Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged

I want to stay away from saas-bahu sagas: TV actress Smita

Sun, Mar 20 2011 8:51 IST | 0 Views | Add your comment
FONT SIZE: AAA SHARE:  
New Delhi, March 20

Television actress Smita Singh, popularly known as Punpunwali of the show "Bhagyavidhata", says she would like to keep away from saas-bahu sagas and may soon write scripts.

"I want to stay away from saas-bahu sagas. I never wanted to do this stereotype and cliched characters because they are very boring. Everything is same - same saris, same jewellery and same heavy make-upfor no reason. I could never find the connection," Smita told IANS.

Her show "Bhagyavidhata" started as an issued-based show where the premise was "pakadua shaadi", which quite rampant in some regions of Bihar. Eligible boys from decent families are kidnapped by girls' relatives and they are made to wed at gun point. But after a few months, the show has merely reduced to a saas-bahu drama.

Smita plays a mean sister-in-law of the protagonist in the show and this is not her first serial. She was earlier seen in "Kkusum" and "Woh Rehne Wali Mehlon Ki", but had to take a forced break after being diagnosed with skin cancer.

She loves playing vicious roles, but refuses to describe her characters as negative in "Bhagyavidhata".

"There is nothing called negative. A person is grey, who has both positive and negative traits," she said.

"Everyone considered Punpunwali's character negative, but I didn't find it so. If we look at the circumstances she was in, Punpunwali wanted to her brother-in-law to marry a girl from her native village and then she comes to know that he is forced to marry someone who is completely different from what she had thought. When she knows she has to live with her for entire life, negativities are bound to creep in," she said.

After "Bhagyavidhata", the actress will now be seen in Imagine TV's new show "Luteri Dulhan", inspired by real life bogus brides. Smita is happy to see that television is now moving over from saas-bahu sagas to real life stories.

"Over the years typical characters have changed and everything has become quite normal and storytelling has become quite realistic. The makers are trying to connect with the audiences with realistic content and if you can relate interest then develops automatically," she said.

Smita has a passion for writing and might start writing scripts. "I am myself very fond of writing. I may start writing soon," said the actress who also featured in the movie "Queen's Destiny Of Dance".

http://www.prokerala.com/news/articles/a209768.html

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

smartctvrasika

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 3:38am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article.

Smita is right in that PPW also was shown to have some positive traits. She absolutely adored her devar Vinay and was upset to see him forcibly married and then forced to accept that girl (Bindiya) as his wife.

What makes her a negative character s the extent to which PPW goes to face the situation. To be angry at ur devar's wife is one thing; to try to kill her is another. Thats why PPW s not a grey character. She is totally black!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

smartc

tvbuff211 Groupbie
tvbuff211
tvbuff211

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
What did she play in Kusum? I followed the whole serial, I cannot remember her at all.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top