Posted: 13 years ago
Shahrukh Khan quits Twitter
Written by Deepika Singh | Editor: Swati Rohatgi   
Friday, 18 March 2011 23:08

Earlier Shahrukh Khan was a frequent user of social networking sites, especially twitter. He has more than 8 lakh followers on twitter and was loved by his followers dearly. However, despite being active on it the King Khan is now mulling over the thought of quitting it. The reason behind it is that he is fed up of the nasty comments which he found on twitter, posted by his followers.

Recently Shahrukh revealed the reason for quitting twitter and other social networking sites on a TV show. While blogging and tweeting Shahrukh used to share a lot of his personal moments, from the images of his family to his worries at film shoots. On being asked by FilmiTadka SRK said, "As an actor and as a celebrity, I often come across people who look into my eye and ask me embarrassing questions at press conferences. However, I don't have any option other than putting up a smiling face and replying to the questions even if I am upset or angry. It has been happening since 20 years and it happened even during my interactions on Twitter. But I am socially inept, I don't know how to handle relationships and am not very good at dealing with such questions and therefore I thought it would be best to quit."

Someone posted an offensive comment about him that Shahrukh comes on Twitter only to promote his films. About the comment Shahrukh said, "There were comments that 'Oh he only comes on Twitter when he wants to promote his films'. Well with all due respect to everyone, I want to say that 8-10 lakh do not make a film hit."

good...never come back....or u will be thrown out again 😆
these poeple are disgusting..

come on whats wrong with u .. who ever asked and tweeted SRK..
thats jsut so full of non respect ..
why bother follow him ..

he doesnt cancel it, its still there.

he lost interest and he was so regular, not some one who used it just for films like amir khan.

amir khan too didn't tweet for long time, may be he only uses it for his movies. SRK should do the  same...but again i agree, 10 lack people don't make a movie hit?

its funny how SRK's twitter account make news always, others accounts didnt even make a notice..

iamsrk

excited with thought of ra.one teaser 10 seconds tomorrow & 30 seconds from 24th on espn star. had promised will show here first. wil try

So he is backkk i guess!!! I dont like when they make big drama about quitting it..So all his objections are rectified??
Edited by cinema-goer - 13 years ago
He still had it?.....SRK please make up your mind
Originally posted by koolchick

He still had it?.....SRK please make up your mind
He did..Now he is back😆
Originally posted by cinema-goer

iamsrk

excited with thought of ra.one teaser 10 seconds tomorrow & 30 seconds from 24th on espn star. had promised will show here first. wil try

So he is backkk i guess!!! I dont like when they make big drama about quitting it..So all his objections are rectified??

well his films are coming out in few days........toh publicity karna banta hai naa isliye.........
😆 seriously after all the whining that he left bc ppl accused him he only tweeted when his film was about to release he choses now to come back a few days before his films promo comes out not so smart of a move 
Someone posted an offensive comment about him that Shahrukh comes on Twitter only to promote his films. About the comment Shahrukh said, "There were comments that 'Oh he only comes on Twitter when he wants to promote his films'. Well with all due respect to everyone, I want to say that 8-10 lakh do not make a film hit.

And now he is back.

"excited with thought of ra.one teaser 10 seconds tomorrow & 30 seconds from 24th on espn star. had promised will show here first. wil try"

😆😆🤪