India-Forums

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi
Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Rubina & Waheeda Rehman? (Page 4)

DREAMY_EYES Goldie
DREAMY_EYES
DREAMY_EYES

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Wow gr888 news ....i can't wait to watch their performance.....thanks for sharing  !!!

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by why3

Originally posted by gardes

Why, you and I must like the same movies.  I avoided watching Khamoshi because of RK (too full of himself than the role he needed to play) but eventually caught up with it b/c of Dharmendra and WR.  I usually watch movies for the directors and actors are secondary, unless I like the actor.  There is so much subtlety in movies when  directed by the likes of Bimal Roy, Guru Dutt, Hrishikesh Mukherjee, etc. that you rarely see these days.  I watched Aarti and Asli Naqli over the weekend b/c I love the songs.  The storyline is corny at times but the movie does not rattle your nerves with too much noise like they do these days!  Guide was good and the songs were memorable, but I have found Dev Anand to be too gimmicky and it turned me off.  I preferred the book.
Gardes, I do feel we have the same tastes.  I find RK overrated and always feel that it is RK playing the role rather than the character.  I liked Khamosi despite him.  Dev Anand is another actor whom I find overrated.  I liked him in only one movie where he played a villianous character opposite Geeta Bali.  It was called Jaal and he was good in it.  I too didn't like Guide as I didn't feel the ending of it at all.  Later on I read RK Narayan (not Guide) and found that he had disowned the movie as he hated the execution of it.  I liked Waheeda, Rahman (who played her archeologist husband)  and the songs in that movie. 

I have not seen Jaal but love the songs because of Hemant Kumar and Geeta Dutt renditions.  Now I have an incentive to watch.  It is a Guru Dutt movie after all and on my list.  The only DA movie I liked was the one where he is a big time loser at the end - Bombai Ka Babu - opposite Suchitra Sen.  He lost out because of his own sins!  When he sings Chal Ri Sajni for Suchitra Sen's bidaai, it brought tears to my eyes!  It is a melancholy song to begin with....

I liked Rahman when he played grey characters in the early movies.  I disliked him being pigeon-holed into solely villaneous characters in his post Chaudhvin Ka Chand days!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sigridAngie12Neerjaa

N025 Senior Member
N025
N025

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Thanks everyone for responding (sorry cannot respond individually at this time Disapprove)

I think this article is erroneous Thumbs Down..... I think Rubina is just singing a song originally performed by Waheeda Rehman. I don't think she is actually performing with her. I am sorry to have raised your hopes (if infact this news is untrue). Waheeda Rehman is my all time fav and when I saw this news I was so excited that I posted it right away without corroborating. Anyway I hope we are pleasantly surprised.

Gardes and Angie you guys have taken us down the memory lane by discussing all those fantastic movies from the golden era of Hindi cinema. Movies in those days had depth, subtlety and were low on gimmicks. The music was also so much more meaningful and was so well integrated into the movie.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

gardes..yajnaseni..Angie12ashna26Neerjaa

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Aww shucks, DG!  All is not lost.  Now I have a reason to watch the movie again to see WR perform the song!  WinkBig smile

Edited by gardes - 17 March 2011 at 10:53am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 11:21am | IP Logged

Why, you and I must like the same movies.  I avoided watching Khamoshi because of RK (too full of himself than the role he needed to play) but eventually caught up with it b/c of Dharmendra and WR.  I usually watch movies for the directors and actors are secondary, unless I like the actor.  There is so much subtlety in movies when  directed by the likes of Bimal Roy, Guru Dutt, Hrishikesh Mukherjee, etc. that you rarely see these days.  I watched Aarti and Asli Naqli over the weekend b/c I love the songs.  The storyline is corny at times but the movie does not rattle your nerves with too much noise like they do these days!  Guide was good and the songs were memorable, but I have found Dev Anand to be too gimmicky and it turned me off.  I preferred the book.
Gardes, I do feel we have the same tastes.  I find RK overrated and always feel that it is RK playing the role rather than the character.  I liked Khamosi despite him.  Dev Anand is another actor whom I find overrated.  I liked him in only one movie where he played a villianous character opposite Geeta Bali.  It was called Jaal and he was good in it.  I too didn't like Guide as I didn't feel the ending of it at all.  Later on I read RK Narayan (not Guide) and found that he had disowned the movie as he hated the execution of it.  I liked Waheeda, Rahman (who played her archeologist husband)  and the songs in that movie. 

I have not seen Jaal but love the songs because of Hemant Kumar and Geeta Dutt renditions.  Now I have an incentive to watch.  It is a Guru Dutt movie after all and on my list.  The only DA movie I liked was the one where he is a big time loser at the end - Bombai Ka Babu - opposite Suchitra Sen.  He lost out because of his own sins!  When he sings Chal Ri Sajni for Suchitra Sen's bidaai, it brought tears to my eyes!  It is a melancholy song to begin with....

I liked Rahman when he played grey characters in the early movies.  I disliked him being pigeon-holed into solely villaneous characters in his post Chaudhvin Ka Chand days!
I forgot about Bombai Ka Babu.  I loved that movie - the whole story and the last song was great.  I think he was good in those grey roles.  Anyway I liked both Suchitra Sen and Dev Anand in that movie.  But I like Suchitra Sen a lot even though I have only watched few of her movies.  I liked her in that original Devdas with Dilip Kumar.  That movie by Bimal Roy was the one closest to the book  (I mean in Hindi movies and not talking about Bengali versions) and Suchitra Sen was the perfect Paro with her proud looks.  Also Vajayanti Mala was good in her simple costumes.  When I remember watching Sanjay Bhansali's Devdas, I regret spending $10 on that movie. 

I also loved Suchitra Sen in Aandhi and another movie where she played a double role opposite Ashok Kumar and Dharmendra.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gardessigridNeerjaa

gardes IF-Dazzler
gardes
gardes

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 11:52am | IP Logged

I forgot about Bombai Ka Babu.  I loved that movie - the whole story and the last song was great.  I think he was good in those grey roles.  Anyway I liked both Suchitra Sen and Dev Anand in that movie.  But I like Suchitra Sen a lot even though I have only watched few of her movies.  I liked her in that original Devdas with Dilip Kumar.  That movie by Bimal Roy was the one closest to the book  (I mean in Hindi movies and not talking about Bengali versions) and Suchitra Sen was the perfect Paro with her proud looks.  Also Vajayanti Mala was good in her simple costumes.  When I remember watching Sanjay Bhansali's Devdas, I regret spending $10 on that movie. 

I also loved Suchitra Sen in Aandhi and another movie where she played a double role opposite Ashok Kumar and Dharmendra.

MAMTA - another one on my list of movies to see!  LOVE the songs!!  Aandhi too was done so well.  But of course it was a Gulzar movie and had Sanjeev Kumar, another of my favorites.

Unfortunately, I have not seen Devdas because of Dilip Kumar, who I feel comes across very grandiose in dialogue delivery!  [Saw Kohinoor too over the weekend while on kitchen duty - Kumkum's dance Madhuban Mein Radhika was the best part of the movie!]  I got a Devdas DVD mailed to me recently because I love Bimal Roy's movies - Bandini, Parineeta, etc.  I will have to swallow hard and watch Devdas 1955!  You are right.  2002 Devdas was so lifeless.  All the naachna-gaana overwhelmed the movie and the story was lost.

Bombai Ka Babu was directed by Asit Sen, who has also directed some good movies.

Why, we need to compare notes on our movie tastes.  I have a list so long of movies that I need to catch up on....  I could use good recommendations and now I know where to turn....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sigridNeerjaa

MysteryGirl101 Goldie
MysteryGirl101
MysteryGirl101

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
thx for sharin
Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
 Thanks DG  for the article......Angie and Gardes it was pleasure to read your comparing notes about old time movies....After a long time was reading about all these movies....In Guide Waheeda Rehman was the best and it was quite bold movie of that time.....All the songs were superb... you can very well imagine  Dev Radhika in any Old time melodies ....they fit the image...Thanks for taking me into memory lane...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gardes

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index