Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: gardes

Wow, wow and wow!

If Waheeda and Ruby dance to "Piya tose...", my all time favorite song and dance performance by Waheeda Rehman, I will definitely watch the clip!

Waheeda Rehman was a legend in that era and who can forget "Bhanwara bada naadaan hai" and the movie Saheb Bibi Aur Ghulam.  She was amazing in Kaagaz Ke Phool as well!

Thanks for posting, DG.

Gardes, Waheeda is also one of my all time favorites in both looks and acting.  I loved her in Saheb Bibi, Bees Saal baad, Kaagaz Ke Phool and Guide. 

This song suits Radhika's character and they used this in last year's holi too.
chipak thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the info Dg..Wow Waheeda ji and Ruby on Piya Tose nanian lage re..what a combo..awesome threesome😃

Piya Tose is one of my fav fav song from Guide and Waheedaji looked divine in this Latag, SD burman song...i am complete fan/cooler of Guide specially coz of its music...
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: why3

Gardes, Waheeda is also one of my all time favorites in both looks and acting.  I loved her in Saheb Bibi, Bees Saal baad, Kaagaz Ke Phool and Guide. 

This song suits Radhika's character and they used this in last year's holi too.

Thanks, Why.  I thought of the 2 movies off the top of my head as they are my favorites, and in addition to the ones you mentioned, she was so amazing in Chaudhvin Ka Chand, Khamoshi, Baat Ek Raat Ki and Kohra (an Indian version of Rebecca) as well.  She was a beauty and it showed so well in Kaagaz Ke Phool.  She was so fresh-faced in KKP and SBAG!  Loved her movies.
Edited by gardes - 13 years ago
anu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks a lot...............
Angie12 thumbnail

Thanks, Why.  I thought of the 2 movies off the top of my head as they are my favorites, and in addition to the ones you mentioned, she was so amazing in Chaudhvin Ka Chand, Khamoshi, Baat Ek Raat Ki and Kohra (an Indian version of Rebecca) as well.  She was a beauty and it showed so well in Kaagaz Ke Phool.  She was so fresh-faced in KKP and SBAG!  Loved her movies.

Gardes,  I forgot about Khamosi.  I am not a fan of Rajesh Khanna but Waheeda was just amazing in that movie.  On top of that, they had that beautiful song "Pukaar Lo" picturized in the background on her and Dharmendra.  Plus she was shown walking with a copy of  Abhigyan Shakuntalam.  The whole picturization was great.  Those movies were so subtle with those literary touches.  Wish they could show some of that in Hindi serials.
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: why3

Gardes,  I forgot about Khamosi.  I am not a fan of Rajesh Khanna but Waheeda was just amazing in that movie.  On top of that, they had that beautiful song "Pukaar Lo" picturized in the background on her and Dharmendra.  Plus she was shown walking with a copy of  Abhigyan Shakuntalam.  The whole picturization was great.  Those movies were so subtle with those literary touches.  Wish they could show some of that in Hindi serials.

Why, you and I must like the same movies.  I avoided watching Khamoshi because of RK (too full of himself than the role he needed to play) but eventually caught up with it b/c of Dharmendra and WR.  I usually watch movies for the directors and actors are secondary, unless I like the actor.  There is so much subtlety in movies when  directed by the likes of Bimal Roy, Guru Dutt, Hrishikesh Mukherjee, etc. that you rarely see these days.  I watched Aarti and Asli Naqli over the weekend b/c I love the songs.  The storyline is corny at times but the movie does not rattle your nerves with too much noise like they do these days!  Guide was good and the songs were memorable, but I have found Dev Anand to be too gimmicky and it turned me off.  I preferred the book.
Edited by gardes - 13 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
I think we will have this song and Radhika and dev dancing.
laxmi_avinafan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chalhov

I think we will have this song and Radhika and dev dancing.

i agree with you chalhov 
laxmi_avinafan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: dg86

I just came across this......

i can;t wait for tomorrow episode &  for their dance piya toh se naina lage re very beautiful song & RADEV too   
Angie12 thumbnail

Why, you and I must like the same movies.  I avoided watching Khamoshi because of RK (too full of himself than the role he needed to play) but eventually caught up with it b/c of Dharmendra and WR.  I usually watch movies for the directors and actors are secondary, unless I like the actor.  There is so much subtlety in movies when  directed by the likes of Bimal Roy, Guru Dutt, Hrishikesh Mukherjee, etc. that you rarely see these days.  I watched Aarti and Asli Naqli over the weekend b/c I love the songs.  The storyline is corny at times but the movie does not rattle your nerves with too much noise like they do these days!  Guide was good and the songs were memorable, but I have found Dev Anand to be too gimmicky and it turned me off.  I preferred the book.

Gardes, I do feel we have the same tastes.  I find RK overrated and always feel that it is RK playing the role rather than the character.  I liked Khamosi despite him.  Dev Anand is another actor whom I find overrated.  I liked him in only one movie where he played a villianous character opposite Geeta Bali.  It was called Jaal and he was good in it.  I too didn't like Guide as I didn't feel the ending of it at all.  Later on I read RK Narayan (not Guide) and found that he had disowned the movie as he hated the execution of it.  I liked Waheeda, Rahman (who played her archeologist husband)  and the songs in that movie.