India-Forums

Gunahon Ka Devta
Gunahon Ka Devta

happy Nowrooz(parsi new year)

chista Goldie
chista
chista

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 11:35pm | IP Logged

Dorood (hello in persian) happy nowrooz (parsi new year) to all of you in advanc.

Since I would spend my Norouz holidays in india, I could not celebrate the first norooz day with you. Therefore, I decided to celebrate it today:

I want to tell u about our beautiful nowrooz

first Haft Sin table:

Haft Sin or the seven 'S's is a major traditional table setting of Nowruz, the traditional Iranian spring celebration.Today The haft sin table includes seven specific items starting with the letter 'S' or Sin  in the Persian alphabet. The items symbolically correspond to seven creations and holy immortals called Amesha Sepanta protecting them. The seven elements of Life, namely Fire, Earth, Water, Air, Plants, Animals, and Human, are represented. They also have Astrological correlations to five planets Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Sun and Moon. With the advent of Islam the word Amesha Sepanta shortened to and eventually was remembered by just the letter S and the number 7. The Haft Sin has evolved over time, but has kept its symbolism. Traditionally, families attempt to set as beautiful a Haft Sin table as they can, as it is not only of traditional and spiritual value, but also noticed by visitors during Nowruzi visitations and is a reflection of their good taste.

The Haft Sin items are:

sabzeh - wheat, barley or lentil sprouts growing in a dish - symbolizing rebirth samanu - a sweet pudding made from wheat germ - symbolizing affluence senjed - the dried fruit of the oleaster tree - symbolizing love sir - garlic - symbolizing medicine sib - apples - symbolizing beauty and health somaq - sumac berries - symbolizing (the color of) sunrise
  • serkeh - vinegar - symbolizing age and patience.

Other items on the table may include:

Sonbol - Hyacinth (plant) Sekkeh - Coins - representative of wealth traditional Iranian pastries such as baghlava, toot, naan-nokhodchi Aajeel - dried nuts, berries and raisins lit candles (enlightenment and happiness) a mirror (symbolizing cleanness and honesty) decorated eggs, sometimes one for each member of the family (fertility) a bowl of water with goldfish (life within life, and the sign of Pisces which the sun is leaving). As an essential object of the Nowruz table, this goldfish is also "very ancient and meaningful" and with Zoroastrian connection. rosewater, believed to have magical cleansing powers the national colours, for a patriotic touch
  • a holy book (e.g., the Avesta, Qur'an, Bible, Torah, or Kitb-i-Aqdas) and/or a poetry book (almost always either the Shahnameh or the Divan of Hafez)

New Year dishes

• Reshteh Polo: rice cooked with noodles which is said to symbolically help one succeed in life.

• Dolme Barg : A traditional dish of Azari people(I m also Azari & we speak Turkish too,an area in Iran namely Azarbaijan ), cooked just before the new year. It includes some vegetables, meat and rice which have been cooked and embedded in grape leaves and cooked again. It is considered useful in reaching to wishes.

• Kookoo sabzi : Herbs and vegetable souffle, traditionally served for dinner at New Year. A light and fluffy omelet style made from parsley, dill, coriander, spinach, spring onion ends, and chives, mixed with eggs and walnut.

Some famuse sweet for nowruz: shirini  nokhodchi   one of my  fav  sweet.

And   finally some nuts that we say  Ajil.

Navroz celebration by Parsis

In the Fasli/Bastani variant of the Zoroastrian calendar, Navroz is always the day of the vernal equinox (nominally falling on March 21). In the Shahenshahi and Kadmi calendars, which do not account for leap years, the New Year's Day has drifted ahead by over 200 days. These latter two variants of the calendar, which are only followed by the Zoroastrians of India, celebrate the spring equinox as Jamshed-i Nouroz, with New Year's Day then being celebrated in July'August as Pateti "(day) of penitence" (from patet "confession," hence also repentance and penitence).

Noorooz Khojaste Bad

Edited by chista - 17 March 2011 at 1:09am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

jasveensokhiCuty16.Vrish.BenNevistalkie14Vistaajes_jadeSidda8lonelyshadow-Prashu-

talkie14 IF-Rockerz
talkie14
talkie14

Posted: 16 March 2011 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
Hey Chista..The food looks yummy..Happy Nouruz to you too...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

chistaCuty16BenNevisjes_jade-Prashu-

Cuty16 Goldie
Cuty16
Cuty16

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Dorood chista,
i thought you shared about the persian tradition so to say u hye in your language only.
Happy Nowrooz dear.
Thanks for such a beautiful and touchy post,but the most yummy part of the post was food items pics(i wonder may be dat where real).
Once again thanks for sharing some aspects of the Parsis culture so that we all so know about it.
You are coming to India when and at what place?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

chistaBenNevisSidda8jes_jade-Prashu-yoga23priya

yoga23priya IF-Sizzlerz
yoga23priya
yoga23priya

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 12:10am | IP Logged

hey di Hug

Happy Nowroz  EveryoneHug

take care

love ya Embarrassed

Edited by yoga23priya - 17 March 2011 at 12:11am

chistaCuty16BenNevisjes_jadeSidda8-Prashu-

EAREYE IF-Rockerz
EAREYE
EAREYE

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 3:55am | IP Logged
happy parsi new year

chistaCuty16BenNevisSidda8jes_jade-Prashu-

BenNevis IF-Dazzler
BenNevis
BenNevis

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 4:25am | IP Logged

DEAR SARABig smile

HAPPY NOWROOZ

Party
Party
Party
Party
Party
Party

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chistaCuty16jes_jade-Prashu-

Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 7:57am | IP Logged
Happy Nowrooz Sara!

I hope this day brings you great happiness and starts a joyful year.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

chistaCuty16BenNevisjes_jade-Prashu-

-Prashu- IF-Sizzlerz
-Prashu-
-Prashu-

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 8:18am | IP Logged

Happy Nowroz To All My GKDians.......

GOD BLESS!!!!

Food is yummy Sara DiSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

chistaCuty16BenNevisjes_jadeSidda8yoga23priya

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index