MR an actor who stands apart (Page 3)

niki11 Senior Member
niki11
niki11

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Elysia

Originally posted by ivy_11

Word !!!! Elysia and Niki.

You have put it so well. What amazes me is that Mishal's performance has been consistently outstanding. There has never been a "bad acting day" or a " below par excellence scene" in the year+ LTL episodes I have followed.

LTL(
read Dutta) is the only serial I have been hooked to and I remain glued to the TV screen. For most of the other serials, my attention span is just about 5 minutes -- after which I flip channels.

@ purple: LOL LOL Same here, sweets. I tried watching Sanjog Se Bani Sangini, because I was just searching for something to watch. The show caught my attention for the total of six minutes and then I moved on (same thing happened with Tere Liye, Chand Chupa Badal Mein, and few other shows). But you know what the funny thing is? It's that on the same night that I moved on from Sanjog Se... I stumbled upon LTL on You Tube.

The scene at Dutta's first wedding when he pointed his gun at Naku.

I fell so hard for this guy that I think I broke a few bones LOL

I couldn't describe what it was, but I just knew that I had to watch all the scenes with this guy and see what else he could do. So I watched from that wedding and till December episodes before I went back and watched the show from his entry.

Actually, upon watching his wedding scene, I knew that I had to show this dude to my sister and I pretended like I didn't quite like him, because I was embarrassed. When she said that he was so awesome, I went all mellow and admitted that YES, he was very much awesome.

Embarrassed

Seriously guys ditto!!! i've seen Yeh rishta......PR and Saathiya while flippin channels  but i am not satisfied wid kitchen politics.I mean unki problems hoti hain ki sabzi mein namak zyadapad gaya,kapde dhona bhul gaye,dhaniya khatam ho gaya give me a break and if not this then saas bahu ke problems and surprisingly these are supposed to b the most popular serials.U no my mum tells me that any1 who sees LTL will not b able to njoy all this and i think she is right .The supposedly heroes in almost all  serials subah bag utha ke office jate hain and ratko wahi bag utha ke wapas aa jate hain and then they get involved in bhaaji tarkari ki problems.Nothin against ppl who watch such serials but they are not my cup of tea

Edited by niki11 - 18 March 2011 at 6:59am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.Elysiaivy_11-bharti-

ivy_11 IF-Rockerz
ivy_11
ivy_11

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:18am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]Elysia

I fell so hard for this guy that I think I broke a few bones LOL

I couldn't describe what it was, but I just knew that I had to watch all the scenes with this guy and see what else he could do. So I watched from that wedding and till December episodes before I went back and watched the show from his entry.

Actually, upon watching his wedding scene, I knew that I had to show this dude to my sister and I pretended like I didn't quite like him, because I was embarrassed. When she said that he was so awesome, I went all mellow and admitted that YES, he was very much awesome.

Embarrassed
[/QUOTE]

Hey Elysia,
I am glad that I am not the only one. It was destiny .... (sounds really filmiLOL  ) that I started watching LTL the day Dutta made his dramatic entry. There was something about the character,  and actor (didn't know MR then) that drew me to the TV at 9:30 the next day.

Yes, I too was quite embarrassed to even admit to myself that I was thinking about a fictional character  after the episode was over. Embarrassed  Such is the power of Dutta Saab!!!

Edited by ivy_11 - 18 March 2011 at 7:19am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

niki11Elysia-bharti-

captkirk Goldie
captkirk
captkirk

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:20am | IP Logged
True Mishal is very talented and hard working and it shows in how he has built up Dutta's character and like him the character too has matured so much.  No other show compared to LTL right now!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

niki11

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by niki11

Seriously guys ditto!!! i've seen Yeh rishta......PR and Saathiya while flippin channels  but i am not satisfied wid kitchen politics.I mean unki problems hoti hain ki sabzi mein namak zyadapad gaya,kapde dhona bhul gaye,dhaniya khatam ho gaya give me a break and if not this then saas bahu ke problems and surprisingly these are supposed to b the most popular serials.U no my mum tells me that any1 who sees LTL will not b able to njoy all this and i think she is right .The supposedly heroes in almost all  serials subah bag utha ke office jate hain and ratko wahi bag utha ke wapas aa jate hain and then they get involved in bhaaji tarkari ki problems.Nothin against ppl who watch such serials but they are not my cup of tea

That's exactly how I feel about other shows. It's too much saas-bahu drama and a lot of times the episodes are just packed with suspense, nothing more. There are no layers to characters, no in depth character-developments, no real substance that might set the show apart from the stereotypes.

LTL is unique in terms of story and especially characters. For the first time, I felt like the male lead, the hero, had a bigger part to play. For the first time, I felt that the usual women-centered theme had been used as a backdrop rather than the dominating part in a show. For the first time, a male lead was given the foreground, the complete focus in terms of story-line and character-development.

Dutta's character is epic in itself. It's a pathbreaking character for Indian TV, truly. The amount of importance and focus that he has been given, the screen space, the power and strength - it's all thanks to Mishal's brilliant performance that the character of Dutta evolved. I think that if any other actor had played this part, then he would've forever remained in the background and the story would've moved on from Patilwadi to someplace else.

The issue that I have with other shows is that the hero is always made weak. A man who has some sort of attachment to his mother, so he always supports her. A man who thinks of business only, is arrogant, doesn't understand things and thus can't support his wife at home. A man who suspects his wife over the smallest of things. Can't stand up for her or just be a man.

For the first time, with LTL, I saw a real man, a hero, that protected his woman. Never suspected her to have a relationship with his best friend, even though he caught them holding hands. Dutta is a man who can and will protect his woman from anything, from everything. He stands up for her, time and time again - even when he was angry with her, hurt by her, he still supported her in front of Suresh.

For the first time, with LTL, I saw a show that revolved around character-development and the unique bonds/relationships between characters. The drama itself was just a backdrop. The focus was the characters and how they evolved. Especially Dutta whom in himself is a character so complex that it's like watching poetry in motion when you watch Mishal portray the multiple sides to him, layers of him.

I'll stop rambling now.

Edited by Elysia - 18 March 2011 at 7:39am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.ivy_11

niki11 Senior Member
niki11
niki11

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:40am | IP Logged

Elysia 
I pretended like I didn't quite like him, because I was embarrassed.

Embarrassed
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I too was quite embarrassed to even admit to myself that I was thinking about a fictional character  after the episode was over. Embarrassed  Such is the power of Dutta Saab!!!

[/QUOTE]
Ok are u guys lyk my long lost sisters its freaky Confused i too  was embarassed to tell my mum dat i liked him so i used to give her hints lyk woh LS wala ladka na AND the guy in the PH ad and the guy who come's in LTL that's another thing that she never recalled his face until maine thak haarke mum ko bataya and got her addicted  to LTLEmbarrassed and now haalat yeh hai ki from my bro to my mama mami everi1 nos bout my obsession wid MR/D.And get this my mum tells every1 proudly that her daughter lykes MR/DBig smile

Edited by niki11 - 18 March 2011 at 7:44am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rama_2010Elysiaivy_11

Elysia IF-Rockerz
Elysia
Elysia

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by niki11

Elysia 
I pretended like I didn't quite like him, because I was embarrassed.

Embarrassed

[/QUOTE]
Ok are u guys lyk my long lost sisters its freaky Confused i too  was embarassed to tell my mum dat i liked him so i used to give her hints lyk woh LS wala ladka na AND the guy in the PH ad and the guy who come's in LTL that's another thing that she never recalled his face until maine thak haarke mum ko bataya and got her addicted  to LTLEmbarrassed and now haalat yeh hai ki from my bro to my mama mami everi1 nos bout my obsession wid MR/D.And get this my mum tells every1 proudly that her daughter lykes MR/DBig smile
[/QUOTE]

LOL LOL Oh dear. You have it worse than me Wink Tongue

niki11ivy_11

niki11 Senior Member
niki11
niki11

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
elysia

LOL LOL Oh dear. You have it worse than me Wink Tongue
*rubbing her eyes in disbelief* Me havin it worse than YOUShockedAwwwww........that's so sweet thank youEmbarrassedLOLWell if u r the one sayin this then i believe uEmbarrassedBlushing.LOL

Edited by niki11 - 18 March 2011 at 8:15am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ivy_11

prncz IF-Rockerz
prncz
prncz

Posted: 18 March 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Hey nikki ,,so true , i used to  watch  limited shows as it is / geeet/ pkyek/ gkd / maryada / now the limit has gone to only 1 ,LTL Big smileBig smileTongueTongueTongue///    MR  has truely spoilt us for the rest of them  "quote "i came to the conclusion that its the way MR executes a scene or expresses the emotions it strikes a chord with the heart and you hopelessly fall for this man some of the scenes of ltl have been repeated in many soaps and movies  millions of time like realigation of love by dutta during jmm1 ,hand  offered to naku to help  her climb on the jeep, marriage proposal scene, the drunken scenes, list is endless but not a single actor of tv ind or bollywood could have the same effect on me MR just stands apart i am dead sure if the same role was done by any of the known tv actors of today this show would not have been that effective eg: yesterday every one was going gaga over how dutta was looking so cute during the episode' the ek ghut scene ' i do not think that cuteness was brought about by the writer  of the story or the dialogue writer it  was all MR's inputs and efforts"unquote
you have expressed just my thgts EmbarrassedEmbarrassedHugHugHug ,
Originally posted by lidvin

same feeling here. I used to Watch uttran, BV, Na ana is desh mei lado, CCBM but now they dont interest me anymore. i watch only LTL now as no other serial has the skill & charm as MR has. 

So we all are spoilt now for any other person ,yes i agree

man have you joined noories The DSP mental hospital ...

niki11ivy_11

Go to top