Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Critics' Corner #9;26th March epi-pg 122-DTNote 55 (Page 18)

saaaz IF-Dazzler
saaaz
saaaz

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
@Zennn,...generally agreed with most of your analysis except this one

, i feel the way shaan stated his fears was not done seriously enough. he said those things in a drift, so one couldn't be really sure whether he actually meant what he was saying or was this just another way to convince khanak of not becoming pregnant.

..I actually thought the CVS bungled up big time by not giving Khanak a response that would actually made this scene the most pivotal in this whole track.,,lines that would show her sensitive and considerate nature...true to her character...Shaan laid it out all there...I think Shilpa said it very well here....he states he is scared, he has no career, he is afraid she will not pay attention to him and afraid for her....jeez how much more serious than that?

Anyways...more importantly missy,,,,you should be studying and all the best for your exams...

Edited by saaaz - 18 March 2011 at 10:23pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetsutevaish_123aditeeSPN_JD_Addicted

.Dilwale. IF-Sizzlerz
.Dilwale.
.Dilwale.

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
@saaz

hey sazzy! thanks for the wish re par thora late ho gaya. mein tu exam de kar aa bhi gayi! Lol! LOL

as regards to your post. firstly yaar, i never said that shaan's fears are not a big deal for him. i said theway they were stated was not serious. it was done in the middle of all the fake pregnancy fiasco and so didn't have the impact it could or should have created. I am speaking for myself here.

Secondly, coming to shaan's 'fears'. i FEAR that they are not very convincing lol.

Fear no. 1: 'i am not yet settled': then why don't they show him doing something about it instead of him watching birth documentaries with his mates and coming up with elaborate plans to scare his wife of pregnancy.

Fear no. 2 and 3: 'what if something happens to khanak' and 'she won't pay me attention': sweet but not strong enough reasons. shaan's character is not THAT immature yaar. he's not. and the fear of losing khanak or her attention would always accompany a prospective pregnancy, tu does that mean that shanak should never get pregnant.

Fear no. 4: 'i am scared': Now that's a genuine reason because every guy or even girl is scared before becoming a parent, irrespective of their age.

I think the reason we might be rooting for shaan stems from the fact that we don't want a shank baby yet lol. if we'd felt otherwise, perhaps our thoughts would have been different? I am the last person who wants to see shanak have a baby right now and i know they won't but i guess i can see where both shaan and khanak are coming from and not just either one. and yes the CVs did bungle up, but not because they didn't show khanak understanding shaan's POV and agreeing to his some genuine and some silly reasons, but because they did not show her putting her POV forward. her reasons for wanting to become a mom as opposed to shaan's fears. only then that scene would have truly been the highlight of this track.

anyways yaar, it doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong anymore, i just wish the CVs would wrap up this track and move on to holi.

chal yaar. me dead tired. was up all night studying. am gonna go take a nap. byeee!

Edited by zennnn - 19 March 2011 at 12:16am
SPN_JD_Addicted IF-Sizzlerz
SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aditee

Hope Shaan wont appear pregnant in the Holi episodeCry

That would be a complete let down

I dont care who is right or who is wrong here.

this is the first time we are getting to watch a Hindu Holiday on RBO

I dont want it to be ruined by the pregnancy inanity
Bold-Would be a disaster.I don't mind even seeing a serious Shan but seeing him in this preggy avatar would be disastrous.I am afraid now to actually hope for anything.Today would be a filler right and hope so too cos I don't want them to waste half the time on this delivery thing and half on holi and all.

Saaz-I loved Shan's dialogues that he is insecure,dependent and scared for her and all,I hoped to see some sort of compassion on Khanak's face,but she tho brushed away his fears as if they are nothing.How much more candid can a guy like Shantanu get!I am defending him yes,but that one scene made me feel really bad for him!And didn't Khanak say in that shakkar episode,that even grown-ups are scared?I think the CV's were so involved in providing comedy that they forgot how to address his fears when he mentioned them and if so they shouldn't have shown that yesterday.Any ways,these last few episodes doesn't seem connected to the story at all.

Edited by SPN_JD_Addicted - 19 March 2011 at 3:28am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aditee

destinylove IF-Rockerz
destinylove
destinylove

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 3:28am | IP Logged
I dont think they will show shaan as pregnant during holi  

i think he took off that pillow yesterday...  for holi episode only Smile

bTW those who are telling shaan needs to feel secure about his wife / family before start planning for babies

I have a simple question to ask  he is married and he is  very fond of having physical intimacy( read the right 3 letter word for it)  with his wife khanak
I

n that case is he not old enough to understand physical intimacy can result in pregnancy.

.so he should have thought of this all along..  and like some one  like karishma said if really

khanak was pregnant then what would he do?

Plus he is not giving any time frame to khanak as to how much time he would take.to

.So what is all this vagueness from his side

sweetsute

SPN_JD_Addicted IF-Sizzlerz
SPN_JD_Addicted
SPN_JD_Addicted

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 5:35am | IP Logged
He is an educated guy and there are different types of contraception(though nor guaranteed)and they might have been on one of them?(it would be a documentary instead of fiction if they discuss or show all this lol)Accidental pregnancies do happen and there is nothing he can do abt it unless he is like Boo and wants Khanak to get it aborted(which I absolutely would have hated)As of now she is not pregnant hence his insistence it stay that way!I feel she is being ziddi and he though he first was,he is presently scared.His dialogues did indicate that!

aditee

tvrasika IF-Rockerz
tvrasika
tvrasika

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 6:02am | IP Logged
Hi all,
Good evening.... just read all the posts made since last night.

This is my view:

1. It's actually very good that we are having a discussion as to who is right and who is wrong, Shaan or Khanak. I am still in a minority here in supporting Khanak, but that's o.k.. actually like the debate going on here.... better than nothing.

2. The general view seems to be that we need to hear Khanak's voice. Which is what I also feel. This role-reversal would be incomplete unless we see it from Khanak's POV.

3. Saw the 3:30 repeat. Yesterday's episode could have been so much better but I honestly didn't mind it doston... KT was so good and I liked YM as well. Considering what we have seen since Nov, I feel this is ok.

4. Dragging? Aren't we rushing here? On wed ShaNak decide on role-reversal. Thursday- Shaan watches pregnancy-related films and decides to put Khanak off pregnancy by faking one. Friday (yesterday) we saw him sport a belly. That's dragging? Personally, I don't think so at all.  Any focus on ShaNak is welcome... ofcourse there is room for improvement but I can watch ShaNak and K-family always, Boo included.... Am perfectly ok with them stretching it to today as well...

5. Don't think Shaan will sport a belly in the Holi episodes. And if he does, well, will give views then.

6. I love Ali Raza's acting. He is great! My fav after KT and YM:) Clap

7. I think Vandu is right in that we cannot discuss past shows at length except in CCC. Will wait for Veena to confirm. But let me just say, I loved Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi when it was aired, but didnt understand Hindi much back then. Recently I saw a few epis on YT and didn't find them funny at all! Wagle ki duniya, havent seen since it last aired, but it might still be relevant and funny bcos its abt middle class. Dont know Sarabhai vs Sarabhai at all. Looks like i missed a good show.

I am looking forward to today's episode...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123aditee

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Great concise analysis as usual Gaayu

Yes what ever side we may be on, we dont want Shaan sporting that cushion today

Smi,

I want the whole thing to be about Holi, how ever inane it is

EVERYOTHER show has posted pictures of
"Holi on the sets" (while shooting for content)
OR
"Holi Parties" (Off screen Holi dhmaka for cast and crew)

APAN EK AKELA SHOW HAI jismey se EK PICTURE nahi nikalti.

MAHINEY guzar jaate hain we dont get to see ONE picture from the sets.CryAngryCryAngryCryAngry

Yet we continue to gush and think about this show every waking moment.........

Hamara ilaaj zaroori hai

Edited by aditee - 19 March 2011 at 9:54am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vaish_123tvrasikadestinyloveSPN_JD_Addicted

destinylove IF-Rockerz
destinylove
destinylove

Posted: 19 March 2011 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Hey aditee The PH needs to call media I guess  

I heard from geet people thre is a special wing for  communicating with SBS and rest regularly for coverage  

Unless the  PH calls media wont come  That is what I hear people telling..dont know if it  is true

I would be happy if atleast IF or wassup cover it..But not having much hopes

@ gaayu considering the length at which most shows drag and drag this track is not at all dragging ( i mean compared to India television shows yardsticks)

Edited by sshriyaa84 - 19 March 2011 at 10:25am

tvrasika

Go to top