Back on Track-16/3/2011

Souma.N thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Ok here we go. Yesterday's episode was so good that it deserves this completely.

Highlights and Most liked

1. There was a certain disconnect in the story with too many tracks which were not well coordinated and failed to converge example: The Sunil Madhavi rift...Shaan's trauma as a kid...Shaan's career...Khusboo Akki's tiff. We have been complaining like "What happened to Shaan's singing..is he back to being unemployed?" or "How is he suddenly fine with the rift between his parents and whatever happened to that rift?". The reason why this week of RBO has worked for me is that these questions were put to rest maybe not in the best possible way but they have been addressed. It was like filling the blank white spaces of a portrait. The difference will catch you attention.πŸ˜‰

So we know that Shaan is concerned about his singing career, Sunil and Madhavi have found solace in each other , Shaan is trying to cope with the rift between them and has started accepting the same as a part and parcel of marriage and Akki and Khusboo are back to themselves.

Moreover even Sunil's statement yesterday that the baby should be both their decision , his apologies and asking them to discuss it in the bedroom and not the hall...made up to some extent for the complaints of  Shanak not have privacy and the baby track may just turn to cute from annoying as it seemed last week.😊

2. Dialogues: These had been a major concern in the last couple of month. Its not that there are no good dialogues but we dint get them consistently.But this week was splendid. The dialogues and their delivery was bang on. Succeeded in capturing every emotions and shade of the characters beautifully.πŸ˜›

3. Attention to detail:This is the difference between 2D and 3D for me...something that makes a drama come alive. The reason why an outdoor scene does not work with the public staring on is because the audience is reminded constantly of the reel world. Thats why apart from the main characters in the frame the movements and activities and dialogues of the others supporting them becomes equally essential.The scenes came alive because even in the Shanak frames other characters were in their element like the scene over the dinner table..where though the highlight were shanak...the magic came across like never before because the rest of the family were placed so casually...Sunil and Akki discussing chess..Madhavi with her rant of Sunil not being the perfect Sunil...All this while the spotlight was on Shanak. Superb!!!πŸ‘

Super Scenes

1. Shaan following Khanak to the kitchen and on being showing the knife  expresses his discomfort but does not give up and continues his story. Beautifully done by the two of them. Perfect to the t.πŸ˜†

2. Shaan and Khanak attacking Khusboo with their rant for natural colours...both for them together...too much for poor Khusboo to handle!!πŸ˜†

3. Akki begging Sunil to let Shanak remain in the hall as he was getting to see this fight after such a long time reminds me of my nephew begging his mom to not switch over from cartoon network. /he would go like "Ma please after such a long time"...Adorable.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

4. Khanak trying to do a Shaan and calling him sexy and Shaan being his burthal self forgetting to play Khanak and instead jumping at the slightest hint of romance. He says he is sexy since childhood. The very next scene he pulls her close and gets mushy. Superb variations shown by KT here. First the stupidity then the cuteness and then the rawness coupled with his husky voice. He can take a bow.πŸ‘

5. The very next scene redefines cuteness itself. Khanak giving Shaan a peck on the cheek and Shaan insisting that he does not do it that way..he does it in style...and then Khanak actually explaining that he does not do it like that nowadays cause the poor thing is so troubled and Shaan actually agreeing to it and saying that... haan yaar...aajkal nahin hota...Are they cute or what?!!!! It almost seemed as if they were competing to outdo the other. Superb portaryals by both.πŸ‘

6. The last part when Khanak asks Shaan how he would react and him telling her to go find out while pointing the gourd outside .He says this in actually imitating Khanak. His imitations throughout are very well defined and balanced ...not over the top and not too mellowed...good enough to take notice of.😳

7. The dining table scene. So glad it was not another one of those typical scenes where the guy would serve burnt and half cooked food with all the wrong spices. Shaan does superbly when he approaches her not breaking eye contact. Khanak shyness at being approached so closely  in front of all is very well shown. Its not too much and neither is it too little. In the backdrop when Mdhavi questions Sunil about learning from Shaan ..Sunil retorts back asking her to learn cooking. Took me back to the cooking of Madhavi after her return from Dhulwadi. This is what I spoke about above...these small things show a connect between what happened over the last few months and the current track. And this is what makes me feel that RBO is now back on track with a defined goal ahead..not simply limping from one unconvincing track to another...to see what works and what will save their neck.πŸ‘πŸ˜³πŸ˜›πŸ˜ƒ

8. The last scene when he enters the room and speaks of the lottery. This scene could have gone terribly wrong had he not carried out that statement casually and with ease. He does a brilliant job with it. Clearly transforming a what could be vulgar statement to another state of cuteness. Such a dialogue in another show would make you uncomfortable and shift in your chair but in RBO because of KT and Yashu it makes you smiles and giggle. Thats where this show stands out.πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

9. Khanak's retort that she does not think like him when he leaves his clothes all around the room was perfect. Typical nok jhok that we missed over the last couple of months. Somewhere this Khanak was buried under the burden of being a typical ideal wife and good daughter-in-law. Now she is back and how! Has an answer for everything and it obvious that Yashu's excels when Khanak retorts.πŸ‘

10. Shaan not giving up and saying that he will keep ranting like how she complains. He actually stammers while calling her "burthal" and ends by calling her Mrs. Burthal...Goodness...so typically Shaan..calling her Mrs. Burthal..so what does that make him? !! If he had called her plain burthal it would not have been Shaan...this is him!! And I love it. Yashu was great all along while she played Shaan relaxing on the couch while fidgeting with the phone. πŸ˜†

Something tells me that the team just left KT and YM astray on the sets and said "Go guys have fun.." and this is what we got!! I hope that do it more often!😊

Edited by Souma.N - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-YasharanArshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This is how the Ease is defined - perfect Words Souma !!!!!

Something tells me that the team just left KT and YM astray on the sets and said "Go guys have fun.." and this is what we got!! I hope that do it more often!😊 

Great Great Great Analysis Soumaa .... Absolutely Detailed ...
Loved it !!!

Edited by rbo_d_best - 13 years ago
bones88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Mindblowing Analysis SoumaπŸ‘... and the last line nailed it completelyπŸ˜‰
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Off to lunch... be right back to comment:)
shanakyasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
souma wat a superb analysis
 awesome
 evrrything tht v wanna say is said by all u gr8 grls
-Ray- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
WOW!! how beuatifully  u have said it all.
loved ur  Attention to detail: part.

loved ur 'super scene " part.πŸ‘

btw did some one notice n dining table scene when ym comes sunil tells her, 'aao shaan, tumhara gal frnd ka call aaya tha'

khanak immediately forgets her charecter, she is back to being khanak, worried abt 'some gal frnd of her hubby frm london'....can it get natural than this? I guess nt.
Edited by cadbery - 13 years ago
Souma.N thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Oh ya....Rupa I completely forgot that scene....Sunil screaming for his "bahuuuuuu"...super hit!!

Even when he taunts Shaan and Shaan actually makes those faces in the hall..lovely!

The whole episode was a class apart.

The very fact that I am doing this from office...proves how much i loved the episode.
shanakyasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
bahuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu oooooohh bahu n khanaks superb smiling face at it was awesome n shaans face wen sunil says all d best khanak he looks sooooo cute
 these expressions tht they make r classic re...........no wrds to describe how droolwrthy these 2 can b
tvrasika thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Oh Souma, gosh, that was a beautiful, succint summary of the state of RBO in the last 2-3 months, and what ysterday's episode means to all those who have been loyally following this show! Thank youπŸ‘

The dinner scene, as you say, captures the change very well. I saw the 10:30 repeat and 1 p,m repeat (and will see 3:30 p.m as well). Notice when Sunil gives his pravachan abt love and understanding, Madhvi says 'seekho, seekho'... less than a second later, we see Shaan saying to Sunil 'Seekho', and another nano second, we hear Sunil tell Madhvi 'Khana bananaa seekho'... the whole thing took less than 10 secs but it was continuous, smooth and made perfect sense! Bcos that's how people talk around the table... they dont wait for someone to finish and the BG music to come on before speaking!

Good touch by CVs there!
priya_cool_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ Gaayu  to add to that.. Akki also starts with thank god.. Khushboo so gaayi.. before even sunil finishes.... very natural..

@ Souma  welcome back.. Awesome post....
The epi made u come back and that itself shows how good it was... Hoping to see more of such episodes and you analysin it...

ok there was this credit card scene .. a little out of place..But in that scene when shaan tells her that he had not paid the credit card bills.. there isnt a trace of guilt in his face and was infact proud of it ..Lol ..So typically Shaan .." Budthal"

And Khanak s reply of Shantanu wud only call his dad if he is caught up in a situation like that... Lol .. How well she knows her Budthal husband... and taking control of that.. WOw very natural..

And we didn get any cliche that can be usually associated with that scene.....

I thought of mentioning this one cos it is the one scene less talked about in the entire epi....