Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
Hi Friends, Wow what a subject, I thought about this in the past, about Koki no really liking Gopi, I was always confused why she chose Gopi to be her Vahu if she didn't like her.
The episode that come to mind is after the fire Ahem carried Gopi to the room and then was about to offer water, Koki signaled Kinjle to take Ahem's place, so she really wanted someone who stayed in the back ground in Ahem's life so she wouldn't loose control over her son.
I think in the begining, This was supposed to be a typical saas Bahu drama, both fighting over who can come first in Ahem's affections, and the track changed.
Also I think all MIL and DIL go thru that initial period of adjustment, in some cases it works out in others it doesn't work, but our Gopi already had numerous strikes against her, before Ahem could learn her true nature, Koki, Kinjle and Rashi all made it so he didn't trust Gopi. so Gopi never had his support.
Another thought that came to my mind was Koki resented that Rashi married Jigar, she never like Rashi and saw thru her and Urmi's acts and wondered if Gopi was also involved, and that may have fueled her dislike, but slowly she has come to realize that Gopi is innocent who was not only emotionally abused, but may be physical too, and may be that is why she is supportive of Gopi.
She saw how Gopi stood by her during the Kinjle wedding fiasco and also realized that even if Ahem fell for Gopi and they were happy together, Gopi would never come between the mothe/ son relationship.

-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
What Im scared of is, say when Ahem does fall for Gopi, and starts giving more attention to her than Kokila, then how will she react?

Yuks

She will totally revert back to being insecure again, but not for long. I think Gopi will reassure her, have you noticed how many times Gopi when she finds Kokila unhappy she asks, is something the matter you look worried, when Kokila will not tell her, Gopi will take a guess and reassure her, even sitting on the floor to speak to Kokila, she makes herself small and gives Kokila the place of honor. 

suk19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Nafisa_blossoms

What Im scared of is, say when Ahem does fall for Gopi, and starts giving more attention to her than Kokila, then how will she react?

Yuks

She will totally revert back to being insecure again, but not for long. I think Gopi will reassure her, have you noticed how many times Gopi when she finds Kokila unhappy she asks, is something the matter you look worried, when Kokila will not tell her, Gopi will take a guess and reassure her, even sitting on the floor to speak to Kokila, she makes herself small and gives Kokila the place of honor. 

i dont think she will nafisa she might get insecure for a little while but you know our gopi  she will never let that happen, i dont think it will be kokila who causes the problems between aham n gopi more like rashi. 
simibrar1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

ya..its totally kokilas fault that gopi suffers and live without her husband and sacrifices..the thing is that kokila dont like her husband dont love him and at this piont she is selfish thinking..she share her feelings with her son ahem not her husband so thats why she dont want ahem and gopi come more near..but she dont think that she spoil two lives ..she play with his son and daugther inlaws gopis life...big karen yeh hain ke woh ahem or gopi ka ghar basana nahin chati kunki agar ahem ka ghar bas gayia tu ahem gopi or apne bachoo ke saath mast ho jaiga aur kokila ki position kam ho jaige..i think all this thinks are in the kokilas mind thats why gopi suffers a lot...

avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
If I were to analyse Koki's character she's a tough woman. Yes , she wanted a docile lamb for bahu & she got one. In arranged marriages every mother is scared of losing her position in the son's heart. It's a tug of war & slowly things fall into place.
At least she has realised her mistakes & trying to make amends. When Koki refused to open the door (during Kinjal's fiasco) Gopi came with aarti ( Our kind Ahem yelling at her) she spoke only to Gopi.She is proud of Gopi when she does something perfectly.When her mother asked about the two bahus she said both are good.Ek dhup hai to dusri chaon hai. Dono ki jharoorat hai.She's too caught up in khaandani izzat.

Yes ,I feel bad about  Anita & Ahem. Ahem should have stood his ground & refused to marry Gopi. That's true love& Koki would have come around lateras it happens in love marriages.
Poor Gopi kicked on all sides.