India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

daaktar - isskul etc (Page 2)

ammoos IF-Sizzlerz
ammoos
ammoos

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 10:49am | IP Logged

I know people cant be judged by english or any other language and no one has done that too.. Even I am from a regional medium school and have seen and heard people spelling words wrong. The talk of education and english never came..  Language is for communication and no mater how its spelled. Even the British and American english are different. like Colours and colorsLOL both are the same..All were commenting on Anandi's point of view only. She was not the one who used to be like that.. all of a sudden her change in dictation triggered anger in us and nothing more..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

divmathruchira23ghotalazanu rulzpjyo

pjyo IF-Rockerz
pjyo
pjyo

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
I have commented on badi  anandi  pronouncing ' daaktar' and 'pffoone'  but it was never with the intension of making fun of regional accents but merely to  point that choti  anandi used to   pronounce  'doctor' and 'phone'  before leap but the CVs suddenly decided to change it in a delibrate attempt to show badi anandi as less  educated ... 
Accents certainly are not a yardstick of a person's knowledge ,what they have to say is that matters...

WinkActually i loved it when  my maths teacher used to shout at us in his mallu accent  .My parents  have that accent too and i absolutely love it  Big smile 

rgattudivmathruchira23ghotalazanu rulz

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 21 March 2011 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
@rgattu

I am sure all of us who made those comments on Anandi's pronunciations, did not mean to degrade or look down upon regional accents, it was merely because of the foolishness of CV's who took this route to show that Anandi is only 8th pass....I dont understand why they did that when Anandi used to pronounce the words properly when she was young !!! our making fun of Anandi's diction is based only on this context and no offense meant whatsoever to anyone Smile 

rgattuEkta76ghotalazanu rulzpjyo

ruchira23 Goldie
ruchira23
ruchira23

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 4:24am | IP Logged
i agree with u all that young anandi was good at pronunciation bt after the leap they are showing her that way intentionally Confused

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

divmathghotalazpjyoanu rulz

ghotalaz IF-Dazzler
ghotalaz
ghotalaz

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 10:06am | IP Logged
@rgattu

i absolutely understand what you are trying to say. people do have their regional accent which dominate the pronunciation. i am aware of that. as others said. the chhoti anandi was good at pronouncing words but after the leap the badi anandi seems to be pronouncing the same words as if she's saying it for the first time... this is what was irritating me. i had no intentions to hurt anybody. but if you are hurt then i'm sorry for thatEmbarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

divmathpjyoanu rulz

rgattu Senior Member
rgattu
rgattu

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 10:15am | IP Logged
Hi all
Please do not apologise, that was never the intention.
The purpose was to point out that education does not equate to English, that's all. Especially in India we tend to make this assumption quite a lot and hence the topi

Re Anadi junior/senior - calling it CVs goof-up is the best solution I think!

cheerio people Smile

divmathghotalazanu rulzpjyo

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 5:58am | IP Logged
@rgattu:
yes people react in a judgemental manner as regards to pronunciation..and i agree wid u wen u say its by no means a reflection of one's education,and very snobbish to think in tht direction,i have myself gone thru a phase wer i have made conscious efforts to correct my grammar and pronunciation to avoid taunts by sum people i have had the misfortune of spending time wid..bt as uma said,here on the forum we have an issue wid essentially anandi mispronouncing these words..otherwise DS and Sumitra have thicker accents and nobody says anything to tht..its the mark of the actor in tht case..b in anandi's,its a case of shoddy direction..

rgattudivmathghotalazpjyo

sudss Goldie
sudss
sudss

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 9:16am | IP Logged
i agree with all of u here...  even while we are all of the opinion tht the accent is no way related to education, its just the lack of continuity in the characterization of anandi that we were pointing at.  its hard to revert an accent... u continue the way u learned it... same should have applied to anandi too.

rgattudivmathghotalazpjyo

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Balika Vadhu Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index