Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Sachin Tendulkar comes out running with that lovely smile. Dhoni has been lifted by couple of players. Gautam Gambhir, the man who played that icy-cool knock under pressure, is also there. Every one is hugging each other. The fire works are in display. Yuvraj hugs Gambhir and ruffles his hair. They scream. Tears of joy from Yuvraj.

The Sri Lankans slowly get back to the pavilion. The Indian huddle is on the ground. They hop and jump in joy. Harbhajan is crying. With the Indian flag in hand. Yusuf pathan hugs him. He is still crying. Last tIme Sri Lanka won the tournament, and beat India, one Indian cricketer left the arena in tears of sorrow. Now it's the opposite. Crazy scenes out there. Camera pans to Dhoni who has his cap pulled down, his right arm wipes off some sweat. slowly he looks up and high-fives with a team-mate. Gary Kirsten is out there. All smiles.

Gambhir: "All credit goes to Sachin Tendulkar. We played for him. Beating Australia and Pakistan and now this, its a dream come true."

Meanwhile Tendulkar is being carried on the shoulders of Virat Kohli. Suresh Raina, Yusuf Pathan and Harbhajan hold him from the side. The team takes the victory lap. Tendulkar holds the Indian flag aloft. He can't stop smiling. He checks with Kohli and Raina, who are carry8ing him, whether they are ok. More laughter. He stays on top. The lap continues. The flag waves. The crowd roar.

Now Yusuf Pathan and Raina carry Tendulkar. The whole team is behind them, with them. At the back, are the support staff: Gary Kirsten, Eric Simons and the whole lot. Zaheer takes time out to rush to them and he walks with them. Out in the front, Tendulkar is still being lifted and carried by his admiring team-mates. Sehwag puts a hand around Dhoni and Gambhir. And now finally, Tendulkar gets down to the ground. He immediately spreads the Indian flag.

And now its Gary Kirsten's time to be hoisted on the shoulders. Virat and Raina again are the men. Kirsten is up and laughing. Gary gets down now.

The Sri Lankan camp troop out. Murali is in conversation with Sanga who looks on at a distance, at nothing in particular.

Harbhajan singh: " It means the world to me. I have been part of the three world-cups. This is for the nation. Thank you very much, we love you. This cup is for the people. Love you India!"

Virat Kohli: "This goes out to all the people of India. THis is my first world cup; I can't ask for more. Tendulkar has carried the burden of nation for 21 years; It was time we carried him. Chak de India!"

Tendulkar: "Couldn't have asked for anything more than this. Winning the world cup is the proudest moment of my life. Thanks to my team-mates. Without them, nothing would have happened. I couldn't control my tears of joy. Thanks to the support staff. Thanks to Mike Horn, who has helped with the expectations and pressure. The team stuck together in the rough phases and proved people wrong who doubted our ability. Self belief has been always there but in the last two years, we have been very consistent. It's been great honour to be part of this team. Thanks to Gary and Paddy Upton.

ZAheer: "I can't explain this feeling. It's for this special man (tendulkar)."

Yuvraj :" It was for Tendulkar. We did it!"

Man of the match is Dhoni

Player of the tournament is Yuvraj Singh.

The Sri Lankan team come one by one to accept the medals. Crowd cheer. Huge roar for Malinga but the biggest is for Muttiah Muralitharan. Great cheers for Sanga as well.

Sangakkara: "Very proud of everyone, especially Mahela who rose up to the occasion and put up a great hundred. When you look at this Indian team anything less than 350 looks less! They deserved this title, the way they played in front of a great crowd. Both Sri Lanka and India will be proud with the way they have played. Thanks to Sri Lankan fans. Congrats India, you were the better side today. The only way to stop India is to get atleast 7 wickets. Gautam was outstanding and Dhoni stepped up and performed."

Man of the tournament Yuvraj Singh: "This is unbelievable. Under-19 World cup, then Twenty20 but this is the most special. For Sachin, for everyone else. I want to dedicate this to my guru ji, for my mother and my friends. Last time we were in World-cup final, we made lots of mistakes. Batting second is lot of pressure but Gauti and MS played outstandingly. They played like it was a normal game. We batted like champions. We don;t have a proper left-arm spinner and so it was my job to do it. Narendra Hirwani has been helping me and I have been working hard. Tonight is going to be good night! Thank you India!"

The Indian team step out to collect their winning medals. As ever, its Tendulkar who brings the roof down.

Dhoni: "I took a quite few decisions tonight, if we hadn't won I would have been asked quite a few questions: Why no Ashwin, Why sreesanth. Why no Yuvraj, Why did I bat ahead?! That pushed me and motivated to do well.The pressure had got to me in the previous games. In this game, I wanted to bat up the order and Gary backed me and by the senior players. I had a point to prove to myself, Virat and Gautam batted brillantly; lots of singles. Then with the help of bit of dew , we put pressure on the spinners. I would have liked Gautam to go on and get that big hundred."

Dhoni gets the cup, the team is with him in the podium and fireworks begin. The Indian team roar and roar. They pose for the pictures. BCCI has announced that 1 crore to each team-member of the Indian squad. Gary Kirsten and his support staff get rs 50 lakh each. The selectors get 25 lakh each. Show me the money!

We shall leave you with this final image.

Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar is now holding that cup that eluded him for so many years. And he screams in joy. What a night.

Good bye and good luck.

coolpratz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: -Priyalicious-

prats read ur pm plz

yup.done....πŸ˜ƒ
coolpratz thumbnail
😊

so wats up??

'm damn busy yaar.clg restrtd...vry tight schedule...... hav clg tomorrow.n i havnt slept yet.πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
gotta sleep now  or i wont b able to wake up tomorrow for clgπŸ˜†

bye..tcπŸ€—
Edited by rpratistha - 13 years ago
priya185 thumbnail
bye yaar
tight schedule 4 me too ...too much school hassle
but good thing is no school on sat sun  poor college ppl
priya185 thumbnail

https://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6056/sonaso6.png
coolpratz thumbnail
heya .hwz all.... changed my username....😳
dont ask me who m iπŸ˜†
coolpratz thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Priyalicious-

updated pg1 with ur new id

aww!! thanks yaar.... ur vry fast...πŸ˜ƒ
priya185 thumbnail
hehe btw yest arman scene was soooo cute
Cool! What's up? Finally free for now lol
when do your exams start! Tu inactive nahin hogi kya??

Oh yeah wanted to ask can you please edit Iqbal Khan from my name and put Rajeev Khandelwal πŸ˜³