Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shona2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
hey interesting FF.. add me to ur pm and update soon!
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Originally posted by: shona2010

hey interesting FF.. add me to ur pm and update soon!

thnx! Added! on the side do u hv a say on the current situation πŸ˜ƒ pls see the note on 24 n feel free to ans πŸ˜‰
Downhill thumbnail
Originally posted by: komlika

lovely ff...
plzz add me to ur PM list.......
i wud want u to go back.........finish off the past and then continue with the present
love ur ff

reva

madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dreamy_Mystique

thnx sooo much for ur response! i hv added u to ur PM list
 as of now the votes:
present: 3
past: 2
still present is leading so i am going to go with present....

nazsij thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice ff pls add me in ur pm list.....
i like this half iyer ponne.....
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Originally posted by: nazsij

nice ff pls add me in ur pm list.....

i like this half iyer ponne.....

Thnx a lot! hv added u πŸ˜Š
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Chapter 12: Cloth Work!
           Geet tried to turn around when something was stopping her. She tried again only to be unsuccessful. She felt soft little hands cupping her face and shaking it. Geet fluttered her eyes open to find Kritika sitting on top of her and trying her best to wake her up by patting on her cheek.
            "Amma, ezhunduko! (Wake up)," Kritika said in between her attempts to wake Geet up. Geet rubbed her eyes to clear her morning blurry vision and gave a huge smile to Kritika. She was surprised to find her awake this early in the morning. She pulled Kritika closer so that she was on top of her in a sleeping position and her cheeks were near Geet's face. Geet gave her a huge kiss on her cheeks and lifted her up so that she could sit up on the bed.
            "Good morning chellam, ivvalo cheekaram (this early) what are you doing?" Geet asked.
            "Amma, today you are really late, look at the time its already 8 in the morning," Kritika said reading the digital clock on the bed stand. Geet looked at the clock and was shocked to find that she had overslept. She quickly slipped out of the bed to get herself and Kritika ready so that they wouldn't be late. She got herself ready before bathing and dressing Kritika to school. After combing Kritika's hair, she gave her a final touch up and kissed her cheeks, her angel looked beautiful. Geet had thanked God every single day for giving her a chance to survive for giving her Kritika.
            Kritika went and sat on the dining table for her morning pop tarts while Geet changed her clothes and came down. Geet gave her daily dose of orange juice and pop tarts and drank a cup of coffee herself. After the quick meal, both grabbed their respective bags hurried to the elevator locking the door behind.
            Reaching Kritika's school, Geet and Kritika exchanged their routine kisses and Geet waved her a bye while Geet bid her good bye while shouting to behave in school. Once Kritika was out of sight, Geet turned around and headed for her office. She walked down to the subway train station and opened her bag to get out her MTA pass (train ticket) when she noticed the annual conference paper. Yesterday's events came rushing back to her and she paused deep in thought. The person standing behind her was annoyed by the delay and asked her to move if she was simply going to stand. She excused herself and let the other person pass by while she found her pass, swiped it, and went in.
            Geet's actions were mechanical while her thoughts trailed back to the conference. She got into the train, got out, and walked to her office all the while thinking hard to find a reason to not attend it. She had made up her mind to keep away but her heart secretly yearned to go and get a glimpse of the man who had changed her life. She entered her cabin, dropped her coat on her chair, and slid her bag into the shelf nearby. She had resolved to return the booklet but decided to give it back the end of the day as though hoping that keeping the booklet would be equal to keeping him near her. She busied herself with her work to keep away her thoughts from breaking down like last night.
Geet was relieved that the day kept her busy. The clients whom she had met with the previous day had affirmed in the positive for the deal and she had spent the whole day arranging the contract papers, finalizing the designs, and getting the final approval from her boss, JP. By mid afternoon Geet was exhausted and was ready to go out to lunch when she got a call from Mrs. Bowden, principal of Rainbow academics, Kritika's school. Geet was not surprised, as she knew Kritika was in trouble again. What could she do with a girl whose middle name was Trouble! She picked up the call with a heavy sigh as she would again get a big lecture from Mrs. Bowden on how to raise a child. Children are meant to have fun in their young age, that's how they learn; trying to drill all the rules and regulation would not help a child's intellectual groW*H. But that woman, with her orthodox views on bring up a child would never understand.
"Hello, Ms Handa," said the grim solemn voice on the other end.
"Yes, Mrs. Bowden, how are you?" Geet asked in the sweetest tone possible.
"Well, Ms. Handa I am afraid that I am not very well, and thanks to your daughter who wants to make my day hell," Mrs. Bowden clucked.
This woman had the nerves to talk ill of her angel, Geet thought with anger rising in her insides. "I am sorry to hear that Mrs. Bowden, what did Kritika do?" she asked with her clenched teeth.
"She has got a time out for a wonderful job so you can come down and ask her yourself," she said with sarcasm.
Geet was had a lot in her mind and Mrs. Bowden's taunting made her more agitated. She was frustrated and snapped she would come down to pick up her daughter. She gave a message to JP that she had to step out early because of personal work. She picked up her jacket and bag and headed to the subway station angry that Kritika was in trouble again. More than the fact the she was in trouble Geet was annoyed that Mrs. Bowden doesn't leave a chance to belittle her little angel. She arrived in the pre-school and entered Mrs. Bowden's cabin.
Geet saw a woman in her late fifties, smirking evilly with her cruel blue eyes. Her blonde hair was combed into a tight bun and her crooked nose pointing high towards the ceiling. She took a seat opposite to Mrs. Bowden with a forlorn expression, getting ready to hear her lecture on how to raise a child. In the corner of the room Kritika stood with her eyes cast down and fidgeting with her fingers.
"My dear darling, would you like to tell your dear mother what you were upto in class today?" Mrs. Bowden said looking at Kritika gleefully. Kritika shot her head up and looked towards Mrs. Bowden making the most innocent face possible but not replying to her question. Hearing no answer from Kritika, Mrs. Bowden shook her head ruefully and mumbled incomprehensively.
"I guess your daughter is not going to open her mouth again so let me do the honors of revealing what she did," she said taking out a piece of construction paper from the end of her desk and gave it to Geet. Geet looked at the construction paper that was filled with neatly cut cloth like material in various designs in a beautifully coordinated fashion. She looked questioningly back at Mrs. Bowden wondering what could possibly wrong with the sheet of paper that was beautifully and neatly decorated.
"What you see is a sheet of paper with designs made of cloth like material, well the cloth was not provided by us could you please ask where she got the material from?" Mrs. Bowden asked.
Geet could not take it anymore, she was primarily angry that Mrs. Bowden was wasting her time and unnecessarily punishing her daughter for what seemed a beautiful piece of artwork. Unable to vent her anger on the principal, she shouted, "Kritika! Can you please explain what is happening here? Engerthu pannadi ithe (where did you do this from)," pointing to the construction sheet. "Solli tholaiyendi (tell me!)," she said clenching her teeth and looking menacingly at Kritika.
Kritika looked at her mother, red with anger, she was taken aback by Geet's anger. Her mother never shouted at her at for anything. And today she looked like she would hit Kritika any minute. Fearing her mother's wrath Kritika stuttered, "That, athu (that) vanthu (that)," with her eyes brimming with tears threatening to fall any minute. She struggled to choose the right words to explain herself when Mrs. Bowden interrupted by recalling the day's events in the preschool.
"Okay everyone, today as promised you all shall use construction paper to cut out designs and glue them on the sheet here," Mrs. McKenna said handing out scissors, construction paper, and glue to each table in the class. The students were all excited that they finally got to do their favorite activity and hurried to get their share of construction paper and a pair of scissor. Kritika also took a pair of scissors but not finding the construction paper of her choice she looked around other tables hoping to find what she wanted. Unfortunately, she found none; she again looked around the room, this time not at the construction paper but at something else and her eyes gleamed mischief.
Kritika finally finished the desired product and showed to her teacher, proudly smiling at her achievement. The teacher was impressed at the little Kritika's work and appreciated her immensely for the job done. While the teacher examined her work more closely she found that the designs pasted on the sheet were not made of construction paper but of something else. She felt the sheet once again when she was called to the attention of a small hole in one of the girl's dress in the corner of the room. Dismissing the thought, she looked back at the sheet in front of her hand when her attention was again diverted to a boy walking to the other side of the class room had another hole on his thin shirt on the backside. Puzzled by the random cut holes in the attire she looked around the room to find similar patterns around. Children around the room had random cuts and holes in their attires and they shockingly resembled the pieces pasted on Kritika's sheet. She touched the pasted materials once again to confirm her suspicions and looked at Kritika questioningly. Seeing no other response than her angelic smile she asked, "Kritika, may I ask where your got these colors from?" scanning the room for the respective colored construction paper.
Kritika knew she was caught, but she couldn't give herself off so soon. She tried pacifying the teacher that she did manage to get the colored construction paper and the rest color it on her own. She tried explaining herself as sweetly as possible only but in vain as Mrs. McKenna soon dragged Kritika to the principal's office for her alarming act. And that was how she ended up in Mrs. Bowden's office in deep trouble for cutting out pieces of clothing for her artwork. Mrs. Bowden finished the narration and looked at Kritika in utter disgust for her work.
Geet was upset at Kritika's act and shouted at Kritika again for her irresponsible behavior to the delight of Mrs. Bowden. She went near her and shook Kritika asking her reasoning for doing such a thing as Kritika cried incessantly pleading she wouldn't repeat the act again. Geet apologies profusely to Mrs. Bowden and promised that Kritika would never repeat such an act and walked out of the principal's room.
As soon as they were out of the building, she picked up Kritika who was sobbing, and kissed her all over the face. Geet had never raised her voice against Kritika and today she went overboard but she couldn't help it. Mrs. Bowden would disprove of Kritika's actions and insult her. Geet could never digest Mrs. Bowden's insults against her little angel so she took the initiative to scold her in front of Mrs. Bowden and decided to apologize to Kritika later.
"I am so sorry da chellam (sweetheart) Amma romba thittitenla? (Amma scoled a lot right?) But what could I do, Mrs. Bowden would have started her lecture on how to raise a child and would go on insulting you further. That's why I had to scold you. Very sorry da, I promise I shall never scold you again. It was just chumma (simply) I pretended to scold you, romba sorry da thangam (very sorry, honey)," Geet said continuously kissing Kritika's whose sobs turned into sniffles. "I shall take you to Central Park this weekend for making you cry now, and that's a promise," she said hoping Kritika would cheer up.
"Really Amma, you'll take me there?" she asked wiping away her tears with her tiny little hands. "Actually you know Ma, even I pretended like I was crying in front of Mrs. Bowden," she said smiling mischievously at Geet.
"Vaalu! (Naughty)," Geet said with her eyes wide. "Iru appo (wait then) I shall really scold you now, you know what you did was not something I would approve of," she said letting Kritika down and with her hands on her hips.
"I am sorry ma," Kritika said with her hands on her ears asking for a sorry. "But main kya karoon, all those people had the exact colors that I wanted, and I was easily able to cut them without them noticing."
"But promise never to repeat such a thing again. Do you understand Kritika," Geet said softly yet with an edge in her voice. Kritika nodded in the affirmative and hugged her mother. Geet got down, hugged Kritika and kissed her before walking hand in hand to their apartment.
They reached home and as she had left early from work, she caught up on some of the pending work while Kritika made her way to her play room and engaged herself in her toys. In the evening Geet prepared dinner and fed Kritika and herself before winding down for the day. She cleaned the kitchen and walked into the living room to catch up on current happenings around the world on TV while Kritika seated herself on Geet's lap and hugged her.
           Few hours passed, Kritika had fallen asleep on Geet's lap while Geet was still watching the TV. She was switching the channel when the doorbell rang. She placed Kritika carefully on the couch without disturbing her and walked towards the door wondering who would visit her at this time of the night. She opened the door to find a person with his arms folded and a smirk on his face leaning against the wall near the door. He rushed into the house much to the displeasure of Geet and hugged her tightly before whispering, "Missed me?"

OK EVERYONE HERE IS THE NEXT PART! as per the votes the present won and the people wanted to get a glimpse of Kritika so here u go! 
PLEASE NOTE: from now one i am going to go back and forth so the past will have a red coded italics font while the present will be in blue color font.

GUYS PLEASE PLEASE DO COMMENT (criticism is welcome too!). TAKING ALL THE PAINS TO UPLOAD SO I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU WOULD COMMENT OR ATLEAST HIT THE LIKE BUTTON. 
Edited by Maaneet_09 - 13 years ago
ninavi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
loved it 
it ws very nice
kritika is very very cute and naughty toooo
is dt Maan at d end part 
cont sooooon
thnx for d PM πŸ˜Š
-Zahra15- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
is this person maan????plzzzzz let it b him..........
amazing prt n kritika is so naughty.......
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Originally posted by: sonali_N

loved it 

it ws very nice
kritika is very very cute and naughty toooo
is dt Maan at d end part 
cont sooooon
thnx for d PM πŸ˜Š

thnx so much πŸ˜Š
well u shall find out soon who the person his.... πŸ˜†