Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF-Aankhon Mein Teri (Part1:Ch.1-15) (Page 78)

SahSah IF-Sizzlerz
SahSah
SahSah

Posted: 24 July 2011 at 6:05am | IP Logged
That was awesome update as always !!!!

craziekudi IF-Sizzlerz
craziekudi
craziekudi

Posted: 25 July 2011 at 4:05am | IP Logged
oh poor geet...

thanks foir the update... please continue soon!!
zaara2212 IF-Sizzlerz
zaara2212
zaara2212

Posted: 31 July 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Laxmi when are you updating Cry
thendral_111 Senior Member
thendral_111
thendral_111

Posted: 31 July 2011 at 7:38am | IP Logged
niceSmile
waiting for next part
sweet scorpio IF-Sizzlerz
sweet scorpio
sweet scorpio

Posted: 01 August 2011 at 7:32am | IP Logged
awesomeee!!!!

atleast geet gt hold of maan through email!

continue soon!
libra25 IF-Rockerz
libra25
libra25

Posted: 04 August 2011 at 7:12am | IP Logged
plz update this as well
laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 05 August 2011 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

Aankhon Mein Teri

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter10

To: MSK.CEO@khuranaconstructions.com
Subject: Re: DO NOT DELETE! Important, please read.

In answer to your question, I got this email address from Adi after I told him that I needed to contact you about a personal matter. Please don't be angry with him. I was very insistent.

Do you really think you can figure something out about our situation that will work? What I mean is something that won't upset Dadima? Because I tried everything I could think of, and nothing worked. In fact, once again she insisted that I stay in your room. Sorry, but there wasn't much I could do about that.

Geet

PS: Why do you address me as Madam?

It was quite late at night by the time Geet was able to send her reply, so she didn't expect an answer back right away. Instead, she got ready for bed and thought about how upset Dadima was when she found out that Maan was gone for a business trip. She knew that Dadima was counting on Maan coming home from work and being forced to deal with them, but Geet wished that Dadima would realize that you couldn't force someone to have a relationship with you. Oh, well. She had informed Maan, and asked him to take care of the problem now. Hopefully he would actually do something useful.

To: HoshiarpurExpress@cooldesimail.net
Subject: Re: DO NOT DELETE! Important, please read.

I believe that I will respond to your ps first. I address you as Madam because it is a short, but polite form of address. It would be ridiculous to call you Mrs. Khurana all the time. What other options would be appropriate?

Now, regarding Adi giving you this email address. I've known Adi a long time, we've worked together for a number of years, so I know him well. He never would have divulged this email address for a frivolous reason, so I would not punish him for doing so in this instance.

I will of course be able to come up with some solution to our situation. I see no point in being modest about the fact that I run the largest construction company in India. Given that, it should be easy to figure out some way to appease Dadima. It would help if I knew why you were in Delhi, since it is quite strange for her to come back after all this time. I mean, what reason did Dadima give for coming there and leaving Chandigarh?

Maan Singh Khurana

Since they were home alone with nothing to do, Dadima had insisted that Geet go out shopping with her. Geet didn't really feel a need to go shopping, but she indulged Dadima anyway. It was late afternoon by the time they returned and Geet was able to check her mail. As soon as she read Maan's email she sent off her own reply.

Subject: Call me GEET!

I definitely want you to call me Geet! Madam makes me sound like I'm fifty, instead of twenty-one. Really, given the circumstances, I think it is silly for us to be so formal with each other.

Somehow I thought that Dadima had already told you that I'm attending Delhi University to do my masters in psychology. I may be wrong about that. Anyway, that's why I'm here and Dadima came to accompany me. What did you mean, it was strange for Dadima to come back after all this time?

Geet

Subject: Re: Call me GEET!

Geet, I apologize for offending your feminine sensibilities by treating you older than your age. I will address you by name from now on. I will admit that I am perhaps a little too used to a business environment, which my influence my behavior toward others in ways that are unexpected.

So, you are doing your masters in psychology. Do you intend to become a therapist and fix everyone's problems? If that is the case, then I don't see that you should need my help at all. Just sit Dadima down on your couch, discuss everybody's feelings, and in no time, the problem should be solved.

Sarcasm aside, the easiest course of action would have been to do your masters in Chandigarh itself. Then this situation never would have arisen in the first place. I guess there's nothing that can be done about it now, so the best suggestion I have is for you to tell Dadima that you don't like leaving Nani alone back in Chandigarh. I will also say something to Dadima, and between the two of us, that should be enough to convince her to go home.

Maan

PS: Or, you could just tell Dadima that you want to go back to Chandigarh and do your masters there. That would save us a lot of trouble.

Subject: Re: Call me GEET!

For your information, I already tried insisting on staying in Chandigarh but Dadima wouldn't agree after she spoke with my principal. I also tried to insist that I could stay by myself and that she shouldn't leave Nani all alone, but that idea was also disagreed with. Oh, and before you come up with any other wonderful suggestions, I also tried convincing them that I could stay in a hostel, but they wouldn't except that option either. The only other thing I can think that would actually work is to drop out of school, but I will never do that, so don't even suggest it. As far as your other suggestion goes, since I start classes next week, it's a little late to go back to Chandigarh now.

What I would like to know is what you have against psychology and therapists that you feel the need to be sarcastic? Incase you can't tell, the question is a genuine one, and not a sarcastic response to your own sarcasm.

Geet

Geet wanted to say a lot more in her email than what she did, most of it extremely rude. However, she knew that he was unlikely care what she thought about his thoughtless ideas. Instead, it would likely cause him to stop emailing her, and she didn't want that to happen. Now that they were actually communicating, Geet didn't want to do anything to jeopardize that.

Subject: Therapists

The thing about therapists is that the very nature of their profession means that they analyze everything a person does. I don't like the idea of talking to someone and feeling like they are trying to figure out everything that is wrong with me. First figure out what is wrong with yourself before you try fixing other's lives.

Whatever! If that's what you want to do with your life, it's your choice. I will keep trying to figure out some way to deal with Dadima.

Maan.

Subject: Re: Therapists

O hello! Just because someone is a therapist doesn't mean that they always try to analyze everyone they talk to. And therapy is not about the therapist "fixing" the patient. The therapist's job is to help the patient understand themselves better and find their own solutions. Actually, that is why I love studying psychology. It helps you understand people better so that you can have better relationships with them. You would need to do this in business also. I'm sure there are classes related to business psychology, that teach students about human behavior related to business practices. Anyway, who said I wanted to be a therapist? You just assumed.

Geet.

Subject: Sorry

My humble apologies for assuming, but the question remains if you do not become a therapist, what will you do with your psychology degree? Somehow I can't quite picture you as a college professor, but then what is left? Anyway, good luck on starting school.

Maan

Subject: Re: Sorry

Apology accepted, though somehow I can't quite see you being humble about it. I don't know yet what I want to do with my degree, except that I want to help people. I'm just starting the program so I have some time to decide about the future. How is your trip going? I hope the projects are meeting your expectations.

Geet

Over the next month Geet and Maan emailed back and forth at least a few times a week. Neither let on to Dadima that they were in communication with each other, leaving the older woman to fret about how she was going to accomplish her mission. At times Geet felt like asking Maan if they really needed to continue with this idea of staying seperate. She could understand if he wasn't ready to have an actual marriage relationship. After all, she was also a little hesitant about that given the distance between them over the last year. However, she felt that maybe they could be friends and perhaps had already started through their emails. The only thing stopping her was the fear that if she brought up the subject, the easy communication between them would cease. She definitely didn't want that.

Subject: Question

I've been staring at your email id for over a month and wondering, why HoshiarpurExpress?

Maan

Subject: Answer

It was a nickname some of the girls in college gave me not too long after I started. The Hoshiarpur part should be obvious, since that is my birth place. The Express is because sometimes when I get started, I just can't stop talking. My friend Pinky thought it was funny and suggested that I use it when I finally got my own email.

Geet

Subject: Re: Answer

Yes, I've noticed that you do tend to talk a lot. Even some of your emails about what happened at school are almost as long as a novel. I suppose HoshiarpurExpress fits you perfectly.

Maan

Subject: Re: Answer

You're trying to make fun of me again, aren't you? I don't talk that much, but I suppose that compared to someone like you, who barely speaks a word, it seems like I talk a lot. But hey, we can't all be as kanjoos with our words as the great MSK.

Geet

Geet expected to get a reply within a day or two, maybe a little bit grumpy in tone, but also full of Maan's dry humor. She got nothing. A week passed and there was no email. At first Geet thought that he must be really busy. She tried to concentrate on her studies and relax, waiting for him to email her back. Still she got nothing, which started making her wonder if she had said something wrong that made him upset with her. She read over her email and could find only one thing she thought may have triggered his ire.

Subject: I'm sorry

Maan, it's been over two weeks since I replied to your email and you haven't emailed me back. Did I say something to make you angry? If you're mad because I called you kanjoos, please don't be, I was only joking. You're right, sometimes I talk too much and write too much, that to without thinking. I hope everything is alright with you and that your trip is still going well.

Geet

Subject: Back to business

My trip will be ending in a few days and we have yet to discuss how to handle the situation when I get back. I have thought a great deal and can see only one possible option that will work at the present. You and I will have a fight that will convince Dadima that we are very upset with each other. That will give us a good justification for staying in different rooms and away from each other.

Maan

Subject: Re: Back to business

A fight? You and I are going to have a fight? About what? Do you honestly think that us having a fight will work? Even if Dadima is convinced, she will still try to act as a peace maker between us. Anyway, I don't think I could put on a fake fight in front of anyone, least of all Dadima. I don't mean to be rude, but this is a stupid idea.

Geet

Subject: Re: Back to business

Well, it's the only idea that either of us has come up with that stands a chance of succeeding. And nowhere did I say that we would fight in front of Dadima. I will talk to Dadima myself and explain about our fight. All I need you to do is back me up when she talks to you. Now, I'm going to be busy these last few days, so don't bother emailing me again, as I won't have time to reply back.

Maan

Geet walked into the mansion, just back from school, as Dadima was speaking on the phone. "Haan, Sonali, Geet abhi ghar pahunche. Such? Hum iss bare mein kuch nahin pata hain." (Yes, Sonal, Geet just now arrived home. Really? I don't know anything about that.)

Geet placed her book bag on the table as Dadima covered the phone with her hand and said, "Geet, Sonali told me that a few days ago a young woman game while Sonali was out shopping, asking for you. She didn't leave her name."

Dadima went back to her conversation with Nani, leaving Geet confused. A young woman came to the Singh haveli, asking for her? Who would come asking for her, Pinky? Pinky was the only person Geet could think of, but she had never told Pinky where she was staying. And anyway, Pinky knew she was in Delhi. Still, Geet pulled out her phone to give her friend a call. Pinky should be done with her classes for the day, just as Geet was.

"Hello, Geet, how are you?" answered Pinky.

"I'm fine, Pinky. Actually, I called to ask, did you visit my home? I mean, the place where I was staying in Chandigarh?"

"No, Geet. I still don't know where your relatives' house is. You, yourself didn't want me to come over because they were old and their health was not good. Anyway, I know you are in Delhi, so why would I try to meet you here? You don't think I was spying, do you?"

"No, Pinky, I know you would never do that. It's just that they said someone came looking for me there."

"Well, it wasn't me."

"Okay, Pinky, I'll talk to you later." Geet hung up the phone, even more puzzled than before. Who else would come looking for her in Chandigarh, who didn't already know she was in Delhi?

While she continued in her confusion, Gopal came to talk to her, and in the background Geet could hear Dadima exclaim, "Maan ghar aa rahe hain? Khurana haveli? Sonali, aap such bol rahe hain? Kab?" (Maan is coming home? Khurana mansion? Sonali, are you speaking the truth? When?)

Geet wanted to find out what Dadima and Nani were talking about, but Gopal claimed her attention. He explained that there was a young woman outside who had asked for her. The security guards would not let her in the mansion, so the young lady asked that Geet come out. Geet immediately thought that it was too much of a coincidence not to be the same person who was looking for her back in Chandigarh. She went out to the main gate to she who it could be and never was more shocked!

"Meera!" cried Geet, running to her friend and embracing her.

When Geet's arms moved around Meera, she started crying uncontrollably, worrying Geet very much. She quickly ushered Meera inside and made her sit on the couch. She had Nakul, who had come with them, get Meera some water and start making some tea, before getting down to the important business. She wanted to know why Meera had come.

Dadima knew who Meera was, and seeing her cry quickly enquired about Dev's well being. Meera assured them that he was fine. Geet could care less about her erstwhile finace, but her friend was another matter. It was clear just from looking at her that Meera was not well. It was not just her red eyes and blotchy face from crying, but her skin was pale and her hair limp. It also looked to Geet like she had lost weight.

Meera began her narration by telling how she had gone back to her Mama's in Hoshiarpur and been cruelly reject due to her elopement. She had also discovered that Geet married Dev's brother and had gone to Chandigarh, which was the reason Meera had gone there. When she found out from the servants that Geet was staying at the Khurana mansion in Delhi, she used the last of her money to get here. Of course Geet was upset with the way Meera had been treated by her family, but she couldn't understand why Meera was so desperate to meet her.

"Geet, main...main maa banne wali hoon." (Geet, I...I am pregnant.)

Meera burst into tears, while Geet and Dadima looked on in shock. Dadima instantly questioned about where her grandson was, and why he left her all alone in this condition. Meera tearfully explained that he had left her for another woman. When they eloped from the wedding more than a year ago, Dev had promised Meera that they would marry, but he wanted to get his career started first. He told her that he always wanted to be an actor, but the family would never support his decision.

Meera continued the tale, telling how they went to Mumbai, how she got a job to support them while he tried to get acting work. That was basically their life until she found out she was pregnant. At first Dev seemed to be happy, but as time went by Meera noticed a change. He became irritable, would stay out late, never tell where he went and get mysterious phone calls. Eventually they had a big fight where he told her that he was in love with another woman and was going to live with her. Meera begged him to reconsider for the sake of their child, but he told her she should get an abortion because he was never going to accept the child as his.

Savitri and Geet were shocked that Dev could treat Meera and his child in such a way. Geet asked if this was why her family in Hoshiarpur wouldn't take her in. Meera confirmed and said that her Mamaji blamed her mother for marrying a Christian against the family's wish, and said that all this was happening to her because of that. With no support and no where else to go, Meera had come to Geet, hoping that her friend would have enough humanity to forget the past and give her help.

"Of course we will help you, Beti. You will stay right here and I'll have Nakul prepare a room for you immediately," exclaimed Dadima.

As Geet and Dadima's attention moved from the sad young lady sitting in front of them, they noticed that there was another witness to the awful tale. Geet had been so wrapped up in Meera's plight, that she had completely forgotten about overhearing that Maan was coming home. So when she saw him standing in the doorway for the first time in over a year, she was completely shocked. But even more shocking was the look in his eyes. The first time she had seen those eyes on their wedding day, they held more emotions than could have ever been counted. Now they seemed to hold only one emotion, anger.

Geet was stunned to silence by his presence, but Dadima tried to speak with him. Maan barely let her say a word before he silently indicated to his grandmother that he wanted to speak with her alone. Geet watched perplexed as Dadima meekly trailed after Maan as he stalked towards the area of the mansion that held his home office. Meera was afraid of the silent man, and questioned Geet about his behavior. Geet assured her that she need not worry, that Geet herself would find out what was happening and that she should just sit and rest. Before leaving to follow the duo, Geet made sure that Nakul arranged for her to have something to eat.

When Geet approached the office, something that no one else would have had the courage to do, she could hear the sounds of an argument between Dadima and Maan. Slowly opening the door so that she did not call attention to herself, Geet eased inside the room, unprepared to receive even more shocks. She was shocked to find out that Maan wanted to kick Meera out, believing that a girl who would associate with his useless brother must be nothing more than an opportunist, thinking to take advantage of them. She was shocked that Maan believed she was lying about her pregnancy to ensure a place in the mansion and a piece of the family fortune.

Even more shocking than this was the revelation that everyone in the Singh and Khurana households, including Dadima and Nani, as well as Maan, had concealed an important truth from her. This truth was undoubtedly the reason that her husband never wanted to be around her, and did everything he could to avoid her company. It was also likely the reason that he always seemed able to speak so much just with his eyes. Listening to the fight over Meera's stay in the mansion between Dadima and her husband, Geet came to know that she had married a man with a severe stutter.

Laxmi's Lafz:

Originally posted by deniac

ust 1 question...aint it really very very wierd that Maan hasnt come back home or spoken to geet even once in 6 months?????

A lot of you mentioned that Maan's behavior is really weird, but only deniac mentioned how strange it was that he hasn't even spoken to Geet once. That was a very important part of the plot because due them never having a conversation before, Geet never knew that her dusht danaav, pagal pati, Maan Singh Khurana has a stutter.

Stay tuned for more.

Edited by laxmi2010 - 05 August 2011 at 3:06pm

The following 232 member(s) liked the above post:

yash_bdnimmi26skydaffodils7monija75dpurvagaberinlwgeetroshni77san1989nehavashibindiyas1980labyrinth.dhini....shreya...angeljyotiSalmankatsweetmelonaruna15piyasinghpreetianand21maancrazyfatiya52110kasturi1101leotheliongagsymistletoe22asmi123tellycrazyammyicycoolvydehisonupat-divya-TinkJiasaragulwifeycreddymmishra1lakshmisalvadiGemmjoa123reenasvblessednimbhakbhartifantaanniMaankiMariamprizauzmam1Saj110YusLizAngel.KhushihemvbSapphireFlamesvij10thendral_111naamteegdiyachill-BeingAppy-Bkhascue1hamini_yashpiyushianaum91Classy_GallovepoorostAliceTmanjusha_92MSgayatriannie.shonaalfiya7pari_DDRihanna4allTRND86sun4uannbellDiva7sessychiki143mystique_girlCrystalSayacutemishtiLadyArwenHADmishti-eiya-mishtibBluntlySpeakingNazmaaabina03cool_gal17nan_10s-o-m-m-i-em-g19Nav2010CuteTommyshivangi783maansi007dimpzzanisharoy1Mina420dmg_roks_antaradreamy4everzaqxswixrayteri_susanbushrayoumasinbabygurl10aksntanya_viKkadss--Kesh--anshimanshidhrashtee-Deepzz-Dhara_sytanujaiqbals4everputhraj_202cyum321chubzyTheBratvidu87GurruKiDeewani-jazzerette9staroneserialsninaviseshatreemaanujaanuprincess163-SmexySmile-ambeernsheetalvasaShimmerr-bansi-angel_smilyMaaneet4eveSophroniapreetymaaneetnats0101Koolsmilekiran_rati-Zahra15-TeamMcSwarek_wallflower_kabslockshoneygrapeDilsayRamharipaponeconritzy09ammu5Maaneet.Lover-Prithi-ambbihawajiha-1-memorable-krati5rupzloveuLuvScoobysmj1977.shrutiKrishnaluv94soni4evasanu3108Ash1991mrk-1meravigilisoangullgrl91aanyakunatninandnisha_hc_bs_ddlil_desi_goddesaamirkhanfanesha143-pixie-shruti_luvs_mskpunjabi.princesAntaresvrsharma--Saavi--anjucoolsweet cherryprerna1SahSah-afsha-namita25mandymoresweet scorpiokooliiomitzi11MistiofMistzliv2laughnahtani88jnawazLeenasmgdivareenacraziekudi--Ratna--vivacious_gurlrsroopali..hinal..shah10yoga23priyapreethiachsweety22ShalvekahkashansakinaTyrozaara2212Soapoperasrfun6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6mayyolove2_somamaaneetsangelpunam2712---nishu---Padfoot_ProngsCraziest_MGSheenGcianMadhuri53vrinda22Loquacious_Aashcookie._BlackPearl_mysteriousmillibhanu_rekhagpickachuspvdkhwaishfanMysticRivernotfadedawayDownhill

priza Senior Member
priza
priza

Posted: 05 August 2011 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
wonderful update...are you going to update more now?

Go to top