towards working together again - OS renamed

Posted: 13 years ago

He wished he hadn't provoked her. But she was his wife, so he can command and it was her duty to obey him like a docile wife. 'Docile' and his Mishty? That was asking too much! Docile would never suit her'and he loved his Mishty all spirited and full of fire' The present situation arose coz he wanted to see her spirit! Why did he have to provoke her about her work! Now she was so fired up that she refused to claim what was rightfully hers.

He looked at the photograph on his table. To any client who came into his cabin the first time, it would project an image of self-importance ' Mr. Maan Singh Khurana giving away the shield to the rank holder of an institution. They wudn't know until they met his wife that it was the recipient of the shield who was more important to him. His Mishty, passing out with flying colors from the reputed 'Vaastu Institute of Architecture and Interior Designs'. He being a trustee of the institution and Khurana Construction winning the Builder's Award this year, the management invited him to present their rank holder with the award.

Flash Back

Geet with a little bit of persuasion from him had decided to take up the interior design course. He wanted her to take architecture but she felt it took too many years to complete. She didn't want atwait 5 years to start a family nor did she want to break her education again. Since her attempts at organizing a few parties at KC and her tips of refurnishing Khurana Mansion was vastly appreciated, she decided she had a knack for interior decoration and cud do even better with formal training.

Those two years as a college student had been wonderful for her self -confidence. It helped her overcome the painful memory of her miscarriage. He was happy that she cud have those carefree college days, the bonding with new friends even the tension of the semester exams and projects. It did call for some adjustments on his part especially since they decided that Geet shud keep her marriage secret. To think that he was the one who persuaded her to accept this , coz he did not want other students to treat her any different from them. It was mesmerizing to hear her enthusiasm and to see the way her eyes sparkled when she described those first days in the college. Soon her reporting of the days events became a routine he enjoyed after a dull day in the office.But when a particular Gurmeet started featuring more in her daily account he thought of making his presence felt before her friends, not as the husband but as some one who was interested in her. Of course it was not a question of not trusting his Mishty but he didn't want any guys to get any wrong idea'if the guy felt that she had someone smarter and more eligible to court her he wud give up the idea of chasing Geet. So he wud occasionally drop in on their regular haunts and sometimes chat with his wife. What was wrong with that? '.

The only problem was that his frequent sightings made Miss Zarina feel that he was following her. She being the college beauty and all that, it didn't occur to her that he may be keeping some one else in sight. Was it his fault that Ms. Z  felt that he followed her to Jaipur when his intention was to surprise his Mishty on her one- week tour with her friends? And surprise her he did!

Didn't he try to manage two whole days without her, missing her like crazy, before going after her?Hey Babaji, what a mess it turned out to be before it became the most memorable one'.

While he was planing a romantic dinner and a passionate reunion with his wife, Zarina knocked at the suite door. The secret message that he had sent thru the waiter for Geet ended up in Zarina's hands. His cryptic message to the waiter to "give the note to the beautiful lady in green", taught him the lesson of staying away from dramatic gestures in future. He didn't even notice that Zarina was also wearing green! How cud he when he was seeing his Mishty after two long days. Any way, now he wud just trust the sms to do the trick. That incident brought their secret marriage into spotlight.

Cudn't blame Geet '.which wife wud like to walk in on her husband being thanked by another woman with a hug and kiss! but the making up part was something  dreams were made of'. Okay, so his Mishty did blew the fuse and was really angry , yet it was a kind of joyful to see her being possessive over him. When he did manage to pacify her after a day's cajoling, it became a night to remember forever.

May be a week in Jaipur was what was needed now.

His phone signalled an incoming sms. It was from Gurmeet.

"just wanted to check. U letting go of ur talented wife? She forwarded her resume to my company. U knw I wll b waitng for her with open arms if u don't have a problem! I don't believe in missing an opportunity."

Now that did it. He will make Geet join Khurana Constructions whatever it takes'may be admitting that he didn't mean what he said and was only trying to tease her shud make her calm enough to consider his offer. He shudn't have said that she cudn't achieve anything without him. Okay, so it was he who suggested that she take one of his on going projects for her thesis. Thus Mr. Sharma's   restaurant was taken by  Geet as her thesis project. It was this final project that sealed Geet's victory.what was more  her ideas were so innovative and unique that Mr. Sharma decided to use her ideas. Then another client, who was an associate of Mr. Sharma asked if KC cud take up the interior designing too of his apartmants. That was what made him feel that having an interior decorator wud be good for KC. It was a position tailor-made for Geet, until he decided to provoke her! She said she didn't want a job that was offered to her just coz she was Geet Khurana and that she wud find one on her merit.

So he and two of the board members wasted two whole morning sitting in a walk-in interview. They had already left as the time scheduled for the interview was over and he cudn't convince himself to hire even one of the candidates who appeared for the interview. He was too biased about his wife's work to like any portfolio presented to him.

He  decided to take the afternoon off to pacify and convince Geet to join KC. But before that '.

He replied to the Sms " dream on'''"

With a satisfied smile he was getting up from his chair when Adi entered.

"Sir, there is one more candidate."

"Tell him that the time scheduled for the interview is over and that being punctual is the basic qualification to join KC"

" It is a she, sir. She said she became late coz she had to prepare lunch for her husband who was sulking. She does seem sincere and efficient. Please give her a chance, sir"

Adi's words reminded him of his description of Geet when she was selected for his secretary. With a sigh he prepared himself for another interview.

"May I come in sir?"

"Yes, u may," he said automatically, before raising his eyes in surprise, to look at the woman who entered the cabin.

"Good afternoon Mr. Khurana. I'm sorry I came late."

Oh! Is that how it was going to be?, he thought as he answered, "Good afternoon. Have a seat."

"My portfolio," she offered.

"Good'" he said as he went thru it. "Oh! U passed out from Vaastu Institute of Architecture?  U may know my wife then". He nodded towards the photograph with pride.

"Mrs. Geet Khurana, our rank holder!" she said looking at the photograph. "it is good to have connections at the right places to become the best."

"U r talking abt my wife and I object to ur hidden implication. If u must know I am proud of my wife's achievements." He looked at her sternly and she just shrugged.

"Everybody is entitled to his point of view."

And he plain disliked hers!

"Why did u choose KC?"

"Ur company is the best in Delhi and well-known in construction business. With being the recipient of the Builders Award, the prestige of KC has gone higher. It wud be a great oppurtunity to be a part of this firm"

She paused and held his eyes as she continued.

Hey friends did u like my OS? Not good as the last ones coz it is different from the last? Do post ur comments'.

And one more thing, can you guess who is being interviewed? I'll come back in a day to check nd continue. let me see if our thoughts gel!😉

Will name my OS then.  

i'm taking up from were i stopped....

she paused and held his eyes before continuing

"this company has given me so much and i feel it is time for me to give it back a bit of what it gave me.when i was new in delhi, KC became my shelter and support. it gave me new friends....falling in love with its MD was the most natural thing, coz he  took up my fight for justice and survival as his own. he became my anchor and my lifeline. he inspired and encouraged me, set up difficult tasks for me and goaded me to achieve it.all my present achievements and happiness is coz he was there for me. without him i am nothing...without him i don't exist!"

maan got up from his chair wen to his geet.

howz that for conclusion?

Edited by bangalores - 13 years ago
hey nice os
i think geet is interviewed, i couldn't think of anyone elseEdited by mallu.crowe20 - 13 years ago
absolutely delightful
completely loved it
keep writing
plzz PM wen u come up with next update
looking forward for next part
reva
Really Amazing
Fantastic
Write More OS
PM Me If U write A New One
Cheers
You're one big tease dear..last time too you made me beg for a second part..Well,I can see myself doing that again...😉   Maan's interviewing his Mishti,right? I'd love to see more knok-jhok between them..
lovely os..loved it...do continue soon....plzzzzzzzzzzz pm me...
Originally posted by mallu.crowe20

hey nice os
i think geet is interviewed, i couldn't think of anyone else

u r right it was geet. seems i need to work towards my suspense making!!
loved it ... write another part plzzzz 

love
Sana
amazing..si it was geet.
love it