Chandragupta Maurya
Chandragupta Maurya

India-Forums

Why did Chanakya make a hole in the pot!

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Dear Friends,

Lets ponder with some answers as what made Chanakya make a hole in the waterpot Chandragupta was carrying!!  I have my own conclusion as to one of the following ;

1)  He wanted to make the challenge tougher as Chandragupta had to have some water left in the pot when he reaches the end.....

2)  He wanted to reduce some burden from the 'shikari' as the poor man otherwise would have to give a whole lot of new amenities to the slaves!!

Your thoughts please...love Tin

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhithakurAmor.vik rocksshwetha85Cuty16rinku4uSinha18cjs369Vishakha_Sakhi

rinku4u IF-Dazzler
rinku4u
rinku4u

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tintiny

Dear Friends,

Lets ponder with some answers as what made Chanakya make a hole in the waterpot Chandragupta was carrying!!  I have my own conclusion as to one of the following ;

1)  He wanted to make the challenge tougher as Chandragupta had to have some water left in the pot when he reaches the end.....

2)  He wanted to reduce some burden from the 'shikari' as the poor man otherwise would have to give a whole lot of new amenities to the slaves!!

Your thoughts please...love Tin

Perfect  Tin ... i think  Chanakya wanted to see  the skills of CGM ... but i dont think he wanted to lessen the burden , coz he made the hole towards the lower-end of the pot , by which there will be no water left in the pot.

I think  CGM will run faster now  to reach to the peak  & at the same time will prevent water from falling  by his hand .

May be Chanakya wanted to analyse how does CGM handle tough situations coz he will be trained as an Emperor not King ...
Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhithakurvik rocksshwetha85FishfishVishakha_Sakhi

shwetha85 Goldie
shwetha85
shwetha85

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Hi Tin,Smile

Good Point to be raised for a discussion!Thumbs Up

In my point of view definitely Acharya Chanakya wanted to make the challenge tough for Chandragupt but the other side is that he had taken the Shikari into confidence that he would prove it to him that divide and rule works the best and took this opportunity to test Chandragupt. He threw the stone at the pot because first to make it tough for chandragupt secondly to keep the Shikari grounded and believe that there is a possibility of him to win at this juncture too...Remember last time he said Bemani this time he cannot use that word!!! That is Chanakya Niti Big smile

Edited by shwetha85 - 18 March 2011 at 11:33pm

ridhithakurvik rocksFishfishrinku4uVishakha_Sakhi

rinku4u IF-Dazzler
rinku4u
rinku4u

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 12:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shwetha85

Hi Tin,Smile

Good Point to be raised for a discussion!Thumbs Up

In my point of view definitely Acharya Chanakya wanted to make the challenge tough for Chandragupt but the other side is that he had taken the Shikari into confidence that he would prove it to him that divide and rule works the best and took this opportunity to test Chandragupt. He threw the stone at the pot because first to make it tough for chandragupt secondly to keep the Shikari grounded and believe that there is a possibility of him to win at this juncture too...Remember last time he said Bemani this time he cannot use that word!!! That is Chanakya Niti Big smile

exactly ShwethaClapClapClap

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhithakurshwetha85FishfishVishakha_Sakhi

RoseFairy IF-Dazzler
RoseFairy
RoseFairy

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged
i think he wanted to make the challenge more tough for chandragupta...

ridhithakurshwetha85Fishfishrinku4uVishakha_Sakhi

theoptimistic Senior Member
theoptimistic
theoptimistic

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Just another thought. Chanakya was a very shrewd diplomat.He hit the pot at very last moment thus the water level will reduce & make the pot lighter  making the task bit easier.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhithakurFishfishrinku4u

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Hmmm, good point.....I missed watching the episode today ...but will catch up with the updates to know the real answer!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhithakurrinku4u

rinku4u IF-Dazzler
rinku4u
rinku4u

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by theoptimistic

Just another thought. Chanakya was a very shrewd diplomat.He hit the pot at very last moment thus the water level will reduce & make the pot lighter  making the task bit easier.

yes yesSmile bilkul sahi  yeh bhi ho sakta haiSmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ridhithakurFishfish

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index