India-Forums

Why?

Its_Sash Goldie
Its_Sash
Its_Sash

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Geeta is considered as the lone flag bearer of Indian classical & folk dance in DID.Tongue But why we haven't seen any ORIGINAL classical/ folk performances from her gang?Confused Why she chooses to do Manipuri with the song "You're my Love"?Confused Why she chooses to do Chhau with the song "mera hi jalwa"?Confused Why she chooses to do mohiniattyam with the song "Kabhi neem neem"? Why don't we see her using authentic music along with these performances?Ouch

We have seen Kruti, Nikitasha, Salman doing Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi & Chhau respectively with their authentic music Smile Why can't Geeta do the same?ConfusedTongue

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

8een4evazaabemardluv2danceAnjaani_Dastaanuknaik99dmgmjht4ever-Aaliyah-ThatOneGuy

joyce_k Goldie
joyce_k
joyce_k

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
I think it's much more difficult to match these styles to bollywood songs....and  even not the classical songs but the out n out masti numbers like ur my love & mera hi jalwa.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Prud123charmz517

Its_Sash Goldie
Its_Sash
Its_Sash

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joyce_k

I think it's much more difficult to match these styles to bollywood songs....and  even not the classical songs but the out n out masti numbers like ur my love & mera hi jalwa.

Actually I think its just the opposite. This peppy numbers provide the beats for the dancers. And I definitely don't think that Geeta choose to do it for making it more difficultTongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aaliyah-petticoat

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
geeta might have the opinion that there is a wow factor in fusion..some like it..some dont..i have mixed opinion based on the performances

i think i liked salman's chau better

sometimes the real music gets u a glimpse of the culture behind that performance.

i had a similar question a while ago...while everybody leans towards their forte a lot , geeta does not..i wonder why

for those who haven't seen salman's chau..this was what was choreographed by remo for salman :D

quite gutsy..poor dude burnt his eyebrows in the process

EDIT:
i got to add

I LOOOVE remo's choice of songs for his classical numbers! amazing

Edited by bandicoot - 20 March 2011 at 2:56pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

GURASH14Noor_Ul_Ainluv2dancejoyce_kAnjaani_Dastaanuknaik99Rapier-Aaliyah-ThatOneGuyLeadNitrate

Anjaani_Dastaan IF-Dazzler
Anjaani_Dastaan
Anjaani_Dastaan

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 8:45pm | IP Logged
Sash i LOVE this post! 
i have to say when she infuses classical dance with NOT so classical songs it kinda kills it for me it completely ruins it to be honest =/ 

OH man Kruti classical and Salmans Chau were so memorable for me =) 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrate

uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
I remember in DID1 she did Kathakali dance with siddesh with Chum, chum de de song..

I was shocked by the song choice Shocked .. after that I got used to her choice.. nothing shocks me now

petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 10:35pm | IP Logged
^ i knw

when geeta did the chumma chumma dede in kathakali, half the e-world cursed her and called it sacrilege..the other half loved the innovation..

personally i liked that performance

but se could have brought in some interesting traditional beats
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bandicoot

geeta might have the opinion that there is a wow factor in fusion..some like it..some dont..i have mixed opinion based on the performances

i think i liked salman's chau better

sometimes the real music gets u a glimpse of the culture behind that performance.

i had a similar question a while ago...while everybody leans towards their forte a lot , geeta does not..i wonder why

for those who haven't seen salman's chau..this was what was choreographed by remo for salman :D

quite gutsy..poor dude burnt his eyebrows in the process

EDIT:
i got to add

I LOOOVE remo's choice of songs for his classical numbers! amazing
This is seriously dangerous. Gosh what a thing to do though it was a real thriller.
Looked like he almost fainted or choked with smoke.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ThatOneGuy

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index