Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Not_a_fan thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I see that a lot of people here think that coz she "attempts" to manipulate for others sake, it's ok. She's not at fault and only being foolish. Do you guys seriously think so? She's causing serious harm to a lot of people along the way due to her attempts at manipulation for Manav and others--Shravani maybe, Jaywant and Madhuri definitely. She created an obsessive enemy out of Jaywant and she's letting Madhuri destroy her only security by her attempts. Do you guys think that is only foolishness and is hence, okay?
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sowmya_jairam

Archana is definitely manipulative. Does the fact that she does it for Manav or her family make it not-manipulation? I dont think so. In real life. everybody manipulates to some extent. But when it directly or indirectly harms others is when it's wrong. Madhuri has known about Vaishali for some time now--did she think about divorcing Dharmesh till now? She didnt coz she had no financial securit and a sick child then, and she has no financial security and a sick child and another on the way now. So nothing has changed for her, right? She started thinking about it when Archana told her that Vaishu couldnt do anything coz of her illegal status. Lets say Archana didnt mean to manipulate ,Madz-she told her off-the-cuff. But once Madz told her of her intention,D= did she then persuade Madhuri not to divorce Dharmesh? Obviously she thinks that a wife should go back to her husband irrespective of how he is, then if she wants Vaishali to go back, doesnt the same rule apply to Madhuri? She clearly wants what she thinks is best for her sister and family, she doesnt care what happens to others for that to happen. And she may not have done it knowingly, but this was definite manipulation on her part. She got Madz thinking along the lines of legal status, and then she encouraged her to follow that decision---for her sister, not for Madhuri herself.

Excellent point SJ ๐Ÿ‘
Not_a_fan thumbnail

[/QUOTE]

Edited by sowmya_jairam - 13 years ago
omshreejaanu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Archana is definitely manipulative. Does the fact that she does it for Manav or her family make it not-manipulation? I dont think so. In real life. everybody manipulates to some extent. But when it directly or indirectly harms others is when it's wrong. Madhuri has known about Vaishali for some time now--did she think about divorcing Dharmesh till now? She didnt coz she had no financial securit and a sick child then, and she has no financial security and a sick child and another on the way now. So nothing has changed for her, right? She started thinking about it when Archana told her that Vaishu couldnt do anything coz of her illegal status. Lets say Archana didnt mean to manipulate ,Madz-she told her off-the-cuff. But once Madz told her of her intention,D= did she then persuade Madhuri not to divorce Dharmesh? Obviously she thinks that a wife should go back to her husband irrespective of how he is, then if she wants Vaishali to go back, doesnt the same rule apply to Madhuri? She clearly wants what she thinks is best for her sister and family, she doesnt care what happens to others for that to happen. And she may not have done it knowingly, but this was definite manipulation on her part. She got Madz thinking along the lines of legal status, and then she encouraged her to follow that decision---for her sister, not for Madhuri herself.

I get ur point Sowmya n i'll try 2 b as fair as possible here.
Of course it is wrong 2 manipulate even if it 4 Manav's sake. I agree with u she has manipulated knowingly n unknowingly too. In Shrav n Jaywant case it was deliberate, she was very responsible in making them dreams as i said in my previous posts.. Shrav ended hating her coz she was ever present in Manav's n her life n started her mission of "get Shav n Manav married" despite her not wanting her around. It was very wrong coz although her intentions were gud it was causing harm 2 the person concerned.
As 4 Jaywant, he is obsessed with her 4 the same reason. She made him weave dreams of him n her in wedding locks, threw Manav in his face every opportunity she gets without realising how she is hurting the male's ego. 2day Jaywant is a lost man. She has manipulated him n played with his feelings. Wrong again
But where i'll give her benefit of doubt is in Mads' case. She didn't extend her helping hands with scheming n plotting in her head. She cant think that far. Wat is unfortunate n we shud condemn is her backing up her decision. N if she cares 4 her n understands her as a woman n wat she is going thru, she shud have refused 2 go along n support her in divorcing 4 Vaishu. I personally dont approve of this n many Archu fans do think this way too. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Being fan doesn't mean loving a character crazily. It is very upsetting at least 4 me, 2 c a woman thinking the way Archana does but Mads is also 2 b blamed. She is not a doodh piti bacchi that we have 2 put the entire blame on others. She is a mother of a sick child n gonna have another one. She must think of her n their future not b overflowed with emotions. If she wants 2 divorce the fraud, drag him 2 court n get alimony 4 ur kids n let him decide wat he'll do nex or if Vaishu will go again 2 him, that will b their problem. Why come with solution 4 others sake n become a mahaanta ki murti n crying like a dukhi atma 2 get sympathy?
Anyway I dont sympathise with ppl who axe their own foot n then cry. I didn't when Archu did it, when Savita did it n not even now when Mads is doing it.

Thanks 4 commenting dear
omshreejaanu thumbnail
Originally posted by: shootingstar27

Interesting topic Jaanu ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ this shows that Archu fans are not blind supporters ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMO, Archu is an extremely foolish girl, who means well but comes across as overly interfering because of that. She is too naive to be manipulative. She doesn't have that mean streak in her. I completely agree with Tanya di's analysis on her.

Thank u Omana. Interesting topic indeed n i c most Archu fans being as fair as possible condemning wats wrong n supporting wats right. We must b proud of ourselves๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Tany di's analysis was bang on. She has been quite objective.
Omana many think i'm mostly an Archu fan but actually i'm not. Initially i was more an ArMan lover n their love story made me๐Ÿ˜ n i loved the way Manav wud gaze at Archu n wud shy away unable 2 express himself ...๐Ÿ˜ณ Their chemistry has always been laajawaab๐Ÿ˜›
Then came the Shrav track n Archu staying at the Ds. I hated wimp Manav esp his putting of sindoor on Shrav maang on his mom insistence๐Ÿคข I hated both 4 the divorce n their shameless MF n i was even 4 Jay - Archu angle coz i really liked the man. I hated how they treated him during the engagement...
They behaved like humans 4 once n decided 2 b honest abt their feeling n 2 give themselves another chance n me who was getting so pissed off of their bloody mahaanta was again happy. Why marry ppl u dont love n ruin 4 lives? I suported them n till then i have supported Archu coz she has decided 2 help herself n put herself in front, instead of others. I'm still liking her n Manav too. Their pasts goofs up are past 4 me. I'll start afresh. Yesterday Archu was pathetic n here i am blaming her foolishness n her 17th century mentality.๐Ÿ˜Š

Not_a_fan thumbnail
I get ur point Sowmya n i'll try 2 b as fair as possible here.
Of course it is wrong 2 manipulate even if it 4 Manav's sake. I agree with u she has manipulated knowingly n unknowingly too. In Shrav n Jaywant case it was deliberate, she was very responsible in making them dreams as i said in my previous posts.. Shrav ended hating her coz she was ever present in Manav's n her life n started her mission of "get Shav n Manav married" despite her not wanting her around. It was very wrong coz although her intentions were gud it was causing harm 2 the person concerned.
As 4 Jaywant, he is obsessed with her 4 the same reason. She made him weave dreams of him n her in wedding locks, threw Manav in his face every opportunity she gets without realising how she is hurting the male's ego. 2day Jaywant is a lost man. She has manipulated him n played with his feelings. Wrong again
But where i'll give her benefit of doubt is in Mads' case. She didn't extend her helping hands with scheming n plotting in her head. She cant think that far. Wat is unfortunate n we shud condemn is her backing up her decision. N if she cares 4 her n understands her as a woman n wat she is going thru, she shud have refused 2 go along n support her in divorcing 4 Vaishu. I personally dont approve of this n many Archu fans do think this way too. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Being fan doesn't mean loving a character crazily. It is very upsetting at least 4 me, 2 c a woman thinking the way Archana does but Mads is also 2 b blamed. She is not a doodh piti bacchi that we have 2 put the entire blame on others. She is a mother of a sick child n gonna have another one. She must think of her n their future not b overflowed with emotions. If she wants 2 divorce the fraud, drag him 2 court n get alimony 4 ur kids n let him decide wat he'll do nex or if Vaishu will go again 2 him, that will b their problem. Why come with solution 4 others sake n become a mahaanta ki murti n crying like a dukhi atma 2 get sympathy?
Anyway I dont sympathise with ppl who axe their own foot n then cry. I didn't when Archu did it, when Savita did it n not even now when Mads is doing it.

Thanks 4 commenting dear
[/QUOTE]

I am not sure about the underlined part. The sequence of events was this- Archu was horrible to Madz until Dharmesh's truth was exposed, then she became friendly and mentioned to Madz about Vaishu being in trouble coz of her illegal status, then Archu brought Madz along with her  to inform her family that Madz wanted to divorce Dharmu for Vaishali. And I see that as Archu being involved and atleast unintentionally manipulative. And please dont think I'm an Archu hater-I actually liked her when she went to help Madhuri, a stranger when she was taken in for questioning by police. I also liked her befriending Madhuri and thought that she was being genuinely friendly once the Dharmesh situation was calmed down. But when she came along with Madhuri to tell her sister that she can go back to Dharmesh coz Madz is divorcing him is when I hated it. And I totally agree that Madz is at fault too. She is also to blame for her stupid decision. But I only talked about Archana being manipulative since that was the topic of discussion. I would have totally supported Madz's foolishness if somebody had posted a topic on it. And it's refreshing to see that Archu fans can also agree that she may be wrong and she was manipulative in Jaywant and Shravani situations. ๐Ÿ˜Š
shootingstar27 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Just thought of sharing my views  

Shrav issue โ€“ Archu said she will step out of the way and let Shrav marry Manav but neither she nor Manav ever said they are going to stop loving each other. In fact Archu keeps emphasising how much she loves him and Manav too told Shrav many many times that she is his responsibility and she should except anything more. As far as MF is concerned, it takes two to tango, Manav is just as guilty as Archu when they went gallivanting all around Mumbai despite their promises to Shrav If Archu was manipulative she would have not have agreed to the divorce, manipulate Shrav in handing over the baby as NO ONE in the D household genuinely cared for Shrav (Sav aai was only interested in baby Sachu and Shrav's money) and lived happily instead she agreed to the divorce, packed her bags and left because she thought it was for the best. Manav gets to fulfil his promise,  Sav aai gets the baby and money she always dreamed of and Shrav gets a life. The only person who didn't manipulate Shrav was Damo baba, he made his preference for Archu clear from day one, all the others did manipulate her to some extent. The way I saw it, Archu gave more importance to Shrav's life and happiness than her own  ,took good care  despite the verbal abuses flung at her each day and was the least manipulative compared to Sav aai and Manav.   

Jaywant issue- Her only reason for agreeing was because of Manav's emotional blackmail. Even then she put Shrav first instead of her own happiness.

After knowing Jaywant's true colors she still did not break up the marriage as she feels guilty as her family accused her of causing pain and embarrassment to them. So she turned lifeless and was willing to sacrifice her life just to keep Shrav and her family happy. How is she manipulative here? If she was she would have beaten Jaywant in his own game, exposed him and the marriage would be broken.

Archu's problem is she puts her loved ones on a pedestal and is very protective of them. She doesn't question their decision and would bend over backwards just to please them. First her mom now Manav She also lacks foresight, she agreed to marrying Jaywant and did all the pre wedding rituals only when she heard the neighbour ladies talking about SR did she panic and it hit her that after marriage she has to be physically intimate with Jaywant. When Satish encouraged her to run away, she just fled to Manav' s  mandap, again without thinking of the consequences. Manav and Shrav could have married by the time she reached but all this doesn't register in her brain. Even when Sav aai was questioning why she was there and did she come to break up the marriage she said no and I believe her, she is so used to thinking for others that even though she knows she can't leave without Manav she won't stop his marriage to Shrav. She will just stand there and watch, weep and maybe hurt herself.     

To me she is an emotional fool who uses her heart to think which makes her extremely foolish not manipulative.  

omshreejaanu thumbnail

But where i'll give her benefit of doubt is in Mads' case. She didn't extend her helping hands with scheming n plotting in her head. She cant think that far.

I am not sure about the underlined part. The sequence of events was this- Archu was horrible to Madz until Dharmesh's truth was exposed, then she became friendly and mentioned to Madz about Vaishu being in trouble coz of her illegal status, then Archu brought Madz along with her  to inform her family that Madz wanted to divorce Dharmu for Vaishali. And I see that as Archu being involved and atleast unintentionally manipulative. And please dont think I'm an Archu hater-I actually liked her when she went to help Madhuri, a stranger when she was taken in for questioning by police. I also liked her befriending Madhuri and thought that she was being genuinely friendly once the Dharmesh situation was calmed down. But when she came along with Madhuri to tell her sister that she can go back to Dharmesh coz Madz is divorcing him is when I hated it. And I totally agree that Madz is at fault too. She is also to blame for her stupid decision. But I only talked about Archana being manipulative since that was the topic of discussion. I would have totally supported Madz's foolishness if somebody had posted a topic on it. And it's refreshing to see that Archu fans can also agree that she may be wrong and she was manipulative in Jaywant and Shravani situations. ๐Ÿ˜Š
[/QUOTE]
Unaware of Dhramesh truth, it was understandable that Archu wud behave badly with Mads. Who wud b nice 2 a woman who has caused havoc in ur sister's life? But the minute she got 2 know the truth she went 2 apologise n since then has never stopped supporting n helping  her. (a gud quality in Archu indeed)
Now coming 2 her implication n role in Mads foolish decision, i'll go easy n say she didn't mean 2 manipulate her or mahe her feel guilty. But may b Archu's niceness towards her did have an effect on her. I'll explain Archu's backing Mads decision as the regressive n the self depreciating attitude she has n which rule her life. Not manipulation. But i'd like 2 wait till Monday 2 c wat she has 2 say now 2 conclude coz Archu is a very mess up character u may never know how the Cvs will mould  her in the nex epi๐Ÿ˜Š

@ bold
ArMan's goofs up in these 2 ppl's lives cannot b overlooked Sawmya (i hope i can call u like this๐Ÿ˜Š)
but here again each character has its share of responsibilty in the whole mess
Not_a_fan thumbnail
Originally posted by: shootingstar27

Jaywant issue- Her only reason for agreeing was because of Manav's emotional blackmail. Even then she put Shrav first instead of her own happiness.

After knowing Jaywant's true colors she still did not break up the marriage as she feels guilty as her family accused her of causing pain and embarrassment to them. So she turned lifeless and was willing to sacrifice her life just to keep Shrav and her family happy. How is she manipulative here? If she was she would have beaten Jaywant in his own game, exposed him and the marriage would be broken.

To me she is an emotional fool who uses her heart to think which makes her extremely foolish not manipulative.  

Shootingstar27, I'll ask the same question I asked in my previous post on this thread. Because she did it for Manav, was it ok that she got engaged and lead a man on with dreams of a marital life when she had no intention of being committed to him. Bear in mind that he knew about her first marriage only and not all the history between ARMAN and came to really love her, and she did not know that he had bad intentions until the day of marriage. Did she act as Jaywant's fiance until the day of her marriage when she eloped. No, she did not. She openly flirted with Manav even after being engaged with Jaywant and due to that reason, Jaywant started hating Manav so much. That is the fact. So was Archana correct in manipulating Jaywant for Manav's happiness or Shravani's happiness of XYZ's happiness? Was she only naive? Did she even ask a sorry to Jaywant after leading him on till the day of marriage and humiliating him in front of family and friends?Nope, she did not. I will go as far as to say she is both manipulative and somehwat selfish in that she cannot see beyond the people she loves and doesnt care how many people are harmed to make sure that the people she love are fine. Whether she does it for herself or others is a moot point, the actions are hers so she is manipulative.
Not_a_fan thumbnail
@ bold
ArMan's goofs up in these 2 ppl's lives cannot b overlooked Sawmya (i hope i can call u like this๐Ÿ˜Š)
but here again each character has its share of responsibilty in the whole mess
[/QUOTE]

Omshreejaanu, of course you can call me Sowmya. I would love it if Archana can somehow turn around and tell everybody that she only wanted to inform everybody of Madz's decision, but she does not want Madz to divorce Dharmesh for Vaishali's sake nor does she want Vaishali to go back to Dharmu. I will applaud Archana then. But I dont have hopes of that happening, so until then I'll stick to my stand of her being manipulative ๐Ÿ˜Š. Coming to Shravani's and Jaywant's faults in the pertinent situations, I agree Shravani was at some fault and also that she was in the know from the beginning. But Jaywant was innocent---I'm not saying he was a good man, but he did not know that Archana agreed to marry him only coz of Manav, he did not know that she still loved Manav and had no intentions of committing to him. He really loved her once she became his fiance and his hatred for Manav was because of Archana. That Jaywant was bad doesnt make Archana foolish or naive or innocent in leading him on.