Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF-Aankhon Mein Teri (Part1:Ch.1-15) (Page 137)

SaritaMSK Goldie
SaritaMSK
SaritaMSK

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 5:02am | IP Logged
Any chances of this one getting updated any soon..its been long

--aarthi-- IF-Sizzlerz
--aarthi--
--aarthi--

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged
di when are u going to update... me missing it very much
kahkashansakina IF-Sizzlerz
kahkashansakina
kahkashansakina

Posted: 31 December 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
WISH U A
laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 02 January 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged

Aankhon Mein Teri

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter14

n the month following Meera's death, Geet rarely smiled at anything but David's progress and increasingly cute antics. In an effort to cheer the young woman up, Dadima suggested that Geet go visit her family for a few weeks before school started again. While Geet would have loved to visit home for the first in two years, she couldn't forget Daarji's words when he learned about David. The abuses he had hurled at her over the phone, and the names he had called her precious little boy would not soon be forgotten. She hadn't told Dadima or Nani anything about what Daarji had said, other than he wasn't happy about the adoption. She definitely wasn't going to risk taking her son to Hoshiarpur with her grandfather's attitude, not even to see her mother.

Dadima and Nani couldn't see Geet looking so down. If she couldn't go home then they were determined to bring home to her. When Daarji actually agreed to let Rano come to Delhi for a visit, no one was happier than the woman herself. Rano especially eager to she her only child again, as well as make the acquaintance of her adopted grandchild. There was only one mar on her happiness and that was her son-in-law. Rano had been hoping things would improve between Maan and Geet, but their relationship seemed to be just the same.

Her son-in-law always seemed to have some excuse to be away from home. She knew that she herself was unaware of what it took to run a business as large as the Khurana empire, but Maan still appeared to be away more than necessary. Rano had even considered the horrible possibility that he might be having an afair. She hadn't wanted to voice this concern to her daughter, but when Maan's two week unexpected business trip was "extended" for another two weeks, Rano had to say something.

"Beti, mujhse galti hogayi. Mujhe maaf kar do. Maaf kar do, beti." (Daughter, I have made a mistake. Forgive me.)

Geet couldn't understand why her mother was saying these words, or looking so sad. "Maa, tum kya keh rahi ho? Mujhse maafi mang rahi ho? Aisa mat bol. Tumne kuch galat nahi kiya." (Mom, what are you saying? Asking me for forgiveness? Don't say that. You didn't do anything wrong.)

"No, Geet. Everything is my fault. I supported your marriage, and now see what has happened. Damaadji is never here for you, not even now that you've adopted David. This is not the life I wanted for you, Beti."

Geet tried her best to reassure her mother that there was nothing to worry about, that she was happy with the way things were, but her efforts were in vain. Though it was not easy to live under Daarji's authority, Rano had been very happy with Mohinder. She wanted that same happiness for her daughter in her own marriage. Knowing Geet's nature, she realized that the young girl would never fight for her own rights as a wife, no matter how much she might fight for someone else. She was not at all pleased with her damaad's behavior, or Geet's seeming indifference, but there wasn't much she could do. Her precious daughter had turned out very independent, just as her husband wished.

Rano was forced to return home with only one consolation. Geet was happily persuing her education in the field of psychology. She received top marks, huge amounts of praise from her many professors, and her new family proudly supported her in her efforts. The only thing she could do was pray to Babaji that he would do something for her daughter's married life. Giving her blessings to her daughter and new grandson, Rano left the Khurana mansion, hoping that time would bring about a chance for the better.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Feeling lonely

Maa left today, and I'm really missing her. I miss my Papaji too. Tell me something interesting to distract me.

Subject: Re: Feeling lonely

Wow, what a polite request. And just what do you expect me to tell you that would be sufficiently interesting enough to distract from the parental separation disorder that you seem to be feeling so acutely?

Parental separation disorder? Are you trying to kill me by laughter? Anyway, I never knew you had a sense of humor. Who would have thought that the great MSK, the person with big, angry eyes, who never smiles, could actually think of something funny? No, not only think of it, but share it? What else is going on in that enigmatic brain of yours?

Only a neuroscientist would be able to tell you. If you're done taking pot shots at me, shouldn't you be getting ready for school? The semester starts next week, and now that you have the baby to consider, I'm sure you're going to find things to be more stressful and difficult. It's pretty late. You should make sure you get enough sleep. You don't want to be getting sick.

Why, Mr. Khurana, I didn't know you cared! (Said in gushing tones, and with eyelids fluttering furiously.) Seriously, though, if it's late for me, then it is also late for you. You should get some sleep too, if you don't want to get sick. Anyway, I am tired, so I'm going to bed now. Thanks for the emails. They did make me feel better.

Maan knew that Geet had just been kidding when she wrote that line about him caring. Still, it made him uncomfortable, that word "care". It implied a degree of relationship that he was not ready to acknowledge. Coming back from his trip, he mentally prepared himself for the difficult task of distancing himself from his wife. The preparations turned out to highly unnecessary, as Geet was too busy with school and David to even pay him much attention. Maan told himself that he was happy with the situation, as he too was busy. Yet, somehow that didn't feel quite as true as it had two years, or even a year ago. Somehow things felt different.

He couldn't ignore the presence of his wife, or the baby like he used to. When he was home, his ears constantly seemed to pick up the slightest sound that they made. When he was at work, he had to constantly redirect his thoughts away from wondering how Geet was doing, or what new milestone David had crossed. It got to the point where Maan started working from home more. After all, there didn't seem to be any place that he could go to get away from the thoughts that plagued him. It wasn't even as bad at home as he would have thought, from what little he knew about babies. The boy didn't really make much noise, or cry too much, at least not that much that it really disturbed him. Usually.

Maan could hear the whimpers coming from the room at the end of the wing. Geet or Dadima usually responded quickly, so he expected to see one of them hurrying passed his room to the room shared by Geet and David. Contrary to his expectations, the crying continued and no one came, not even one of the servants. Maan would have preferred to ignore the crying, as he knew that someone would be along eventually to look after the child. But the baby's pitiful wails were too difficult to keep from responding to, prompting Maan to venture into a room he had previously never entered. He had no idea what to do as he had never handle a baby before. In fact, David was the first baby he had ever even been near.

Peeking over the edge of the crib, he saw the tiny boy laying, his face scrunched up in distress as he continued to wail. Maan looked around to see if there was anything that the crying child might want. Up at the head of the crib he saw a stuffed animal. Picking it up, he held it out to the infant who stopped crying as he looked at the offering. When the baby grabbed the toy, Maan thought that would satisfy him enough that he could leave. His hopes were thwarted when a few seconds later, David started crying again. Maan was unsure what else to do, but he felt that he had to do something. He couldn't just let the little guy lay there, all miserable.

Geet knew it was close to the time when David would wake up wanting his bottle. That was why she had gone to prepare it after taking a break from her studying. However, it seemed that she wasn't quite fast enough, for pretty soon she had heard his loud cries, cries that he usually didn't have to make due to the quick attention of the entire household. Knowing that it would only get worse the longer she delayed, Geet quickly hurried from the kitchen to the bedroom, the bottle clutched tightly in her hand. When the baby's crying suddenly stopped as she turned down the corridor, Geet assumed that Dadima, or one of the servants must have picked him up. That was why she was all the more shocked to see Maan standing there, holding the baby awkwardly, and even more surprising, talking with almost no hint of a stutter.

"What's wrong, buddy? D..did you think Mama forgot about you? Were you feeling like nobody was going to come? Don't worry, I'm...sure that Mama will be here...soon."

Maan shifted David into a hold against his shoulder, his previous hold feeling too precarious, while he commented, "I hope you d..d..don't need a...diaper change, because I have no...skills in that area."

The baby just stuffed his fingers in his mouth, while keeping his gaze on Maan's face. Geet continued to watch while Maan talked to David about various topics. Though it was obvious that he was not experienced holding a baby, which his constant shifting of the child made obvious, she thought he did quite well. Watching the two Khurana men together for the first time, Geet felt an almost overpowering warmth spread through her. The way Maan tried to speak with the baby, even talking a bit about construction and business, was just so sweet. From the way David continued to look wide-eyed at the man who was legally his father, it was obvious that he found Maan fascinating.

Pulling his fingers out of his mouth, David reached up toward's Maan's face, babbling, "Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba, ma, ma, ma," as he frequently did these days.

When the little wet fingers found their way to Maan's jaw, he exclaimed, "What are you...trying to do, give me a bath with your...drool?"

That response was just too funny for Geet not to react. She burst out giggling from her spot at the door, alerting both Maan and David to her presence. David was clearly happy to see her, giving a smile and more of his baby babble. Maan's reaction was less certain, shock and a bit of embarrassment on his face. When Geet moved into the room and towards the two males, Maan's eyes darted around, as if he was looking for a place to hide. When she stopped only a few feet in front of them, David dropped the stuffed toy he was holding in his excitement, while Maan swallowed anxiously.

"Uh...I...uh...h..h..he was..s..s crying...s..so I..uh...just p..p..p...picked him...up. S..s..s..sor..ry."

"You don't need to say sorry," said Geet, as she picked up the toy and handed it back to a happy David. "You're his father."

Maan didn't know what to make of the look that Geet gave or her words when she said, "He likes you."

That look was something he had never seen directed at him before, nor did he know how to respond to her comment, other than with a very shaky, "W...what?"

"David likes you. He usually only lets me, Dadima or Nani hold him without crying. He's not crying when you hold him, so that means he likes you. Do you want to feed him his bottle?"

If it was possible, Maan's eyes widened even more, while he squeaked, "Me?" in a tone reminiscent of his pubescent years, complete with the breaking voice. Clearing his throat, he raised his objection that, "I d..don't know...uh..uh..uh any..th..thing about...f..f.feeding a b..baby."

Geet wouldn't except his objection, asserting that it would be much easier than he thought. Insisting that he sit in the rocking chair, she helped him hold David properly, before handing over the bottle. With some hesitation, Maan held up the bottle to the baby's mouth, surprised at how he grabbed for it and pulled the nipple right into his mouth. While David sucked away hungrily, Maan looked back to Geet, the emotion in her eyes and smile on her face holding his attention captive. In that moment, with they baby in his arms and the baby's mother standing near them, Maan felt something shift inside him. Some unnamed emotion began to stir in his heart, something that was as incomprehensible as anything he had ever felt.

Though Maan's instinct would have been to again try to avoid any type of new emotion or closeness, Geet didn't allow it. From that day she continued to seek out Maan's involvement in David's care. She taught him how to burp the baby, how to change a diaper and put him to sleep. She carefully explained the challenges that David faced as a preemie, and even insisted that Maan come to one of the frequent doctor appointments they regularly had. Whenever Maan tried to object, she would mention how much a boy needed a man in his life, completely disregarding her early promise not to have any expectations of fatherly participation on his part.

Eventually Maan began interacting with David on his own. When Geet needed to do school work at night, he would offer to put the baby to sleep. His methods were a little odd. Instead of a bedtime story, Maan would turn on one of the dozen sports channels and discuss whichever game or match was being shown while David had his bedtime bottle. The tiny boy was too young to understand the words, but he found his father's voice very soothing, for he always drifted off to sleep just as quickly for Maan as he did for Geet. The newly formed bond between father and son was very heartening for Savitri and Sonali to see. The precious infant was slowly bringing his parents closer, and though it might take awhile, both women were sure that eventually Maan and Geet would reach a new level in their relationship as husband and wife.

Subject: Are you sure?

Is it really a good idea to be taking David to Chandigarh like this? I mean, he's still so little, and you know that preemies are much more susceptible to disease than normal babies. I can't think it will be good to expose him to such a trip and so many people. Why do you even have to go? It's not like you're good friends with the Chopras. They're all a bunch of stuck up people, especially that Karishma. I mean, think about it. They have to plan an engagement right around New Year's and actually have the ceremony on New Year's Eve? They basically are forcing all their relatives and friends to spend the holiday with them, as if it is their right. What if people have other plans? All I can say is, you just better be prepared to act indebted for being invited, or you will be ostracized.

Subject: Re: Are you sure?

Wow, you really don't like these people, do you? Well, regardless, yes I am sure. I've already talked with David's doctor and he thinks that everything should be fine. After all, if he can do fine on the trip to Banaras when he was only six months, he should be fine going to Chandigarh now that he's almost a year old. And no, I don't know the Chopras and I wasn't invited, Nani was. Nani wants David and I to come so that she can show off her great-grandson. You know that she and the bride's mother are friends. I doubt that there is any chance of me being "ostracized" as you put it. I think that you are just upset that you can't come, but that's your own fault. If you didn't take these long business trips all the time, then you might actually be available for family invitations. No one to blame but yourself, Mr. Khurana, no one but yourself.

I sometimes wonder how your mind works. Why on earth should I be blamed for having to once again come out to Raipur to deal with a labor dispute? Do you actually think that I call up the union leaders and say "Please stir up an angry mob so that I have an excuse to leave my company headquarters in Delhi and come visit all of you"? Yes, that is just what I do, because I don't have enough work to keep three people busy at home. Whatever, have a good time in Chandigarh if you can, and don't forget to keep David dressed warm enough.

You think there is something wrong about the way my mind works? Just give your own thinking some consideration. You talk like I'm some uninitiated babysitter who's taking David to the North Pole. You do realize that the temperature and climate in Chandigarh is pretty much just the same as Delhi, right? He will be perfectly warm enough in the clothes that he has, no worries. You just concentrate on your labor dispute. Those things can be very tricky.

You say that like you have experience. I know labor disputes can be tricky. And I'm not worried about David, I just want you to remember that it's rainier in Chandigarh than Delhi, or even Punjab at this time of year. You wouldn't want him to catch a cold.

Alright, Papaji, I will make sure that your son doesn't catch cold, okay? Now, really, I have to pack since we are leaving in a few hours.

Maan didn't return from his trip until the thirty first of December, the labor dispute having taken up almost two weeks of his time. When he walked into the mansion, with only Nakul there to keep him company, he almost felt like leaving again. With the ladies also out of town, the rest of the servants had been given the holidays off, leaving the Khurana mansion to be a very big, very empty structure over the new year. Doing his duty, Nakul heated up some dinner, before retiring on Maan's orders.

With no work, and no one to keep him company, Maan turned to the logical choice of entertainment. Flipping through television channels, he saw various broadcasts from the networks celebrating the coming holiday. He finally settled on one, more for background noise, rather than any actual interest. Maan himself wasn't in a very festive mood, feeling quite lonely in the empty house after the months of constant interaction with Geet and David, as well as both his grandmothers. It was times like this when Maan really wished that he could speak normally like other people. He hated that his disability made it too difficult for him to participate in social functions. It wasn't that he like social functions, but neither did he like being left home alone.

When he thought about it, attending any function with David would be well worth his while. He got a big kick out of the kid's antics, and now that he seemed to be easing out of his stranger anxiety, Maan was sure he would be the life of any party. Of course, there was also the boy's mother. Maan couldn't deny there was something about Geet that pulled him toward her, with her beautiful smile especially hard to resist. He had a feeling that maybe they had finally become friends, and even if they were never more than that, he knew that he enjoyed her company.

Thinking about his missing family only served to illustrate how unenthusiastic Maan was about celebrating alone. Contemplating whether he should just turn the television off and go to bed, Maan's thoughts were interrupted from a sound at the main door. Wondering what it could be, as Nakul had gone to bed, Maan left his study. He arrived at the main entrance just in time to see the door open, and Mohan, along with Geet, stepping through the door ladened with suitcases. Maan couldn't have been more surprised, and if it wasn't for the cool night air racing in behind them, Maan would have thought they were a hallucination.

"W..what are y..y.y..you...d..doing here?" he questioned, when Geet noticed his presence.

"Oh, I...uh, I decided not to stay for the engagement after all. Nani is still there, but Dadima, David and I drove back tonight."

Maan was sure there was more to the whole thing that what Geet had just said. He was about to question her further when the clocks chimed twelve, indicating midnight. From the study's television both Maan and Geet could clearly hear the announcing wishing happiness in the new year, as well as suggesting a hug or kiss be given to any nearby person. The awkwardness and embarrassment felt by both was only alleviated the entry of Dadima holding a newly awakened David. Geet quickly took him in her arms, giving his chubby cheeks multiple kisses.

"Happy first New Year," she wished him, holding him close.

"Ba, ba, ba, da, da, da, da, ma, ma," he gurgled, not willing to be out done by his mother. Then he saw his father and reached out to him, determined to tell him the same.

When David was handed to him, rather than look at the child he did something that had his dadi giving a large smile. "H..happy New Year, Geet," he said carefully, never taking his eyes from hers.

Geet also could not look away as she responded softly with her own, "Happy New Year, Maan."

Laxmi's Lafz:

I know, I know, once again it has been a long time since there was an update. Really, now that the holidays will be behind us, I think I should be able update more regularly. Hopefully you all will be pleased to see Maan and Geet's relationship moving a bit.

Edited by laxmi2010 - 02 January 2012 at 9:51pm

The following 258 member(s) liked the above post:

nimmi26skydaffodils7sini#81vydehimanjusreedpurvagaberinlwgeetroshni77christshospitalnehavashionly4mailsmaancrazyManeetaddictjagritimanochaWelamishimdream-a-lil.Stuff.leo555Aminagatoenfluffyktauhedge1404AISHAJSmanaal_2011fatiya52110charurithimeet_aaryaageetkamaanmayukhaanu0426gagsymistletoe22fizza25navyanissiasmi123BallumauPaingeltellycrazy5armad-Pwincess-ammyicycoolKaval05creddyTulilakshmisalvadiGemmrsingh0103AG_asmaayu14reenasvbhakbhartifanSaj110-Elfin-thendral_111vij10sakadafihamini_yashooooooBkhascue1naamteegseductivepurpleruchshahpiyushiShilalipiClassy_Galkhansangelmamatha.Rihanna4allnibi_suchibhawna02surbhijn106manjusha_92MSgayatriannie.shonaTRND86pari_DDannbellsun333nityaMONIJA78rostredfoxDiva7oh.petite.onemounacutyits_mesarochiki143sessymystique_girlangilicutemishtifatema_007SphinxNH1971mishtibLadyArwenHADmishti-eiya-CrystalSayaSwaatiiRaina12320tullip2000BluntlySpeakingNazmaavarshrnan_10s-o-m-m-i-e--Dia--CuteTommyabina03Lakshmi86shivangi783dimpzzmaansi007Mina420sonali_22Escapist--Kesh--Oblivion007zaqxswanshimanshikamnababygurl10dhrashteeKkadssteri_susanbushrayouixray-Deepzz--SwaSan-dreamy4everNewdimeCythereaAnu-Ananyachubzyvidu87cyum321jazzerette9staroneserialsNav2010Mojo.ninavi-harini-gangesegbsheetalvasa-SmexySmile-princess163Maaneet4eveShimmerrnats0101preetymaaneetSophronia123mitulsamidsamidinsight555_wallflower_Zohamaaneethad2buTeamMcSwarekMaaneet099KoolsmileIlaTanwar-Zahra15-awesomepoojakiran_ratiNiharika.Nairritzy09paponeconRamhariMaaneet.Loverambeernrupzloveuwajiha-1smj1977.shrutiKrishnaluv94krati5-memorable-LuvScoobybangalores-Veritaserum-Dilsaysanu3108Water.ambbihamrk-1meravigiliso-Prithi-Alameluaanyakunatkomlikaninandidunnoangullgrl91LavZshruti_luvs_mskvrsharmaAntaresshalini01--Saavi--esha143-pixie-punjabi.princesnamita25mandymoresweet scorpionahtani88aamirkhanfanshalini_shinal_maaneetjnawazdivareenapop77Leenasmgprerna1-afsha---aarthi--shah10rsroopaliAsh1991sona-raivivacious_gurl--Ratna--ShalveSoapoperasrfun6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6zaara2212honeygrapeseemamarymandy15preethiaVSai2008ammu5kahkashansakinaTyrolove2_somaPadfoot_ProngsCraziest_MG-Sexy-kkiddoopunam2712kabslocksmayyorenjini263vrinda22Madhuri53_BlackPearl_--Zehnaseeb--bhanu_rekhagkhwaishfanmysteriousmilliKrishna_SouravspvdMysticRiverDownhill.hayaat.

pinku33 Senior Member
pinku33
pinku33

Posted: 02 January 2012 at 1:23am | IP Logged
Awesome update...

Maan line pe aa raha haiWink

Just love their email chatting...

Maan baby talk was soo cute...maan is maan...1 yr old ko sports ki newsLOL

Maan now cant ignore geet and baby and miss them when he's alone...Great improvementSmile

waiting for more maneet  momentsEmbarrassed

Thank you

Happy new Year

Edited by pinku33 - 02 January 2012 at 10:15am
kkiddoo IF-Sizzlerz
kkiddoo
kkiddoo

Posted: 02 January 2012 at 1:23am | IP Logged
awesome ...
loved the way maaneet r coming closer ...
i am sure something must have happened their bcz of which geet is back with dadima and davis LOL

waiting for the next part continue soon ...Wink

Edited by payalpari - 02 January 2012 at 2:13am
Maaneet4eve IF-Dazzler
Maaneet4eve
Maaneet4eve

Posted: 02 January 2012 at 1:40am | IP Logged
r

edited.

Loved the way you described both their feelings... hope to see their relationship going further...

Edited by Maaneet4eve - 02 January 2012 at 1:52am
MysticRiver IF-Addictz
MysticRiver
MysticRiver

Posted: 02 January 2012 at 1:49am | IP Logged
reserved..

Go to top