India-Forums

Jenny's Gallery#13: JW/AN/DE/IN/Leo-Katepg 146 (Page 64)

JennyPenny IF-Addictz
JennyPenny
JennyPenny

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 1:59am | IP Logged
From Times of India - AMAZING article man

Tonight I can write the happiest lines. We are the ODI world champions. On Saturday at Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium, we regained the World Cup after a gap of 28 years.

The triumph highlighted the power of the collective team effort. Who would have imagined Team India chasing down a target of 275 with 10 balls to spare, with almost negligible contributions from Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar?

As for skipper MS Dhoni, I can only say, cometh the hour, cometh the man. Let us accept this, once and for all: the man has the Midas touch. We can debate for ages whether he should have played Sreesanth or not. And I know that everybody would have castigated him for promoting himself above the in-form Yuvraj Singh. The point is, like any good leader, MSD takes a decision and then stick to it. If he manages to get the right result every time, who are we to question him. Like any true leader, Dhoni always leads from the front. He is forthright and honest. That's what makes him special. Now he has won every prize in cricket. Surely, India is blessed to have a skipper like him.

What was special about our team? Self-belief, for one. During the entire tournament, Team India kept the faith. Many of us despaired after we lost the toss under controversial circumstances. Many of us felt that 275 was a hard, if not impossible, target. Not the Men in Blue. They achieved the goal with calm and poise. Every run was hard fought but they never seemed to panic.

Each of the players who had not scored heavily in the earlier games came to the party on Saturday. Dhoni played the most special innings of his career. It will be compared with the great Steve Waugh innings of the 1999 semi-final against South Africa. Gambhir would always rue the shot he played to get out for 97 but the nation would always remember his innings as among the most valuable in the history of Indian cricket. Even young Kohli fared well.

All our bowlers, barring Sreesanth, did a fantastic job till the 46th over. Then they lost the plot in the last four overs conceding 54 runs. The odds were perhaps 55-45 in favour of the Lankans at that stage. And 70-30 when the openers got out. But then Team India had other ideas.

There is much more to write and comment on. This was Yuvraj Singh's championship. He proved that winners never quit and that quitters never win. May be in a couple of days, I will write a performance report of every player. Right now, let us just enjoy the moment. This is one of my happiest moments as an Indian. I know it is yours too.

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

_Ananya_WhiteNights.-naina-Chan91Shipra_S* ~ Roshni ~ *AbhayVakil_1992IshialeeseunggiloveSobtiObsessionZaynoo2320anwayaspiritcrimsonnyctophiliamjht_onesweet.melodyrelentless.mishti_17safeplacetolandgilmoresindiandoll89

JennyPenny IF-Addictz
JennyPenny
JennyPenny

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 2:04am | IP Logged
You know wheneveer mom and dad would talk about 1983 final, I would look in such awe of them. Like wow, really? I have seen the match, but it's not that exicting since I know the end result.

After sitting today for 8 hours straight, avoiding food. Having only water, suffering from dehydration, causing my body grief, praying like crazy, giving updates, I realized that I am very happy and proud to be part of such moment.

It is one of the most beautiful moments that will go down in history for me. Winning the WC for Sach and teh team after after 28 years is such an amazing feeling.

It's amazing to see Washington Post and CNN and BBC writing about how India is so amazing and about our team and our country and about bleeding blue.

It makes me really proud to be an Indian with BIG GIANT blue heart<33

Love to each & everyone one of you..
To team India: You're our hope. Thank you for exceeding our hopes.

To Sach: It does not matter if you hit 100 or got out at 18. Every single cricket fan MUST accept the facts that THERE cannot be another one like you and NO will ever be able to break your records. We are so proud of you Sach! & more happy that your team has come true;)

To Dhoni: Thank you for stepping up. WE are so proud to have you as our captain and thank you for being Mr. Cool. U being Mr. Cool really shaped up everything for us and not allowing yourself to be stuck with Pressure.

To Yuvi: With love. You're the best. We are so proud to have you in the team.

To Gomzi,with love; Thank you. 97 , you got out. But you are responsible for getitng us there, and not letting the middle order get messed up.

To the ballers: Thank youf ro an outstanding performance and saving those runs and taking those wickets.

Finally, thank you Gary Kristen for being our coach. U are truly our fairy godfather. WE love you and we are in this hopes that you continue to be our coach.

Now onto the update - Feel free to use

Ind Cricket:
^ I love this about our team:)

Gary:

Gomzi: 
^^this one is odd.

Newspapers:

Dhoni:

Sach & his fan:

Sach with his kids:)

Sach:

Yuvi:

For Sri-Lanka; Thanks for givng us a tough fight and making thisa  very memorable WC.

The following 47 member(s) liked the above post:

*Shruti*Aahaana_Ananya_Cess-.FunLuvingGirl.Chan91Shipra_Sshona.-Doppelganger-leeseunggilove-naina-ramsha_002Enigma.koolchick* ~ Roshni ~ *ashi_maniaSam_dean4EvaAbhayVakil_1992.SidraParachute.Rimsie.AngelTeenaishhh.mjht_one-ialwayswill-lipshaasonali.19281Zaynoo2320rainydays.spiritcrimsonssdtvgojanchocogurlSobtiObsessionnyctophilia.MohitzPari.sweet.melodyragzz.safeplacetoland-x-Reshu-x-mishti_17relentless.widagilmoresindiandoll89..RamKiJanaki..MehRya..-Swetha-

rainydays. IF-Sizzlerz
rainydays.
rainydays.

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 2:07am | IP Logged
Reserved
indiandoll89 IF-Addictz
indiandoll89
indiandoll89

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 2:08am | IP Logged
This update is amazing Jenny. Amazing is too small a word to explain how great they are. The stuff you said before the sigs, all the text you've used and the fact that I'm still listening to patriotic songs, I'm an emotional mess right now Embarrassed But these sigs are great! Big smile Definitely gonna use one soon! Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JennyPenny

sweet.melody IF-Stunnerz
sweet.melody
sweet.melody

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 2:17am | IP Logged
ahhhh the sigs!!! love each and every one of them so much.

and completely agree about our Team respecting the game that is cricket. We don't have bias based on only praising our own team, if someone if truly a legend in cricket, our team will praise them. Our team is so very humble. No matter how much all previous captains of other teams were talking against India, no matter what all those people were saying that Team India only looks good on paper, not on performance. They proved them all wrong, with their actions. I love how our team isn't one to talk big, they DO big!!!

about the parents always reminiscing back to the 1983 match, same here! They talk about it.. and they always talk to highly about it. But that same feeling they have when talking about that match doesn't come till you experience a winning world cup of your own. I know, I know fully that this world cup is something I will be talking about for a long time. So so proud to be an Indian. If I ever get an opportunity to pick, I would beg to be Indian every time! and that's not due to win, that's cause of what India and Indians stand for, the kind of people we are. our culture.. everything. So proud!

I especially love that newspaper sig. Just amazing!

Someone give me tickets to Mumbai right now pleaseeeee!! I so wish I was there..

-naina-

Enigma. IF-Rockerz
Enigma.
Enigma.

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 2:20am | IP Logged
Fab Update ! Specially these two siggies ! Amazing !

JennyPenny

relentless. IF-Stunnerz
relentless.
relentless.

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 2:21am | IP Logged
OMGG RES !! Hug

JennyPenny

kashkasukajenn Senior Member
kashkasukajenn
kashkasukajenn

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 2:22am | IP Logged
beautiful siggies jen amazing update bleeding blue love sachin and dhoni and of course rest of the team are amazing  :) India rocked man and ur siggies captured every amazing momment jenny thank u soo much for this beautiful work I wish gambir made a century but his runs are gold :) love u team india love u jenny 

JennyPenny

Go to top