India-Forums

Dancing Competition or lifts Competition??? (Page 2)

phadukaran Senior Member
phadukaran
phadukaran

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 9:45am | IP Logged
but it is insulting to watch someone in Radha-Krishna costume and doing lifts and having intimating expressions,.  

Prud123 Senior Member
Prud123
Prud123

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Well i agree with you too spiahwe there should be a good mixture of dance and lifts now whether lifts should be more or dance i cant say i think it depends on dance to dance.But yes there should be a good mixture of both.A pure dance without lifts can be a little boring and also only lifts and no pure dance can be boring.And as far as Amit-Falon are concerned i think their dance has a good mixture of two and they have even done some dances with minimum lifts like their hip hop with no lifts or Flamenco and Jazz with one lift.And i also agree that their Radha-Krishna act only had lifts but i love beautiful lifts as i said i think lifts are a form of dance but yes because of so many lifts in it i wouldn't rate it as one of their best but i wouldn't call it acrobatics or circus as well.
Prud123 Senior Member
Prud123
Prud123

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
How was that act insulting to Radha -Krishan.They did it with such grace and respect
zaabemard Senior Member
zaabemard
zaabemard

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged
next week mithun will spin geeta on one finger to show graceful lifts are done

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

onizuka

zaabemard Senior Member
zaabemard
zaabemard

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged
If you hate lifts, lift your TV and throw it out of the window in protest.
ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
I know it gets so boring just like Shakti and Amar....even all they did was lifts Tongue  

At least Amit-Falon are doing way better and sharing way better chemistry Big smile hats off to them! 

Prud123

Prud123 Senior Member
Prud123
Prud123

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
I agree with you Mihir in DID season1 salman did wonderful lifts and he won,in season 2 shakti and amar did wonderful lifts and they always got POTD  and shakti won.I am not saying these people won because of their lifts,they are fab dancers but lifts were always an integral part of their dance.So if it was ok for them to do lifts  the same rule should apply to Amit-Falon

Anjaani_Dastaan

phadukaran Senior Member
phadukaran
phadukaran

Posted: 20 March 2011 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
No body is saying don't do lifts, but then audience have to understand, that when they do Bachata, or Merengue it will involve lot more then just lifts, Then audience/Janta shouldn't complain that it was Vulgar.  and i thought show is suppose to be different from JDJ, because Concept of Jhalak is to have mostly ballroom dancing, which involves lifts, and all.  And I thought DID is Dance "India" Dance, where we are suppose to be seeing more of Indian Dance, and less of Ballroom.  

And Again I don't have any problem with Cornali, or Veeku Neeku, or Amit Falon.  Matter of Fact, I look for Variety of lifts, they all present in each episode, but yaar, there has to be limit of it.  For once we want to see Liftless performance.   Contemporary don't necessary have to have Lifts.  There are other forms, that require lifts, or it will look Fikha,.  That is my Two cents towards this topic.  

and again to me it was insulting to Krishna and Radha, because, Krishna and Radha were pure, and didn't do such dance very closely like Amit & Falon.  and if we don't look at costume, i think the concept was great.  

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index