Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Deepika and Sonam are best friends forever?

bollygossipgirl thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Deepika and Sonam are best friends forever?

The glam girl of Bollywood, Sonam Kapoor has grown out of dad's shadow and is now conquering new heights. In a heart to heart with Lipika Varma, the beauty talks about friends and foes in B-town and everything else under the sun.

Sonam Kapoor is only a few films old but in her brief career so far, she has tasted success, courted controversy, ticked off co-stars and celeb writers with her frank comments and has been linked with an actor and a director so far. Phew, a lot of water under the bridge for one so young you might say.

But Sonam is not worried. She continues to be herself and in a world of plastic smiles and fake friendships, she comes across like a breath of fresh air.

As we get chatting with her, she opens up about her work and her life. At the moment, very excited about her upcoming film Sonam says, "I am doing Thank You with Anees Bazmee, who I know from my childhood days. I feel at home on the sets of Thank You. Aneesji is like a family member to me. Working with Akshay, Suniel and Bobby is  great  fun. While Akshay and Suniel are prompt with their jokes and make me laugh on the sets, Bobby is a shy person."

We ask about her role and she says, "I play the role of Bobby's wife and then comes the Casanova… you need to guess who that is.  Akshay plays the Casanova and he keeps flirting with all the heroines in the film."

But for all her candour about Thank You, she is unwilling to talk about Mausam. Our questions are avoided and she talks about her passion for vintage clothes and sartorial style instead. Sonam is a blend of beauty and intelligence and can get into the skin of the character she portrays on screen. She confesses that being an actor she pays more importance to looking the way her character should look rather than looking glamorous.

"I played de-glam roles in Saawariya and Delhi 6 as was the demand of the script and the character. But in Aisha I played a fashionable girl and I had to play her convincingly, so I got the uber chic look. I had to represent the style sensibilities of a modern and a stylish woman, and be a person the audience could relate to who was always well dressed. In my latest film Thank You too, my dresses are fashionable, modern yet simple at times. And yet, they are very comfortable. So I needed to dress that way. I change my look according to the character I play. I am not here to wear good clothes and look pretty on screen, but to act. Off screen I am like any other young girl. But I usually appreciate and adhere to a style that is feminine and ethereal."

Further updating us about her fetish for collecting vintage clothes, Sonam adds, "People collect stamps and coins and stuff, can't I collect clothes? I was travelling once and saw a vintage store which had a brand called Jaeger. The outfit must have been about 20 years old; it had a pink piping. It cost me 30 pounds. That is like trash money. People who understand its importance will tell you that it must cost 1000-2000 pounds. If you really have an eye for it, you will appreciate it. It's like collecting art. My mom bought a Sabawala painting about 25 years ago and must have got it for Rs 25,000. Now it is sold for Rs 1.5 crores.

She is very passionate about these clothes as she reveals, "I preserve these dresses. I have a green Chanel dress that I wore in Aisha. I got it from a store called Frock in New York that sells vintage antique clothes. I had to take such good care of it. I would remove it after every shot because it starts wearing off. My dad was like, tum purane kapde kyun pehenti ho?"

Moving on from clothes to men, we ask her about the kind of man she would choose as a life partner. And Sonam knows her mind as she immediately says, "My man has to be a mix of three things – he needs to be smart, shy and good looking."

Sonam's passion for clothes also reveals an interest in designing. We get cheeky and ask her what look would she give her co-stars like Ranbir Kapoor, Akshay Kumar and Abhay Deol? She says, "Ranbir has a sleek and a fit body. I would give him a geeky look! Akshay I would definitely dress with a smart jacket and Abhay is a laid back guy. I would like to dress him in casuals because that is what he loves to wear."

We then move on to her female colleagues. There were rumours of friction and cold vibes between Sonam and Deepika Padukone, what with Ranbir being the common factor between the two. We ask if they are friends now? She retorts, "What do you mean friends now? We are from the same field. When we are working together we meet each other and once the film is completed we hardly meet. In fact we are all friends in this industry. Deepika and I came close during Karan Johar's chat show and we are friends now."

And the same diplomacy is maintained when we move on to her love life. Sonam is rumoured to be dating MTV VJ Cyrus Sahukar, who was part of the movie Delhi 6, Aisha and Thank You. However, she ignores our query and says, "Next question please."

All we can say is this girl knows how the Bollywood game works and if she can make a mark with her acting, she can well reach the top.

http://www.emirates247.com/entertainment/deepika-and-sonam-are-best-friends-forever-2011-03-17-1.369020

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antlers thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I collect vinyl records! :D 

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: bollygossipgirl

"Deepika and I came close during Karan Johar's chat show and we are friends now."

Really now? 🤔 WHAT in the world is wrongggg with this girl  Her equations with people change from day to day. Sometimes Ranbir is a childhood friend, chaddi buddy then not a friend...Just yesterday Deepika wasn't her friend aur ab? 😆

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
😕eh? Usne aapna irada badal diya? Her and DP are friends?
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
LOL she was over-diplomatic... nothing in the article gives evidence of her being deeps' best frnd! :P
LOL
she came a lil close 2 sonam a "little" in KWK... thts it!? LOL theyre soo not CLOSE to being BFFs! :P
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I would rather commit suicide than read this article.
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

W*F

I think Sonam is a GAJINI fan, so she is having that  SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS

TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Salma2

W*F

I think Sonam is a GAJINI fan, so she is having that  SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS

🤣
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Cyrus AND her??? HAHAHAHAHA🤣 MATCHMADE IN HEAVEN
Originally posted by: sheee

I would rather commit suicide than read this article.

😆

You're back from Mandarin already?