Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Dev's mother - old interview - she was other woman

jyoti01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
I found an old interview of Dev's mother - i think she was to play a major role - but somewhere the story track got changed........

Dev's mother will stand by Geet?!
Buzz up!

Television actress Tanushree Kaushal plays a widow in STAR One's Geet –Hui Sabse Parayi. Tanushree is quite young but she has settled comfortably into the character, an interesting woman named Parminder Khurana. We spoke to Tanushree about her role.

More on Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi : Discuss here | Watch full episodes | Official Website

What attracted you to the role of a widow?

As an actor I want to experiment with new roles. I believe that life is too short, and I am greedy to play good characters well. I am still waiting for my ideal role but this role is challenging and it will develop over the various stages of the show. For now, Parminder will stand with Geet because she knows her feelings. This is because even Parminder was a second woman.

How does it feel to play the role of an elderly woman with grown-up kids?

In Betiyaan too I played Menka, the mother of 25 year old Yuvraj, so this doesn't matter to me. At the end of the day the actor must be satisfied, and I am enjoying my role.

How different is this character from Menka?

Very different. Menka was a planner and she ruled the house. She had a glamorous role and in Geet it's totally the opposite. Here I play a widow from Punjab who is ruled by her daughter-in-law Nayantara.

How difficult is to play a widow? You have very little dialogue and the role doesn't seem dominating...

I don't believe in giving dramatic dialogues all the time. This role is about expressions and showing the myriad emotions through expressions. It's these subtle emotions that play an important role in keeping the audience riveted. And now every action of Parminder's will make her more indispensable, so watch out for her!

Don't you feel that your character is being dominated by her daughter and daughter-in-law?

I don't feel that Parminder is dominated by her daughter Kamya. But she is dominated by her daughter–in-law Nayantara. There will come a time when Geet will learn the truth and she will stand for justice and I will be supporting her.

What's your take on NRI marriages?

I am happy with the channel because it's spreading a good message. I just don't like the mentality of parents who wish their daughters to be in a marriage with a person simply because he is an NRI. They don't even look at what work the groom is doing in countries like US and UK. They are just happy to receive a Green Card, but in doing so, many are destroying their daughter's life.

Do you know any such people personally?

Not really, but I have a distant aunt in Canada who is searching for a groom for her daughter. What I think is that ladki ki shaadi agar der se hui toh koi baat nahi lekin achche insaan se honi chahiye.

How is it working with newcomers like Silkina Kaur, Drashti Dhami, Abhinav Shukla and the others?

Both are very sweet and cute girls. Drashti is fun loving… Even Karishma is very sweet and now for me it's like a small family.

You and your co-stars are all Punjabi. What kind of rapport do you have with them?

In Betiyaan, all the actors were either Gujarati or Marathi which was again good fun but over here most of the actors are Punjabi so shooting is like coming home!

You have worked with your husband, Vineet Raina in Nach Baliye 4. Does your husband like your work on the show?

Vinit and I are each others' best critics. He's busy with his shoots, but I am certain he will love the show when he sees it.

What did you do for your wedding anniversary? We know it falls on May 10...

He always gifts me diamonds, and we have a wonderful dinner. We also go to the temple to seek the blessings of Lord Ganesh.

How is your relationship with your mother-in-law and extended new family?

Great! She stays in Jammu and I have a good relationship with my in-laws.

Which are your favourite television shows?

I don't get the time to watch much television, but when I do, I watch Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi. I love Pavitra Rishta for the acting of Manav-Archana.

Any message for your fans?

Please do watch me and don't think of me as an old lady. And please never be a second woman…

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi has witnessed some high voltage drama after Geet revolts against her family, seeks clues from the hotel employees and gets the important phone numbers in Canada. This makes Nayantara unhappy. Will Geet get her justice? Watch Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi every Monday to Friday at 9:30 pm only on STAR One.

http://www.indya.com/news/NewsArticle.aspx?p=Dev%E2%80%99s-mother-will-stand-by-Geet&nid=305

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saanjh11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
cv has vanished her and kamya in the air😆
..VeenaGcian.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i wish she and her daughter were also there in Khurana family
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
the CVs have left so many loops unclosed. Wish they had delved deeper into Maan's past & his family....

thanks for the article....i hadn't read it before.
Edited by swan20 - 13 years ago
-MansiKohli- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sanjh1234

cv has vanished her and kamya in the air😆

u seem to forget sanjh that cv's were suffering from amnesia from a long time🤣....unhe baar baar yeh cheez yaad dilani padti hai ki abhi geet mein bahut se entries hone baaki hai......😆
Fallen-Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
In future, why don't they bring her back along with Kamya when Naintara comes out of coma... but who knows what the CVs have planned...

thanx for the article...have never read the article before either...

Eccentric.Being thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mansi95

u seem to forget sanjh that cv's were suffering from amnesia from a long time🤣....unhe baar baar yeh cheez yaad dilani padti hai ki abhi geet mein bahut se entries hone baaki hai......😆

How CVs will manage all of it 😛
alovi_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
I think in starting CV has planned different story, as per her interview after know the truth she was suppose to supoort Geet, but CV has chnaged it later ,even Geet family was show nv ery powerful, their role too, they have just vanished  in 2 month, nothing shown ragarding them so one by one all char left the show,  her mother may also left, how long good actor will sit n stuck with Geet show if they are not getting proper screen space, may she hast also left, Dev sister kamya, her behavior were not like she is from Khurana family, like chori n money money I don't like here,  any way I think due to maneet chemistry lovestory show  were getting success, so CVs has simply removed the other char from the story without completing their exit.
  budget problem hogi. actually CVs has not utilize their good actor properly, just getting new boring enries which is not working and old char which were powerfull thoses are leaving the show , as not getting sreen space.
drdee142 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing dear 😊
jyoti01 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I think somewhere down the line they realized that the show was successful coz of Maan and Geets chemistry....and hence they concentrated only on these two and some office staff.    Hence now they are stuck as they did not know how to carry the story forward, hence these new vague entreis..