not even getting time to loaf around, dude OuchLOL Procrastinating right now too with ten things on my mind and another ten to do...but sitting here, reading through EDT and all the things you guys talked about during the day...woh bhi sahi se padhne ko nahi milta toh VM durr ki baat hai LOL 

But the hug was super EPIC Cool...I felt the sparks there, which is something totally created by the actors and their dynamics...*on the verge of repeating MR/AG greatness jaap for the millionth time* LOL

Anyway, some people think it's silly of Naku to lose her mental balance, but why can't it work, why would it not be logical forgetting the implications of MR leaving? Is it not possible for a young girl madly in love, who has gone through so much to actually BREAK DOWN? Who knows in what mysterious circumstances Dutta disappears? Also, we don't know exactly know how long Tasha will spend together after getting 'rid' of Kala, if anything will happen between them, if you know what I mean ( I know I'm thinking A LOT here). So in that space of time, Naku's attachment with Dutta may be very strong? This is pure justification for her mental instability- otherwise I myself really don't like a track where Dutta played by MR goes poof in the air....and Naku goes mad....

Originally posted by Pyari_Zahra

Exactly! It's a logical route to go down. I'm quite looking forward to how Mahhi pulls it off! It would be an eye-opener to those who believe she is just a pretty face and no actress LOL x

I wouldn't mind seeing that JUST so that MV actually gets some good writing LOL Acting-wise, it's something that has tremendous scope. Track-wise, watching a crazy Nakku...I dunno, who would then be the 'driver' of events in the show, considering that she would be quite unproductive in that way...

@Neets: Murray, huh? So predictable! :nerner: :p

@Zahra: Let me take a wild guess as to why there's a crying emoticon in your signature...LOLTongue

Edited by make-believe - 23 March 2011 at 7:45pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

komal_w25-sourire-neets_ltlPooja_219Pyari_ZahraMelodiousDreams-Srushti-

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:40pm | IP Logged

@ fatty: Novak Djokovic?! Like the eyebrow raise, but he has been beating Murray Angry LOL

Forgetting the implications of MR leaving and just viewing the epi by itself can actually overall also really give you clarity of vision while watching the showLOL.....I didn't once think of the MR leaving news while watching today's epi and quite enjoyed it....I was just immersed in the character interactions in those moments.

And yes otherwise I agree.....Nakku going mad if Dutta disappears is not far-fetched at all given how much she loves him.....what he means to her....what all she and they have had to go through.....everyone has a breaking point......MV would do ok I think but it depends on HOW that breakdown is presented too....that also will be part of it......but this isn't something that can be stretched out long term cuz MV isn't capable of THOSE kind of histrionics alsoLOL.....and honestly the show can't sustain for much without Dutta's presence...it's just a fact.....so even if this is a "break", it can't be stretched for months.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

komal_w25-sourire-AbhiAnineets_ltlPooja_219MelodiousDreamskabeeraspeakingincandescence-Srushti-

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:41pm | IP Logged

OMG Zahra, you're watching Malaal?? Now THERE'S a damn good show! I loveddddddddd it!

I completed it yesterday Big smile And yes, it's just wow Day Dreaming So beautiful in its simplicity. Don't know why but nowadays I have an obsession with Pakistani dramas LOL 

Nope, still not watched it, hopefully will soon LOL x

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking-Srushti-AreYaar

Pyari_Zahra IF-Rockerz
Pyari_Zahra
Pyari_Zahra

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

@Zahra: Let me take a wild guess as to why there's a crying emoticon in your signature...LOLTongue

Guess then ROFL x

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

-sourire- Goldie
-sourire-
-sourire-

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:43pm | IP Logged

Is that an Indian show.....Fatty was talking about something called  Dastaan too the other day ?? 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

Go to top