Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

komlika thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
awesome update.......... cant wait for maaneet to meet.😍........im guessing maan doesnt know about kritika..........who is radhika?........i hope maan didnt marry her (if he did me will be very angry at him)
surbhijn106 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Plzzz update soon n do pm me
mishtib thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
KRITHIKA IS GEETS DAUGHTER
IS SHE MARRIED .
TO WHOM?
WAITNG.........

cyum321 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
curious to know geet's past, great write
preethia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
i thought it was maan's mistakes but seems some one has played in bw............eager to know who is radhika..............is the child maan's or some one else..............
Shalve thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome update... story is going on an interesting path now.... waiting for yr next update
meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update .
i just wanted to ask in the introductory part the surname is given handa .but the most of convo is done in tamil . so,  i request to change geet surname . i know it doesn't matter but still  i feel it make story more natural  somewhere you may include  cross culture scenes  which will  add    different flavour in the story . it always writers prodigy but just wantedto share with you
 it is only my pov .not wanted to find any mistake and no offence to you plz .
madhu.pmlist thumbnail

Originally posted by: acjanfeb1

awesome update .

i just wanted to ask in the introductory part the surname is given handa .but the most of convo is done in tamil . so,  i request to change geet surname . i know it doesn't matter but still  i feel it make story more natural  somewhere you may include  cross culture scenes  which will  add    different flavour in the story . it always writers prodigy but just wantedto share with you
 it is only my pov .not wanted to find any mistake and no offence to you plz .

ah i was expecting this question. dont worry i am not offended. if you look closely at the intro sketch u will see geet's parents had a love marriage. her father is punjabi while her mother is tamilian. that is the reason geet can speak both hindi and tamil. more on their love marr in the next part. 
madhu.pmlist thumbnail
Chapter 5: A Peek in the Past
           "Geetu! Ezhunthirudi (wake up!)" Anu screamed from the kitchen while busily preparing the morning filter coffee. There was a slight stir on the bed. Anu knew Geet would never wake up without her physically shaking her up to wake up. Geet was 22-years-old, yet alarm clocks, shouting, or no amount of loud music could wake Geet up. Everyday, Anu would personally go and wake her daughter up. She knew Arvind had spoiled her a lot but she couldn't help smiling herself at her daughter. After she was born both Anu and Arvind showered all their love on her. She was their happiness, their life. After Anu's family had shunned her for marrying her love, Arvind Krishna Handa, whom she met in her law college, she found it difficult to cope as she was bereft of her family.
Anu came from a traditional and orthodox Iyer family from a tiny town known as Kumbakonam. Her father along with her family had shifted to Bombay to find a better job and better opportunities. Although her family was very conservative, they had let her study law, as she really wanted to become a lawyer. Joining the prestigious, Indian Law Society's Law College she made sure she made her parents proud of their decision to become a good lawyer. While in college she had met Arvind Krishna Handa, her future husband. After the initial hiccups both fell in love and decided to marry but the main problem was she was from a pure Tamil Brahmin family while he came from a typical Punjabi background. Both families disagreed and there was outright opposition from them.
Having no support from both families, Anu and Arvind married against their parents' wishes. Coming to know about their marriage both their families had shunned them out. But Arvind took all the pains to keep her happy. They had struggled a lot but it was worth it. After marrying, both successfully passed the Bar exams and set up a small Law firm. The business was initially slow and they struggled a lot to maintain it. They faced so many problems and criticisms, and without both their families to support they were left to fend for themselves. In spite of their hard struggle, they both managed to keep their love for each other alive. In the midst of trying to establish their lives, their daughter was born, Geetanjali. She was their gift from God, a solace to their wounds, and finally, she was their love. Both Anu and Arvind had spoiled her to the core to make sure she gets all the happiness in the world. They had watched her grow up into a fine young lady, but still they considered her a little kid. Geetu was their little angel sent from heaven. Today, Geet was supposed to catch a flight to Delhi to attend her first job interview. And like always, she was running late.  
"Geet, wake up," Anu said while slightly shaking the sleeping Geet. "You are already running late, come on get ready quickly so that you can catch the flight on time," Anu said while removing the blanket that covered Geet.
"Amma, please just two more minutes and then I shall wake up promise," Geet croaked half asleep, while trying to cover herself with the blanket.
"Podi (go) I know your tricks now come on wake up before I myself pull you out of bed," Anu warned. Geet knew she was running out of options and reluctantly got out bed while saying a quick morning prayer. Opening her eyes, she looked at her mother, and smiled a cheesy smile and looked at the digital clock. It read 8:30 AM, 12th January 2006. She gasped looking at the clock she was indeed late. She gave a quick kiss to her mother before dashing to the bathroom to get ready. Taking a quick shower, she rushed to the pooja room for the morning prayers and came running to the dining table to catch a bite before she headed to the airport. She saw her dad quietly sipping the filter coffee and, which her had loved to become accustomed to because his wife would drink only coffee in the morning. He would have preferred some nice adhrak wala chai but he had no complaints for his wife had lovingly prepared the morning coffee. He would take anything made by his loving wife. He was taking a look at the newspaper when Geet came running to the dining table in her favorite red salwar suit.
"Hello Pappa, a very good morning!" Geet said while pulling the chair next to him.
"Hello mera baccha, a very very good morning to you too!" he said while giving her a soft kiss on her forehead. "Did you prepare yourself well for the interview?" he asked.
"Haan Pappa sab kuch tayyar hai. Amma has packed everything for me, and all the paper work is also done. My friends gave me some tips on what to expect from the interview," she said excitedly.
"Do you really have to work in Delhi? Is there no other company here in Bombay where you can find the same job?" Arvind asked a little disappointed by the fact that if she got selected then she would have to stay away from him. He would never want his daughter to stay away from him.
"Of course Pappa, it is really important. Aapko pata hai na that company is the number one construction company. And getting an interview from there is like my dream come true. Aap please fikar mat keejiye I shall be fine," Geet assured her father although she knew he was still unhappy about her decision to work in Delhi. It had taken a lot of effort to persuade him to allow her to work. Doing her undergraduation from the top architectural college with flying colors allowed her to be selected for interview for junior architect assistant by a top construction company and she did not want to miss the chance. It would be hard for her too to stay away from her loving parents but it won't be long before she would be back in Bombay, she assured herself.  Finally finishing her breakfast she gathered all her things to leave to airport.
Seeing her all ready to leave while Anu took the car keys to drop her off to the airport, Arvind pleaded, "Kya main bhi aa sakti hoon please? I also want to come to the airport to see you off." With his puppy large and innocent eyes he looked at Geet for a chance to go to airport with her.
"Nahi Pappa please you stay here I really don't want too much tamasha and crying when I leave for the flight. Behtar hai ki aap yahaan hi bye keh deejiye," Geet tried convincing her father who was near to breaking down seeing his daughter leave for the airport. She knew he would break down at the airport seeing her leave and seeing him in that condition would just kill her so she had asked her father to stay at home to make it easier for both of them. But her father was not convinced he promised not to put up a show in the airport. With a lot of cajoling and assuring that she would be fine, she finally left to the airport with her mother.
Reaching the airport drop off area, she hugged and kissed her mom who was slightly crying a little. Anu also didn't want Geet to go but she knew this job would be good for her so she put a brave face and convinced Arvind to let Geet go and attend the interview. Geet said her good byes, picked up her luggage, and waved a final good bye to her mom. She had insisted her mother also to just drop her off in the airport and not wait until she boarded the flight because it would be really hard letting her go. Even though her mother had put a brave face, she knew she would break down too.
While she was crossing the road to the main entrance of the airport, a black color Mercedes car came to a screeching halt in front of her.

ok guys i couldnt stop myself from writing this part because i wanted u guys to get a peek of y geet speaks 2 lang n the hist of her parents n plus its 1 step closer to maaneet meeting πŸ˜‰
Edited by Maaneet_09 - 13 years ago
Paloma_D thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
great part...loved it and cant wait for the next installment! Do continue soon:)
will be waiting, take care
Paloma x