Is Holi good for TV actors's life?-Arjun bijlani

Badtameez_Dil IF-Addictz
Badtameez_Dil
Badtameez_Dil

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:44am | IP Logged

Is Holi good for TV actors's life?

IANS | Mar 17, 2011, 05.31pm IST

Veer and Tapu from Uttaran
Thanks to their constant presence in front of the camera, some TV actors are not so comfortable with playing Holi, but there are veterans like Bhairavi Raichura and Urvashi Dholakia who don't mind taking a dip in organic colours

"I enjoy playing Holi. But it's also true that we have to be cautious as we are actors. The colour often stays on and you have to scrub it off because you cannot turn up on sets with a reddish tone on your skin," Arjun Bijlani, who plays the male lead in "Pardes Mein Mila Koi Apna Saa", told.

"Before playing Holi, I make sure that I put on a lot of oil or cream so that the colour doesn't stay. Sometimes, even make up is unable to cover it," said Arjun who has taken an off on Holi and would be celebrating it with his friends.

Vivaan Bhatena, currently seen in Zee TV's "Sanskar Lakshmi", says their profession often takes away the charm of the Holi festivities.

"It indeed becomes difficult when you are an actor. You are often scared to play Holi because if you turn up on the sets all coloured, it becomes a problem for the producer," said Vivaan, who would be hosting a Zoom Holi party and celebrating the festival with his friends.

"It has happened with me once. I played Holi and the colour didn't go off my hands. It became difficult for the make-up artist to hide it and I was then instructed to keep my hands off the camera frame," he added.

But there are some actors, who indulge without any worry.

Bhairavi Raichura, seen as Rajni in "Sasural Genda Phool", says she always plays Holi.

"I am always with my family and childhood friends on Holi and play with herbal and organic colours which don't harm the skin," she said.

Sonali Verma, seen as lead character Naitik's mother in "Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai", is enjoying the five-day Holi celebrations on the sets of the show and isn't worried about the affect of colours.

"My whole family is in Delhi and my Holi has been on the sets of 'Yeh Rishta...' The use of colours never bothers me because it's during the shoot and everyone remains conscious as they have to maintain the continuity," she said.

Small screen's bad girl Urvashi Dholakia doesn't believe that a career becomes a hindrance for TV actors when it comes to enjoying the festival.

"I think Holi is a celebration which should be enjoyed by everyone, including the actors. I don't think that a career is a hindrance as in today's age we have organic colours which are not at all harmful. Gone are the days when we had to give up the celebrations," said Urvashi, currently seen in a negative role in "Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharamyudh".

"And lets not forget that if a career was a problem for actors, Holi parties would have not been thrown by the biggies of the industry for the last so many years," she added.

The following 42 member(s) liked the above post:

SRKrazzyCharming-Arjunramsha.aslamshivangi278valliyahIts-My-Lifemjhtian94PN_luvs_ArjunBhawna_artisupreet..-Gunners-Yashh...-Illusion-.Comics_Music.VasuKaShliciousAuroni.92-Pri.RP-AmyArTiMayUrRitu.VRaindrops.-Khushi--RegalVintage-well-wisher-SupriyaluvsMN-Fantasia.perkilicious--Annu4MayUr--hgrhrsamratrocksprincess_dj-SMay31-stuti123-Hoor-PureBlissmyownarearelentless.annie07drfizaahmedaashizinDoNotMind-Preeti-Nikki_Titli

myownarea IF-Stunnerz
myownarea
myownarea

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
oh cool... Arjun is gonna play holi with friends..thats gr8 :D

Thanks tanu for posting this :)

Happy holi in advance :)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

valliyahAmyArTiMayUrFantasia.annie07Badtameez_Dil

annie07 IF-Stunnerz
annie07
annie07

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:47am | IP Logged
yaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy he has taken an off........... i wanna knw who he is celebrating with............

coz last yr they were shooting on holi..........

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shivangi278Sadia_JenAmAmyArTiMayUrFantasia.Badtameez_Dil

Fantasia. IF-Sizzlerz
Fantasia.
Fantasia.

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged
taking alot of holidays Ermm..hmm..pehle tu dil nai karta tha..Embarrassed

Wishing a safe holi!

Edited by -Mehak - 17 March 2011 at 10:53am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

mayur4evrvalliyahshivangi278AmyArTiMayUr-SAISakura16-drfizaahmedBadtameez_Dil

-RegalVintage- IF-Sizzlerz
-RegalVintage-
-RegalVintage-

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged
chutti le li usne..............WHOAA..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Great...............thank u Arjun for taking an off..............HugROFL

BTW-what am i being happy for........???LOLi guess-i knw d reason.............

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

mayur4evrshivangi278valliyahSadia_JenAmAmyArTiMayUr-SAISakura16-drfizaahmedannie07Badtameez_Dil

drfizaahmed IF-Stunnerz
drfizaahmed
drfizaahmed

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:58am | IP Logged
wah mehak..u stole my words ......hmm ab set per dil nhi lagta mein kya kerooo

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

valliyah-SAISakura16-Badtameez_Dil

-Pri.RP- IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:59am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Badtameez_Dil

aashizin IF-Stunnerz
aashizin
aashizin

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing dear Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Badtameez_Dil

Go to top