Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

GHSP- Does the audience's opinion matter? (Page 9)

Echoesofpassion IF-Rockerz
Echoesofpassion
Echoesofpassion

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 11:38am | IP Logged
Awesome post
But i doubt if they will listen to us..
They have turned deaf towards us n are hell bent on ruining the show
The current track is GROSS as HELLDead

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mjht11-pixie-_Invincible_

49erFan IF-Sizzlerz
49erFan
49erFan

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 11:39am | IP Logged
@Shivani thanks dear! 

BTW, Im in love with the way Samir dresses, wow  he is my million dollar man!  One thing creatives done good so far!  A big plus for me! ROFL

Edited by 49erFan - 20 March 2011 at 11:41am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mjht11-pixie-_Invincible_RageOfAnAngelmysterygurl1427Serendipity..

MishtyShona IF-Sizzlerz
MishtyShona
MishtyShona

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
well written guys...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-pixie-RageOfAnAngelmysterygurl1427

49erFan IF-Sizzlerz
49erFan
49erFan

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 11:41am | IP Logged
One more question for everyone, how do we know which way the track is heading???? Did someone leak it from PH!  We read articles and see pictures and speculate na!  Just chill people! 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

mnbv1mjht11-pixie-serialwatcher16RageOfAnAngelswan20_Invincible_

serialwatcher16 IF-Rockerz
serialwatcher16
serialwatcher16

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 12:00pm | IP Logged

Shradha, 

I loved your topic  and your passion and it caught my attention so much that i decided to write at 11.45 at night. I am a bigger pendulum than daadi i guess. one day i am so passionate about the serial and get upset and on another day i get dejected and accept that it is not my story and i accept what trash they dish out to me. Anyway some jottings of mine i have posted.  

Just saw your post and thought to post some feelings -

Let me emphasise here that the reasons I started watching geet was the advertisements of Geet and I gave up a serial I had religiously followed without missing an episode just like that for Geet and have followed it till date for two reasons. This is only my POV

1.     It was about a girl who wanted to be empowered and about a guy wanted to empower her.

2.     They (the CV's) stole my heart when she fell in love with a guy (Maan) other than the guy who had cheated her and she was not forced by so-called SOCIETAL obligations to accept the guy who had cheated her.

3.     In her heart and mind she wanted her revenge on Dev. (Which I have now modified to will not forget what Dev did to her and will ignore him by not giving him any importance in her life)

But I just cannot accept Dev and Geet near each other and so please kill that thought from wherever it started. 

I wanted a slap for Dev which i did not get.

I wanted a slap for arjun which i did not get.

But I live in hope. 

4.     I could not relate to her keeping the baby, was against it and then started to love the baby and the CV's really made me angry by making me fall in love with the baby by saving it again and again and making it superbaby and then pulling the rug from under my feet with the final axe, the song from tere mere sapne, jeevan ki bagiya when I finally realized my superbaby is going to be no more. I mourned by not seeing the MC episode. Anyway that is another story.

5.     Everytime I felt bad about how they portrayed geet , I was told it is necessary for a serial and this is necessary for drama and that it is not my story and there is only so much that I can say. So I kept quiet.

6.     But as long as the first three are maintained, I will have no problem following the serial.

7.     Their story changes with every leave of a character and so if Maan is not available, then Maan and geet have to fight or more and more of MM,CC, PP (NASA) ; if Geet is not available, then Maan and Geet will fight etc''so where is the consistency in any case. But it is a drama you see.

Anyway from what I have understood by seeing the episodes of geet is this '

Everybody is treating dev like long lost brother, and he moves here and there without question.

Geet is in her own world.

She is suffering from post MC depression which is actually dangerous. Physically she might be okay but nobody asks her what she wants for herself, life. 

Love is fine, that she loves maan but is love everything. Can't she have her own opinion too.

She must be feeling so drained. 

She comes from the most backward family where first daarji, then father, then brother, then running to save her baby and now the reason for living, her baby is not there. And the reason for living she has to find herself. Till then she will be like this bhatakti aatma.

She has had an MC two days back. People take months to get out of depression. 

She doesn't have any family of her own. She left that behind in HP.

She came only with a baby which was hers.

Now she has lost that.

She is trying to get her bearings. 

She wants to go to the orphanage. 

She left Dev the father of her baby long behind when she said abse yeh dev ji nahin, sirf dev hai. 

At present she is not thinking of anybody, other than her loss.

In this state of mind, i have even known a lady trying to commit suicide. don't they deserve our empathy.

Till a few days ago I could not even accept that she could forgive Dev but then I read something which made me change my mind and I repeat, all credits to Opti's post

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget." - Thomas S. Szasz, a Hungarian psychiatrist.

Maybe Geet is naive but I am not. So I was ready to go the forgiveness but not forgetting route just so Geet heals herself and only for her own sake. After all she is a human being and as the sister in sound of music once famously sang ' She is a girl'. isn't she?

But I really don't know what is coming in the next episode.  

And I really really hope that my basic three points are not meddled with, I live in hope despite all the twists and turns that they have charted out.

Edit

So there are some pictures which everybody is talking about of Dev holding Geet's hand. I am a total cube on this since i don't go to FB or anywhere.

Thanks CV's, that is all we wanted. Are there any more nails that you want to hammer into the coffin.

Here we are going on saying Maan and Geet are husband and wife and let them get angry with each other like normal husband and wife and sort out their problems and you have started your geometrical progressions. Dead 

Edited by serialwatcher16 - 20 March 2011 at 2:51pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

mjht11chipbhakti2-pixie-RageOfAnAngel_Invincible_Silentsoulsun29

-sann- IF-Dazzler
-sann-
-sann-

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Great post & repliesClap

I dont see the same serial I watched now. Geet is not geet, GHSP is not the same. only one thing tht hasnt changed is Maan (hopefully PH & cv's wont make this drastic mistake)

forgiving the sinner. RIGHT. It was supposed give us a social message. this is the message we got. FORGIVE ur reprobate. maaf kar. mujhe nehi sikhna...by god

I always knew adi has more brain thn Geet... He understands maan more thn geet..(okie...I dont mean Maan-adi tht type of relationshipTongueLOL)
even Adi is sensible enough & still not forgiving Dev..who is Adi in this?..still he feels so when Dev called to inform about Geet's fall..Adi was not contented while giving the phone to Maan so he asked dev.."aap mujhe bataiye"...AND Geet, love of his life, life-partner does not understand it.

yet she understands dev. only dev can make her happy. WOW. actually she's right. its dev who gave her the child & fled away. When maan tried to ease her pain, its all maan's fault coz he wanted geet to be happy again. & bull's eye, dev's back to the rescue. Dead Now what? repeating the same things again & again?

Sorry if I offended anyone. But I meant what I said & I said what I meant.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

mnbv1-pixie-Sofna_Invincible_Silentsoulmysterygurl1427

49erFan IF-Sizzlerz
49erFan
49erFan

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
@Usha & Opti, I love the quote!

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget." - Thomas S. Szasz, a Hungarian psychiatrist.

USP of this show is Maaneet, channel knows it, PH knows it, infact from what I just heard this is the show that's feeding Star One at the moment!   If they wise they will not break them apart, no way will they do this!  I have faith in them! 

If they bring Geet and Dev back, what kind of social message will they be giving to the viewer, go back and live life with the man  that wronged you, not the man who accepted you the way u are and has given u a new meaning to life!

Edited by 49erFan - 20 March 2011 at 12:17pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mnbv1serialwatcher16-pixie-RageOfAnAngel

SecretKhabri420 IF-Addictz
SecretKhabri420
SecretKhabri420

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
I wonder how some people would ever think of supporting a rapist to be linked with Geet? No way, it seems the CVs lost memory about what Dev did and how much Maan supported Geet........

Not only women, everyone with selfrespect would never accept even Dev to come near Geet........

Edited by temorocks - 20 March 2011 at 12:13pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

-sann-serialwatcher16-pixie-RageOfAnAngel_Invincible_49erFanSilentsoulmysterygurl1427InfinitedreamsKrishna_Sourav

Go to top