Posted: 13 years ago
Geeta is considered as the lone flag bearer of Indian classical & folk dance in DID.πŸ˜› But why we haven't seen any ORIGINAL classical/ folk performances from her gang?πŸ˜• Why she chooses to do Manipuri with the song "You're my Love"?πŸ˜• Why she chooses to do Chhau with the song "mera hi jalwa"?πŸ˜• Why she chooses to do mohiniattyam with the song "Kabhi neem neem"? Why don't we see her using authentic music along with these performances?

We have seen Kruti, Nikitasha, Salman doing Bharatnatyam, Kuchipudi & Chhau respectively with their authentic music πŸ˜Š Why can't Geeta do the same?πŸ˜•πŸ˜›
I think it's much more difficult to match these styles to bollywood songs....and  even not the classical songs but the out n out masti numbers like ur my love & mera hi jalwa.
Originally posted by joyce_k

I think it's much more difficult to match these styles to bollywood songs....and  even not the classical songs but the out n out masti numbers like ur my love & mera hi jalwa.

Actually I think its just the opposite. This peppy numbers provide the beats for the dancers. And I definitely don't think that Geeta choose to do it for making it more difficultπŸ˜›
geeta might have the opinion that there is a wow factor in fusion..some like it..some dont..i have mixed opinion based on the performances

i think i liked salman's chau better

sometimes the real music gets u a glimpse of the culture behind that performance.

i had a similar question a while ago...while everybody leans towards their forte a lot , geeta does not..i wonder why

for those who haven't seen salman's chau..this was what was choreographed by remo for salman :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6NiYa-63Y[/YOUTUBE]

quite gutsy..poor dude burnt his eyebrows in the process

EDIT:
i got to add

I LOOOVE remo's choice of songs for his classical numbers! amazing
Edited by bandicoot - 13 years ago
Sash i LOVE this post! 
i have to say when she infuses classical dance with NOT so classical songs it kinda kills it for me it completely ruins it to be honest =/ 

OH man Kruti classical and Salmans Chau were so memorable for me =) 
I remember in DID1 she did Kathakali dance with siddesh with Chum, chum de de song..

I was shocked by the song choice 😲 .. after that I got used to her choice.. nothing shocks me now

^ i knw

when geeta did the chumma chumma dede in kathakali, half the e-world cursed her and called it sacrilege..the other half loved the innovation..

personally i liked that performance

but se could have brought in some interesting traditional beats
Originally posted by bandicoot

geeta might have the opinion that there is a wow factor in fusion..some like it..some dont..i have mixed opinion based on the performances

i think i liked salman's chau better

sometimes the real music gets u a glimpse of the culture behind that performance.

i had a similar question a while ago...while everybody leans towards their forte a lot , geeta does not..i wonder why

for those who haven't seen salman's chau..this was what was choreographed by remo for salman :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6NiYa-63Y[/YOUTUBE]

quite gutsy..poor dude burnt his eyebrows in the process

EDIT:
i got to add

I LOOOVE remo's choice of songs for his classical numbers! amazing
This is seriously dangerous. Gosh what a thing to do though it was a real thriller.
Looked like he almost fainted or choked with smoke.

Originally posted by Summer3

This is seriously dangerous. Gosh what a thing to do though it was a real thriller.
Looked like he almost fainted or choked with smoke.

apparently this is some traditional chau..worry not his costume was layered in multiple layers including banana leaves and everything so the flame wouldnt touch him..

the choreographer remo is trained very well in chau and he himself has done this multiple times..he said the first time he did chau when he finished it, people were trying to put out the flames while he was suffocating..so his first concern was taking off salman's mask :)..he was instructed to finish his dance with that pose when they come to put out fire or something

the limelight video that time had quite a bit of salman's prep! it was nice to see the level of precautions taken
Edited by bandicoot - 13 years ago
Originally posted by bandicoot

apparently this is some traditional chau..worry not his costume was layered in multiple layers including banana leaves and everything so the flame wouldnt touch him..

the choreographer remo is trained very well in chau and he himself has done this multiple times..he said the first time he did chau when he finished it, people were trying to put out the flames while he was suffocating..so his first concern was taking off salman's mask :)..he was instructed to finish his dance with that pose when they come to put out fire or something

the limelight video that time had quite a bit of salman's prep! it was nice to see the level of precautions taken
Yes it was a lovely piece of work. like it.
Initially I was expecting someone to douse the flames with water from above.
I saw Geeta ma almost fainting with fear too.