Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Indifference and Forgiveness vs Anger and Hatred (Page 2)

RajeevGurtiFan IF-Sizzlerz
RajeevGurtiFan
RajeevGurtiFan

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
very good opti..i agree from what i have seen geet is totally indifferent to devil(we crazies call him that)...for her devil don't exists..
whether geet will forgive or not remains to be seen as most of the articles don't turn out to be true....
forgiveness does not mean she will forget or accept him...
thanks dear for showing us the other side of the coin...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Bharathi_gurtidrdee142swan20

49erFan IF-Sizzlerz
49erFan
49erFan

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
Wow Opti, very very nice!  I bow down to ur writing!  Admire and love it!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

swan20

swan20 IF-Sizzlerz
swan20
swan20

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Opti very good post....Clap

I must admit I want to see Dev being punished & Geet never forgiving him BUT after reading your post i can see the other side too. Yes Geet forgiving Dev does not equal to she forgetting all his crimes. It  takes immense strength & courage to forgive someone who has wronged you. If Geet does forgive Dev then it will only reflect how strong she is....Thumbs Up

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Deepzz-RajeevGurtiFanleelaa9

-Deepzz- Moderator
-Deepzz-
-Deepzz-

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged
@Opti....Very well thought out post ....ClapClapClap

Forgiving doesn't mean forgetting nor does it mean condoning what your abuser did. Forgiving sets you free. 

It's not about the other person, it is about your health and your healing. Carrying around the immense burden of hatred will only wear on you. In fact, not forgiving actually allows the rapist to continue his control over you. 

Forgiving is not an easy thing to do.It takes a person of a very high will power and a big heart to do it....

swan20

RageOfAnAngel IF-Sizzlerz
RageOfAnAngel
RageOfAnAngel

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:49am | IP Logged

BRILLIANT  Clap     Clap     Clap
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arwenish

whatever you write is true and i really liked it........... but i just cant bear the idea of Geet forgiving Dev for his crime...........be it be perceptoion or suggestions...........for few deeds which people do their is no forgiveness.......... being indifferent and angry are different things i agree........ i loved Geet being indiferent towards Dev till now........ but i just cant even bear to think the idea of Geet forgiving Dev ( as mentioned in article) under any earthly reason........... Dev crime has potrayed him as the most hateful character and i m still not satisfied with all his sainthood....... he did not get any punishment compared to the magnitude of his crime......... blaming Naiantara for his black deeds completely potrayas the weakness of a loser...... beacuse loser always blame other for every wrong doings...... Naintara i accept was blot on womenhood but she never asked Dev to sleep with Geet....... He did just that out from his lust....... ruined an inocent life.......... and now because of his pashtawa he should be forgiven........ no way......... 

i love all the quotes you quoted..........

I love Geet indifference rather than anger....... as this shows she has move on in life......... Dev at present is not her enemy so how her forgiveness will annoy him????? wise people forgive and dont forget but we still dont know about Deva's true colors.........

You are free to have your point of view. I only wanted to say that if Geet forgives him it is not out of sympathy for him but because she wants to make a clean break from her past.  Forgiveness sets her free but it will not free Dev.  If he is genuinely repentant he will feel all the more obliged and indebted. So he is still weighed down, not only by guilt but also by the indebtedness he may feel.  If he was only pretending to be remorseful, then he will realise that he has no hold over her.  As long she hates him, he still has a hold on her.  Her present indifference is a good approach too but I think deep within she still may be having some last vestiges of latent hatred and anger which dissolves once she forgives. 

Whatever she does, she should never forget.  As I said it is only her memories which will make her vigilant around him.

leelaa9

geet.a IF-Sizzlerz
geet.a
geet.a

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Muaaaah opti!
wonderful post!

I agree with you..and i also like you maintain, that being indifferent to dev will be the hugest punishment for him

And yes it will be interesting to see how he will act after the guiding guilt withdraws- resulting from geet's forgiveness..

then he will really make a choice between harming maneet or wanting their happiness..

of course, legal punishment is imp..but this will also be awesome

NT got it too- she's alone and a vegetable..

and dev is being a cry baby..haha

leelaa9

Amoureux IF-Sizzlerz
Amoureux
Amoureux

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Absolutely brilliant... One of the few posts that was a real pleasure reading... Smile I thank you for this.... Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Bharathi_gurtidrdee142

Go to top