India-Forums

Writers Corner
Writers Corner

Colours of Life

suchi_dev2006 Goldie
suchi_dev2006
suchi_dev2006

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 4:27am | IP Logged
Arundhati,gazing at the indigo clear sky, was trying to feel something within the
vastness. Probably she was trying to search someone there with bated breath...

Everyday she tries this.... everyday she stares at the sky.... everyday she searches for someone... everyday when cool breeze fanning her in the afternoon she feels her presence...afternoon passes by.. as the dusk approaches... and disappears pervading everything by the darkness of the night. Arundhati keeps sitting, noticing the sailing and moving of the white clouds..Darkness... the colour black.... might she thinks that it is the colour of her life from now onwards.. what colour left for her...after the demise of her only daughter?.... everything has been pervaded with intense darkness... So she tries to accept the colour black, probably tried to gauge the depth of the colour black, tries to elicit the deep mystery of the colour black.. until her husband Prakash comes back from the office and nudges her from the behind with a heaps of dejection and with a long desolated sigh... Today too he came, from the behind and sat there quietly, touching her two shoulder with his two palms.. Arundhati didn't move, as her consciousness prompted her that.. her husband had come again to console her... consolation.. a sigh she let out repressing the spouting tears. who would give consolation.. to whom?... Piyashi was the precious gem of both of their lives..she was the most lovely gift that the couple gifted to each other nearly seven years back.. She was the source of joy, happiness and ...... sighed Arundhati... Was it important to rethink that what Piyashi did mean to them?.. what she was?... she was everything.. their whole world... pain started rippling inside her heart, getting the warmth of her husband..
---Aruuu.. Prakash spluttered with a grim voice...
Arundhati couldn't repress the sob though--please.. mujhe... kuchh.. na kaho.. please..
sighed Prakash... as the silence had become heavy, it was getting difficult even to sniff normally for him.
Arundhati, within normal sob, squeaked twice staring at the sky, unable to bear the
excruciating pain...
Praksh pulled gently her towards him, as she leaned herself upon his chest and kept lamenting--kyuuuuu? kyuuu aisa huya humare sath Prakaaaashhh? kyuuuuuu?...
Prakash, wiping the tears of his wife, murmured ----Aruuuu... chup ho jaao... humari piyu hain.... is asman me.. hawa me.. naye patto ke naye rango me... naye naye phoolo ke khushboo me..
Arundhati, whimpering in pain---nahi hain.. kahi nahiiiiiiii... har roz main usse baat karne ki koshish karti huuuuun.. kyu nahi ati hain wohh? kyu nahiiiiiii?..
Murmured Prakash --kisne kaha nahi ati hain woh?.. agar nahi ati... to.. kaise hoti asman itna neela...kaise hawa me behke ata ye anjan khushboo?.. kaise badalo ka khel kud chalta asman me?.....aur... aur.. woh dekho... asman me.. itna rang kaise ajata phir?....
Arudhanti.. stared at the sky morosely. Though she had been gazing at the sky for several hours and couldn't find her little daughter there, still she listened to her
husband... yeah... moon has been risen.. and the luminous rays were refracted
through the clouds... parts of the sky has been suffused by a yellowish yet crimson
hue.. as if.... something is happening there... someone is playing there... as if a
dangerous eternal mystery was hidden there with care... Arundhati felt restive and
raised her hand to touch the sky.. an inner torment began to gnaw at her... as she felt it was impossible to touch the sky.. impossible to reach there to be a part of that beautiful sublime beauty...
Prakash whispered further from behind--holi araha hai na...
Arundhati suddenly clenched his palm with abnormal tightness and began panting
...yes... she was too pondering over.... that.. as if someone was playing holi there with so many colours.. who was she?.. was she Piyashi?.. our piyu?...
piyu.. their little piyu.. desperately used to crave for playing holi....Within her short life of six years.... she could play only thrice.. when her tiny palm used to daub colours over their faces.. then she used to laugh with pure innocence.., spreading utter bliss into everyone's life, unknowingly. Arundhati kept musing all, unconsciously, with wistful eyes..
Prakash approached, with a beseeching voice---hum khelenge holi....
Aru startled in shock... what she is listening to?..holi?... without piyu?...
she almost squealed--na naaa naa.... rang nahi hai mere jeevan meeeee.. sab woh
leke chali gayiiiiiii.... ..
prakash justified with softer voice--woh itni cruel nahi thi Aru... apni mommy papa ke jeevan ka raang woh mita nahi sakti hain Aru... isi liye hi to... woh hume keh rahi hai.. ki main hun... har jagha.. hawa me.. naye patto ki rang me.. asman me holi khel rahi hun main.. ..
Aru turned back, to let her eyes meander over Praksh...with teary eyes..
Praksh raised his finger at the sky ... to say---she is there Aru.... she is playing there..
Aru submitted herself in the arms of her husband, unable to repress the pang anymore.. while Prakash kept placating her agony, bottling up his own pain--duniya me.. hazaro.... lakho... krororo... piyu hain Aru.... jinke.... koi bhi hain nahi...
his voice was trailing away into a murmur---jo shawad khelna chahte hain..... magar... he stopped, gazing at the far sky with pensive eyes, for a couple of minute.. and after that he checked him back swallowing the sob that rose in his throat --hum.... un sab me.. agar ..piyu ko.... pa le.. to?....
Aru shook her head violently with a bad whimper--nahiiii...nahiiii.. humari piyuuuu....aur kahi nahi haiiii... kahiiii nahiiiii... woh sabse anmol.....
Prakash was rumpling her windswept hair ---uparwale ....sab ko... anmol hi banate hain Aru.... bas... hum log hain... jo.. humare andar ki taqat ko pehchan na paate hain..
--to kya karu Prakash?.. kaise bhulau mere beti ko?..Aru breathed out in pain...
Prakash, flashing a mixture of doleful yet phlegmatic smile, almost sinking into the
joyful moments of his little daughter, ached----bhualo maat Aru... kabhi na bhulaao... use... hazaro bachcho me... dekh lo... pa lo....
both remained silent,without talking a single word... probably to feel the words they said in the past half an hour, to feel the bleaky breeze, to muse about the past moments, to ponder over the present and the uncertain future... or.. just to stay with the graceful silence. Silence.. that has become their best friend...since piyu had gone..
silence, sometimes mocked them by a cold stare, sometimes, consoled them offering a shelter... no one knew that, silence would come into their life so easilly for which they used to crave, when a boisterous atmosphere prevailed at their residence for mischievous piyu..
silence was broken finally, by Innu, the little daughter of their all time maid Ira..
She scuttled there with weeny bare foots, biting index finger with her tiny teeth and asked almost begging tone ---kakuu....kal holi hai.. rang kharidke doge?
Prakash awakened and at once flashed an ingenuous smile to her---haaa.. jaroor
dungaaa.. kaisa kaisa rang chaiye tujhe? hmmm.. kaun kaun sa rang?
Tiny Innu, became a little shy and started nibbling her finger with more force, hiding her shyness, unconsciously.
Prakash uttered with smiling face--kya huyaa?.. bol kya chaiye?
Innu spluttered out timidly, with feeble voice--jo tum doge..
Aru... suddenly got up and scooted to Innu, and at once hugged her very tightly rubbing her cheeks with Innu's.. Innu was silently absorbing her affection.. while Aru susurrated with gentle compassion--- kis ke sath khelegi re?
Innu answered dipping her face within Aru's arm---kuchh dosto ke sath,
Aru kissed upon her forehead and with rising hope she asked in fervour --aur mere
sath?.. mere sath nahi khelegi?...haa?.. mujhe rang na lagaegi?
Innu again became coy, getting so much love and affection. Nodded she silently with a sweet smile, while Aru clutched her within her arms. Tears were streaking down her cheeks as she announced with drenched voice for her husband---chalo.. ja ke rang, gulal.. aur mithai kharidke laaye.. kal.. humari Innu ke sath..uski dosto ke sath... khelungi... haa.. khelungi...
khelungi.... khelungi.... khelungi..... khelungiiiiiii... khelungi.................That single word was reiterated and reverberated through the trees... sky.. breeze...
as if piyu was beaming with colours---haaa maa main bhi khelungiiiii...
Prakash wiped his moistened eyes and smiled contentedly, mulling over the deep

truth---jo rang piyu chhorke gaayi.. us rang ko gehra banana hai Aru.. usi se kat jayega ye jeevan..

[The End]

Edited by suchi_dev2006 - 18 March 2011 at 8:34am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

avin7000

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top