Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Evergreen Bollywood Holi Songs

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 8:34am | IP Logged

Evergreen Bollywood Holi Songs

12 hours ago by Roshni Devi

Besides Diwali, Holi is probably the most celebrated, and definitely the most colourful festival in India. And what adds to our festival cheer is how much more Bollywood adds to it with all the song, dance and drama associated with it. Traditionally Holi songs have always been a precursor to an important event in any Bollywood movie: be it the Thakur's confrontation with Jai-Veeru in Sholay or the blood curdling chase scene between Sunny Deol and Shah Rukh Khan in Darr.

Ang se ang lagana – Darr
Probably one of the most mischievous lyrics for Holi day, with lyrics like "bhige bhige tere badan se, jaise sholay lapka rahey hai," lyricist Anand Bakshi song in Darr (1993) hasn't left much to the imagination. And it's just as much fun to watch Juhi Chawla, Sunny Deol and Anupam Kher in the revelry with colours flying all around.  The fun lasts throughout the song, that is until Shah Rukh Khan makes his chilling appearance and smears a petrified Juhi with colours followed by the Shah Rukh and Sunny's chase scene.

Holi ke din – Sholay
A village rejoices to the advent of spring with their new protectors Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan in Sholay (1975). The buoyant villagers and the blossoming romance between Dharmendra and Hema Malini is adorable. Even the grumpy Sanjeev Kumar enjoys Holi ke din from the sidelines! With Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar behind the mike, you don't even need bhang to get a high!

Rang barse – Silsila
Amitabh Bachchan returns with another Holi song with Sanjeev Kumar and Jaya Bachchan, only this time there's Rekha to join the colourful extravaganza. The foot-tapping music of Shiv Hari to Amitabh Bachchan's sonorous voice is still a favourite at Holi parties.

Holi khele raghuveera awadh mein– Baghban
Amitabh Bachchan just cannot stop wooing the ladies on Holi! The Big B stands stiff competition to Hema Malini's thumkas and the rest of the clan behind them. Then there's the inimitable Bachchan's voice grooving to Aadesh Shrivastav's music.

Do me a favour – Waqt – Race Against Time
Okay, so Anu Malik's nasal tone may not have done the trick but Priyanka Chopra and Akshay Kumar's sensual act nailed it. Since there has to be an important event, its soon after the song that Amitabh banishes Priyanka and Akshay out of the house. And next time, we don't think you have to ask a "favour" to play holi!

Wishing you all a safe and happy holi!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RowdyBOSS-Humera-Cutiepie Rani

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:36am | IP Logged
i love all the songs posted above.

but to add to the list i also love this one:

Wishing everyone a very Happy Holi!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

mysticgoryfilmsruky786

RowdyBOSS Goldie
RowdyBOSS
RowdyBOSS

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:38am | IP Logged
My most Fav areDay Dreaming

Holi ke din – Sholay
A village rejoices to the advent of spring with their new protectors Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan in Sholay (1975). The buoyant villagers and the blossoming romance between Dharmendra and Hema Malini is adorable. Even the grumpy Sanjeev Kumar enjoys Holi ke din from the sidelines! With Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar behind the mike, you don't even need bhang to get a high!

Rang barse – Silsila
Amitabh Bachchan returns with another Holi song with Sanjeev Kumar and Jaya Bachchan, only this time there's Rekha to join the colourful extravaganza. The foot-tapping music of Shiv Hari to Amitabh Bachchan's sonorous voice is still a favourite at Holi parties.

Holi khele raghuveera awadh mein– Baghban
Amitabh Bachchan just cannot stop wooing the ladies on Holi! The Big B stands stiff competition to Hema Malini's thumkas and the rest of the clan behind them. Then there's the inimitable Bachchan's voice grooving to Aadesh Shrivastav's music.

Okay, so Anu Malik's nasal tone may not have done the trick but Priyanka Chopra and Akshay Kumar's sensual act nailed it. Since there has to be an important event, its soon after the song that Amitabh banishes Priyanka and Akshay out of the house. And next time, we don't think you have to ask a "favour" to play holi!

Wishing you all a safe and happy holi!

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged

This song is very catchy lol :P
WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:50am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
^^

What colour do you want to use? I never touched Holi because well I'm not a Hindu but anyway............

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by goneforever

Originally posted by ruky786

^^

What colour do you want to use? I never touched Holi because well I'm not a Hindu but anyway............

Blue is my favorite color!  What is your favorite color?  Embarrassed

OMG SAME HEREBig smileLOL

I love blue!!!!

WhipCreamPantie

Go to top