India-Forums

Dancing Competition or lifts Competition??? (Page 3)

Prud123 Senior Member
Prud123
Prud123

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Hmm not sure but from your post it seems like you havent seen previous DID seasons.Again this is just my assumption from your post because you said that DID is about Indian dances which its not.Its about finding the best dancer irrespective of the type of dance and including DID previous seasons Indian dances are perhaps the least performed form of dance.And of course contemporary doesnt mean lifts if you want a list of lift less performances done in DID -D here it goes
1)Tadap-Tadap-Amit-Falon contemporary(it just has one lift as far as i remember)
2)Hum-dum soniyo-Amit Falon Hip hop
3)Naina lagaya barishan-Amit Falon contemporary(one lift only)
4)Pyaar ki ek khahani-Amit Falon Flamenco(again one lift only)
there are such performances from other contestants also but since we are discussing amit-falon i thought of giving a list of their dances.And of course Radha-Krishan didnt dance like this if they danced like Radha-Krishan would have danced in that age it wouldnt be a DID level dance.Again the dance wasnt an imitation of Radha-Krishan but a dedication to them and there is a difference between the two.

Edited by Prud123 - 20 March 2011 at 3:04pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ThatOneGuy

phadukaran Senior Member
phadukaran
phadukaran

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
yes of course, you mis-understood and didn't read correctly, I said "More" of Indian Dance, I didn't say just "indian Dance".  and I never Mentioned "that Amit-and Falon only do lifts"  I said "their have to be limit of Lifts", and that is for everyone and not just one Double.  and that statement is more for the Radha-Krishna Dance.  and I have seen all the seasons of DID, all of them had more of Ballroom dance then Indian.  Because we have taken oath to not to promote dances of India.  I live in New York, and have seen most of the styles, and choreographed most of these Styles, so it's not new for me, but When i see a competition this cut-throat, i want to see more challenge, and more of Indian Dance, since the competition is in India.  

If you watch So you think You can Dance, do you see them doing Chinese Fan Dance or Dragon Dance, Bharat Natyam, Tap dance, Bollywood "All" the time,  no, because the show is based in U.S.A, and they want to keep it for the Audience based in U.S.A.  Yes, time and now they bring in different styles from other countries, but they keep it minimal. This is what I meant when i said Dance "India" Dance.  they should change the title to Dancing Stars, or something, if they want to refine and furnish dancing skills of common man.  
akanna IF-Rockerz
akanna
akanna

Posted: 22 March 2011 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mihirism

I know it gets so boring just like Shakti and Amar....even all they did was lifts Tongue  
At least Amit-Falon are doing way better and sharing way better chemistry Big smile hats off to them! 

Correction Mihir - Amar and Shakti didnt do just lifts! If you think Amit and Falon are doing better than Amar and Shakti, you should watch the videos of both pairs and then compare! Just because you didnt like Shakti, that doesnt mean you have to attack her dance when she did them all so well and with so much grace.. After all both Shakti and Falon are graduates from Terence's school, same as Punit, Mayuresh and Shampa.. All of them are great dancers and do good in lifts.. Amar and Shakti had such magic in their performance that I can watch their duets hundreds of times and still wish to see them again! And they have done a lot of floor dance too in their duets...

Mihir, I dont want to fight with you, but I dont get it as to why you dislike Shakti so much?? If you really like dance and dancers, Shakti will definitely qualify as a great dancer anyday!

Anjaani_Dastaan

ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by akanna

Mihir, I dont want to fight with you, but I dont get it as to why you dislike Shakti so much?? If you really like dance and dancers, Shakti will definitely qualify as a great dancer anyday!

Shakti to me in DID 2 was like Surya-Sneha to me in DID Doubles...every week I wished she was out but instead a good dancer would be gone Angry like Parvez, Kruti, D-sir, Jack, Amar and so many. And if that wasn't enough, she ended up winning Dead Can you imagine Surya-Sneha ending up winning? Plus I believe TL was veryy partial towards her...she got his best concepts which I hated.

Prud123

Spiahwe Groupbie
Spiahwe
Spiahwe

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 6:26am | IP Logged

Shakti to me in DID 2 was like Surya-Sneha to me in DID Doubles...every week I wished she was out but instead a good dancer would be gone Angry like Parvez, Kruti, D-sir, Jack, Amar and so many. And if that wasn't enough, she ended up winning Dead Can you imagine Surya-Sneha ending up winning? Plus I believe TL was veryy partial towards her...she got his best concepts which I hated.

I did not see the entire DID 2 but i did see the finals and i saw the dances one episode b4 that. Shakti did get a good concept from TL. The one with the patriotic song. There was a group dance on the last day and i thought of all the finalist Shakti did a very bad job. She might have been good throughout the season but that one dance was so bad. I was surprised that she won.

Sorry to offend whoever i may have but that what i felt.

ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Spiahwe

I did not see the entire DID 2 but i did see the finals and i saw the dances one episode b4 that. Shakti did get a good concept from TL. The one with the patriotic song. There was a group dance on the last day and i thought of all the finalist Shakti did a very bad job. She might have been good throughout the season but that one dance was so bad. I was surprised that she won.

Sorry to offend whoever i may have but that what i felt.

General public always appreciate patriotic concepts no matter what Tongue plus she had regional language songs which attracted voters from every region to vote Wink for example my mom never liked her, but after the gujju section of the song, my mom was insisting me to vote for her LOL
akanna IF-Rockerz
akanna
akanna

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 9:47am | IP Logged

No Mihir, she was way better than Surya-Sneha.. You cannot compare apples with oranges... I agree Kruti was better than her, and I would have loved to see Kruti stay until the finale, and TL did too.. Whatever you think, the truth is that one elimination that broke TL's heart in DID2 was of Kruti, and then of Amar.. I never felt he was partial towards Shakti, I never understood why a misunderstanding like that came up?! TL gave the best concepts to Kruti if you notice the earlier episodes until Kruti's elimination.. After that Shakti was the only girl left in his team and so she got the best concepts for a female dancer.. She showed dedication and executed all of them very well too.. In  my eyes, she was the most deserving among the four finalists!!!

Honestly, the same way I felt Kruti was better than Shakti, Dharmesh was never better than Shakti or Amar or Kruti or Amrita!! No offense Mihir, but looking at dance alone and from the POV of someone who knows dance and dance forms, Dharmesh was a weak contestant with strength only in one style which is his own forte... I had nothing against him, but I like to speak the truth in the name of dance, not intended for a fight.. I had no regional bias for any dancers, because I didnt come from anyone's region I had liked, and the ones who came from my region didnt impress me!! When it comes to dance and music, I care less about regions!!

Anjaani_Dastaan

akanna IF-Rockerz
akanna
akanna

Posted: 23 March 2011 at 9:49am | IP Logged

General public always appreciate patriotic concepts no matter what Tongue plus she had regional language songs which attracted voters from every region to vote Wink for example my mom never liked her, but after the gujju section of the song, my mom was insisting me to vote for her LOL

I dont know about patriotic songs and public voting as I never voted for anyone based on that! But I dont get which regional language songs you are talking about that Shakti had done?? For me all her songs were Hindi or related to Hindi since they were from Bollywood movies! Never saw her perform on some song that was in a totally different language from Hindi... If she had performed on some song from the South or Bengali or the like, this would have made sense to me...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index